Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wow..whats up with Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/144308-wow-whats-up-fountain.html)

marineclean 11-04-2006 06:53 PM

Re: Wow..whats up with Fountain

This is one hell of a buyer's market!

pappo 11-04-2006 09:01 PM

Mine's in there because I'm moving to London. I don't think its going to fit in the container. I don't even want to think what it would cost to ship it over there not to mention paying around $8/gallon.

Canada Jeff 11-05-2006 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Back4More
A lot of those boats are already sold.... they show them for their advertising spread.

Did you read my whole post? I asked why these feature boats are for sale only months later? What you state above is what I have believed for a while. But I keep seeing these new feature boats up for sale.

Makes me think some of these boats are not commisioned , but built for an article only.

Payton 11-05-2006 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer
housing has tanked... gas is still up.... credit card debt and late payments are up as are defaults on housing....

but ifu listen to bush the economy is strong :rolleyes:

mission in iraq accomplished too :rolleyes:

all economist r predicting a .25 to .5 rate cut in the first quarter of 07

Next I bet we'll hear that G.W. was in Fort Lauderdale last week. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

In the last 25 years no President has had that much to do with how much money I made. A smart businessman will read the signs and react acordingly. In my case, it's do I store my grain or sell it, Is it time to buy more land or invest in irrigation on the land I own?
I believe even someone who works for an hourly wage has the same opertunities to protect or expand their income.

It's the same in the boat market. I think a lot of people are seeing these lower boat prices and are wanting to move up. They list their boat forsale because they don't like what a dealer will give them for a trade-in. If they can find a buyer to give them a few dollars more, they'll move up. :cool:

crb76 11-05-2006 08:02 AM

My experience is to go with a small custom builder if you want to retain value or be able to resale it quicker. It simply supply and demand.

The market is a "priceless" market. These boats are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Plus with insurance, interest, and gas being up, it has knocked out some of the payment buyers.

rush 11-05-2006 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
Did you read my whole post? I asked why these feature boats are for sale only months later? What you state above is what I have believed for a while. But I keep seeing these new feature boats up for sale.

Makes me think some of these boats are not commisioned , but built for an article only.

I bought my boat from lcm last aug. 05 they still ad. 4 sale til last week til I emailed them that I was going to sell it.can you say LOST LEADER? BAIT AN SWITCH