Notices

TCM Warranty

Old 10-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default TCM Warranty

Does anyone have a current copy of Teague Custom Marine's Platinum Drive warranty.

I'm hearing no warranty as a retrofit & 1 yr when purchased as a new package w/ an Ilmor or Teague engine to the ORIGINAL purchaser which means no warranty for the new owner on a demo or less than 1yr old used boat regardless of when the warranty cards were submitted.

Obviously makes a big difference. I'd like to see a copy of the entire warranty including exclusions & disclaimers.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: TCM Warranty

That's one of the reasons I got out of boating.....everything is way overpriced and nobody (very few) wants to warranty a product.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
That's one of the reasons I got out of boating.....everything is way overpriced and nobody (very few) wants to warranty a product.
hey come on now, dont start raining on everyone elses parade semperfi...
Old 10-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Semper Fi, sounds like you need a diesel boat with surface drives. Something like Hustler makes at the moment or like the 43V that Nortech is making for Jassman. You would have serious warranties, would be dealing with serious people and would cut your running costs by at least 50% in the short run. In the long run, it would be much more than that as breakages are few and far between...
Old 10-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
hey come on now, dont start raining on everyone elses parade semperfi...

No raining here....just the TRUTH.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Registered

Teague's policy is neither unique to the marine industry nor high-performance products in general. Many, maybe even most, warranties are non-transferable.

There are drive and engine builders out there that don't even offer warranties, period. Others refuse to put anything on paper. There are lots of them, in fact. As engine builders go with offering warranties, Teague is at the upper end.

As for high-engine prices in general, yeah, I'd have to agree that they're often outrageous.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:20 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,107 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
You sound like a reformed smoker. LOL !!!
Just elbowin ya...for now.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 100-Plus
Teague's policy is neither unique to the marine industry nor high-performance products in general. Many, maybe even most, warranties are non-transferable.

There are drive and engine builders out there that don't even offer warranties, period. Others refuse to put anything on paper. There are lots of them, in fact. As engine builders go with offering warranties, Teague is at the upper end.

As for high-engine prices in general, yeah, I'd have to agree that they're often outrageous.
They advertise a warranty in all their drive print ads so it must exist somewhere, I'm just interested in what it says specifically.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Registered

Why don't you call TCM and ask for a copy of their warranty for that package. I doubt they're keeping it secret.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRICK
Give Bob a call and discuss whatever problem you have. Bob's pretty straight forward and approachable.
That was my plan but thought I would be able to speak more educatedly having read over the terms.

I've asked Ilmor for a copy in the interim.

Quick Reply: TCM Warranty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.