Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SPEEDY Metal Polish works great (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/142559-speedy-metal-polish-works-great.html)

DannyD 11-23-2006 10:44 PM

Re: SPEEDY Metal Polish works great

Originally Posted by blaniac
A bit steep on the shipping charges for an 8 oz. bottle ($10.77), almost as much as the product at $14.99 :(

That's probably because where you live. We have "real time" UPS shipping calculator that calculates exacts. The only variables is residential or commercial "ship to" address. Residential being the more costly of the two.

Hope this explains this for you.

rude 11-28-2006 09:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
well Dan and his crew and Swipes were kind enough to send me some of his Speedy Metal Polish. I was all excited to get it, then when it showed up it sat on the counter for a few weeks. i finally had time to work on the boat and DAMN i'm impressed. i polished the tunnel tabs on my boat and they came out beautiful! i haven't had the chance to get the product up onto my site yet, but rest assured it will be there soon!

Dean Ferry 11-28-2006 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Go Big
Sounds great, How do I get a sample?

I too, was wondering how do you get a sample to try?
Thanks,
Dean

kitten 12-13-2006 10:33 AM

t t t

Pictures? :D

rude 12-13-2006 11:02 AM

dean, did you receive a sample?

cuda 12-13-2006 11:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I just used my sample yesterday, cleaning up these old exhaust tips I had. Did a good job of it. :)

cuda 12-13-2006 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the before picture.

rv 12-13-2006 11:16 AM

I tried Speedy too. I used it on billet aluminum. It seems to work good at polishing out a surface that is in negilected condition and make it shine. However, I was not happy with fine swirl scratches left behind. I tried different types of cloth rags including flannel and even microfiber towel and still had the swirl scratches.

I would like to know if there is a polish that gets the fine scratches out and leaves a mirror type finish. Some I have used does get the fine swirl scratches out but it leaves the finish milky looking when you get the light just right and look into it.

Rick

DannyD 01-09-2007 08:32 PM

Rv - got any pics?
We like to see the before and afters or your success.

rv 01-10-2007 07:18 AM

Danny,
It is difficult for me to get the swirl scratches and cloudy appearance to show up in a camera photo. I will try again tonight and see if I can get the picture to come out I will post.

Any product that does not leave these scratches?

Rick