Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dumbass of the year award

yeap both should call TRES
Old 10-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NefariousOne
Uhhhhh...the idiot award goes to the captain of the CG boat not the other guy. And he did not "cut off" the CG boat. That was a crossing situation and the CG boat was the give-way vessel. The other guy was the stand-on vessel..... The CG boat was in the wrong....rule 15.....

"When two power-driven vessels are crossing so as to involve risk of collision, the vessel which has the other on her own starboard side shall keep out of the way and shall, if the circumstances of the case admit, avoid crossing ahead of the other vessel."
What he said!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, I would be shopping for my new Cigarette after I got finished with the CG in court. Violated their own rules of the road....
Old 10-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Registered

looks to me like they both were at fault ever heard of falling to reduce speed to avoid a accident
Old 10-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

regardless of the rules of the road it is every captains duty to avoid a collision if possible, the CG captain needs some more training or something, all he had to do was slow down it was obvious the other boat didn't see him.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:15 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was tied up at the Riverside bar recently, as I walked down the dock to check my lines, here came one of those rigid/inflatable CG boats not 20" off the end of the docks just below a plane looking at the boats tied up (I guess). His wake caused all the boats to slam against the docks 3-5 times hard.

I just about busted a gut keeping mine off the pilings. I knew if I cussed them out I would be more than the usual target next time out.

Unfortunately they seem to be running training missions for newbie weekend warriors up our river this year
Old 10-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NefariousOne
Uhhhhh...the idiot award goes to the captain of the CG boat not the other guy. And he did not "cut off" the CG boat. That was a crossing situation and the CG boat was the give-way vessel. The other guy was the stand-on vessel..... The CG boat was in the wrong....rule 15.....

"When two power-driven vessels are crossing so as to involve risk of collision, the vessel which has the other on her own starboard side shall keep out of the way and shall, if the circumstances of the case admit, avoid crossing ahead of the other vessel."
That's exactly what I thought when I saw it - the small boat was the stand-on vessel. Bad Coastie, no donut!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Registered

The CG boat had the right away as it's responding to an emergency situation . It states at the start of the vid that it was responding to a vessel in peril. But the first rule is to avoid a collision . Hailing the small boat was pissin' in the wind as they obviously didn't hear them. Could have been avoided.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Registered

Quick Reply: Dumbass of the year award

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.