Like Tree0Likes

Navasink River

Reply
Old 10-20-2006, 05:41 PM
  #61
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Comanche3Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,273
Default Re: Navasink River

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunster
if you can afford the taxes god bless you!
God did bless me, and I can't afford the taxes.

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?s...ckedItemPage=1
Comanche3Six is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:10 PM
  #62
Geronimo36
Gold Member
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default Re: Navasink River

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Heat
Thanks for the recall on Irwin's...that was it. There has to be a marina that would hold 75 boats...no? Keep me posted - I can make it back in 5.5 hrs
Irwins.....I'll forever have a sore spot in my gut from those f'ing people.... Chan totally screwed my father over back in the 80's...

Anyway, before my family moved down here (late 70's early 80's) they would take weekend trips with the boat and stay at Molly Pitcher and Mirasol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunster
And they are all sitting there for sale! Really anything over a mil is just sitting there. The boom is over here for a while. Don't get me wrong it's still an expensive area but there are a lot of deals out there , people aren't getting the prices they were a year or two ago. Exeption is riverfront property , if you can afford the taxes god bless you!
No Kiddin... My buddie built a house up in Scenic Highlands and just sold it for $1.2M. There was a house down the street that was competing with him when he was trying to sell and two weeks after he closed the owner dropped the price from $1.1M to $700K...
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:23 PM
  #63
Registered
 
mr_velocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,084
Default Re: Navasink River

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunster
And they are all sitting there for sale! Really anything over a mil is just sitting there. The boom is over here for a while. Don't get me wrong it's still an expensive area but there are a lot of deals out there , people aren't getting the prices they were a year or two ago. Exeption is riverfront property , if you can afford the taxes god bless you!
Almost $12K now, was $4200 when we moved in back in '91.
mr_velocity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:56 AM
  #64
Registered
 
hunster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: oceanport nj
My Boats: 94 scarab 29
Posts: 1,626
Default Re: Navasink River

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Almost $12K now, was $4200 when we moved in back in '91.
Thats why I left little silver , 2 acres , not on the water , old busted 4 br ranch , went from 6500 to over 19g in 5 years. 19000 to rent my property was just too much! Man this pic is old , my boat is still in the driveway!
Attached Thumbnails
Navasink River-639sevenbridge.jpg  
hunster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:36 PM
  #65
Geronimo36
Gold Member
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default Re: Navasink River

Hey Hunster, remember coming back from the brunch run when we got on it out in the snot and you asked me how fast we went? Well, I checked my GPS recall.....not to shabby for some snotty water eh!

Looks like I put on 1100 miles and 50 hours since I reset the GPS in July!
Attached Thumbnails
Navasink River-gps-002-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Panther; 10-24-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:17 PM
  #66
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member
Thread Starter
 
SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Sharkey-Images.com
Posts: 19,670
Question Re: Navasink River

That 9.6 number on the top left there.... Is that the average wave height?
__________________
www.TimSharkey.com/

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
SHARKEY-IMAGES is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:28 PM
  #67
Geronimo36
Gold Member
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default Re: Navasink River

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
That 9.6 number on the top left there.... Is that the average wave height?
Always stirrin the pot! I wish I stayed in it longer because the boat was just getting up to speed..

Yep....average wave height! Mr_Velocity will tell you it's 50 hours of idle and rive time though...

Last edited by Panther; 10-24-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:08 PM
  #68
Geronimo36
Gold Member
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default Re: Navasink River

Hunster...what do you know about GPS?? I was flipping thru the setup options and there is something turned on that's called a "speed filter". When I did a search on the internet it said that it averages speed over the course of time to give your speed.

Hey, I wonder if this is why my GPS was reading different then everyone else's "claimed" speeds when they were getting hammered by an old pink and lumpy resin bucket!

Last edited by Panther; 10-24-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:24 AM
  #69
Registered
 
sakoutis3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Colts Neck,NJ
My Boats: 2002 Outer Limits 51'
Posts: 2,149
Default Re: Navasink River

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
Always stirrin the pot! I wish I stayed in it longer because the boat was just getting up to speed..

Yep....average wave height! Mr_Velocity will tell you it's 50 hours of idle and rive time though...

49.9999999 hours idling in the river 0.0000001 hours with the hand held on the Parkway in the your truck.

Shark if the pink Apache ever saw a ten foot wave it would've pissed its pants. The only time that boat see's water that big is when Frank takes a picture on the beach and brings it down to the dock.

Last edited by sakoutis3; 10-25-2006 at 10:28 AM.
sakoutis3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:37 AM
  #70
Registered
 
hunster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: oceanport nj
My Boats: 94 scarab 29
Posts: 1,626
Default Re: Navasink River

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
Hunster...what do you know about GPS?? I was flipping thru the setup options and there is something turned on that's called a "speed filter". When I did a search on the internet it said that it averages speed over the course of time to give your speed.

Hey, I wonder if this is why my GPS was reading different then everyone else's "claimed" speeds when they were getting hammered by an old pink and lumpy resin bucket!
Try turning it off. I too read it on the garmin site , what the hell would you need that for?
hunster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
hunster
Northeast US
8
07-08-2008 10:10 AM
jcap
Superboat
24
10-27-2006 10:00 PM
Velocity Tom
General Boating Discussion
14
10-20-2005 08:00 AM
Cannon8468
Great Lakes and Canada
24
10-08-2005 11:41 PM
BAD-HABIT
General Boating Discussion
26
09-30-2003 11:22 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.