Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO Accident (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143561-loto-accident.html)

tlark 10-25-2006 12:53 PM

Re: LOTO Accident

1 Attachment(s)
Now that I look at it again, if you look on the far left, thats the house on the cliff with the water falls and the far right is the point of the island at the entrance to the Broken Arrow Marina. First year resident.....but it looks familar.

hammer01 10-25-2006 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by tlark
Now that I look at it again, if you look on the far left, thats the house on the cliff with the water falls and the far right is the point of the island at the entrance to the Broken Arrow Marina. First year resident.....but it looks familar.

actually, that appears to be regatta bay in the backdrop which is on the east side of the lake. this accident must have happened just a cove or so from ozark bar-b-q. have to be very careful on any body of water to not get overconfident about the depth or conditions of the water. as someone stated above, there is a rock-type reef in front of four seasons about a mile or two down from regatta bay that is very shallow, yet there is a hole just out from the reef that is in excess of 125 feet deep in spots and 200 i have heard has been seen on a depth gauge.

tlark 10-25-2006 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by hammer01
actually, that appears to be regatta bay in the backdrop which is on the east side of the lake.

I edited my first post, meant to say the island on west , by big thunder cove entry or close to it. I know the island by four seasons and I didn't think that was it. Anyway I was was wrong in that post, but the photo sure looks like its that island by Broken Arrow that has that stone bridge as a entry (west side)

I am new down there :drink:

Griff 10-25-2006 03:43 PM

The sandbar that he hit is at the 11mm on the Sunrise Beach side of the lake. Its a few coves and about half a mile toward the toll Bridge if you are coming from Ozark BBQ.

bouyhunter 10-25-2006 04:29 PM

What a shame. I hope the guy's OK.
I love the P-29's - but according to the original article, I'm confused if it's a runabout, or a speedboat - anyone else catch that??

ECeptor 10-27-2006 03:47 PM

Glad to hear the guy is OK...nasty accident.

Anyone know what is going to happen to the boat? I wonder if it is going to be sold as salvage...would be a good winter project if it did.

nova26 03-26-2008 09:54 PM

Does anyone know what happen to the p29 after it crashed at LOTO? Was it Junk or did someone rebuild it?

Knot 4 Me 03-27-2008 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by nova26 (Post 2501342)
Does anyone know what happen to the p29 after it crashed at LOTO? Was it Junk or did someone rebuild it?

It has been sitting in an insurance company parking lot here in Bloomington, IL since the accident. Uncovered I might add!!