OK have narrowed down my choices >

OK have narrowed down my choices

Notices

OK have narrowed down my choices

Old 10-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: OK have narrowed down my choices

biggest issue is going to be overcoming the lack of speed. coming out of a 105+ mph OB cat most are going to seem slow.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Why are you changing from and OB cat?
Old 10-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wananewboat
Why are you changing from and OB cat?
He said he was losing too much hair going that fast
Old 10-27-2006, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

No hair jokes. I'm not doing that well either.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
well after speaking with mechanical surveryor that did the survey on the mystique, the amount of money needed to make the 100% takes it out of my budget. cancelled my flight plans this AM. according to surveyor 2 of the cylinders had water in them on those 2 cylinders the leak down %'s were 30% -34%. to completely rebuild both engines tops to bottom the RIGHT way is gonna be $5-$5500 per motor plus headers $2-$2200 per motor are gonna need to be replaced at this point as well (salt water). Now both prop shafts are beginning to twist which tells me that the vertical shafts probably are in trouble as well. So roughly speaking between redoing drives, both engines including headers is gonna put ya right around the $20k mark which after buying the boat i will not have available. Thanks for all of your replies and assistence !

fascinating ...leakdown, header replacement....drives

considering the reactions I got in the 496 vs blue thread in Bajaland...

and no doubt what I said here earlier about the additional $ that would go into that cig and whether in the end it would be the "value" your looking for...
Old 10-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

sorry about the cig bern. youll find something else.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
well after speaking with mechanical surveryor that did the survey on the mystique, the amount of money needed to make the 100% takes it out of my budget. cancelled my flight plans this AM. according to surveyor 2 of the cylinders had water in them on those 2 cylinders the leak down %'s were 30% -34%. to completely rebuild both engines tops to bottom the RIGHT way is gonna be $5-$5500 per motor plus headers $2-$2200 per motor are gonna need to be replaced at this point as well (salt water). Now both prop shafts are beginning to twist which tells me that the vertical shafts probably are in trouble as well. So roughly speaking between redoing drives, both engines including headers is gonna put ya right around the $20k mark which after buying the boat i will not have available. Thanks for all of your replies and assistence !
Sorry to hear about the Cig, Its a cool boat and sounded like a good deal. This looks like a good deal, I don't know anything about it other than the add..

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-12676.html
Old 10-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I'd just buy the boats that suits your needs best. People still can't understand why I got a heavy old resin bucket but it's what "I" wanted. Wait till the peanut gallery tells you how to power the boat...that's another good one!

And the speed...well that's just ego...everyone cruises at almost the same speed anyway...speed it just for braggin rights. You're not gonna do 103 in the ocean with 5 fters.

Last edited by Panther; 10-27-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Banned

I was rafted off to a 353 a couple years ago, and even with the swim platform, it wasn't much larger than my 302 Formula. I'm pretty sure it weighs less too. You'll have no issues pulling it with your truck.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Banned

Personally, I'd go with the 28 Pantera. I was rafted off to one of them that same weekend, and it was damn near as big as my 302. If I were to buy another boat, it would most likely be a 28 Pantera with a big single.

Quick Reply: OK have narrowed down my choices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.