View Poll Results: Report Card
A = Outstanding
50.65%
B = Good
31.17%
C = Average
9.09%
D = Poor
3.90%
E = Unsatisfactory
5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree0Likes

Destin Report card

Reply
Old 11-17-2006, 10:58 PM
  #21
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member
 
SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Sharkey-Images.com
Posts: 19,671
Question Re: Destin Report card

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
now if I can just get the boat to grow 3 inches for next year...hmm
any suggestions other than make it drink a 55 gallon drum of resin?...Happy holidays... tony
Yes Tony,

Maybe the Racer's during the off season can vote to lower the minimum length to 37' 9" or 37' 6" to not only allow your boat but any other's that may be kept from racing in that class as well...??? (Just a thought.)
__________________
www.TimSharkey.com/

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
SHARKEY-IMAGES is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:10 PM
  #22
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member
 
SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Sharkey-Images.com
Posts: 19,671
Default Re: Destin Report card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron P
The awards were the best ever.
Ron,

I spoke with an official who intitially told me the awards were to be at the Convention Center. I was glad to hear that knowing there would be plenty of room and it could be more formal.

Only later to find out it was to be at AJ's.

Don't get me wrong I love the place and what made the awards best was the company and guests.

But for once I thought maybe the awards would have been a little more organized and formal.
The over crowded stage area was so bad that I was ready to pack it in and not risk damaging my equipment. But I stuck it out because we had the legends in the sport among us! Al's trophy is now back in his possession, and it was a sight to be seen. It was more history in the making and I wanted to capture it.
But if it helps with the planning for next year, the Awards needs to be in a much bigger place...
Huge thanks for AJ's for putting up with us all week...
__________________
www.TimSharkey.com/

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
SHARKEY-IMAGES is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:39 AM
  #23
Racer
Racer
 
louietherigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: L.I. N.Y. Boca Fla.
My Boats: Fountains,Mainship,Predator.Mako OPA 2007 class 2 ,2011 S.V. ,2013SVLNational Champions
Posts: 2,126
Default Re: Destin Report card

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Ron,

I spoke with an official who intitially told me the awards were to be at the Convention Center. I was glad to hear that knowing there would be plenty of room and it could be more formal.

Only later to find out it was to be at AJ's.

Don't get me wrong I love the place and what made the awards best was the company and guests.

But for once I thought maybe the awards would have been a little more organized and formal.
The over crowded stage area was so bad that I was ready to pack it in and not risk damaging my equipment. But I stuck it out because we had the legends in the sport among us! Al's trophy is now back in his possession, and it was a sight to be seen. It was more history in the making and I wanted to capture it.
But if it helps with the planning for next year, the Awards needs to be in a much bigger place...
Huge thanks for AJ's for putting up with us all week...
I gave it an outstanding grade, could use a bit more promotion prior to the event, and I agree with Tim the bar was to crowded the convention center would have been more
classy.
louietherigger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:28 AM
  #24
BJM
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Boothwyn Pa
My Boats: 2007 30 ACTIVATOR
Posts: 562
Default Re: Destin Report card

Racing was great
Viewing from the Condos was the BEST!
But, there is only one Key West
BJM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:38 AM
  #25
Geronimo36
Gold Member
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default Re: Destin Report card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
I forgot the best part, being able to watch off your balcony and then turn around and watch LIVE tv coverage at the same time... not waiting 6-9 months later for an edited commercial.. but unedited, LIVE tv coverage... i also saw it was on the radio, but never listened to that, so you could sit on the beach an listend to the race if so desired as well.... or watch on the jumbotron's on the beach... several different options thanks to AMF and the other sponsors (Bud Select and Reliable come to mind first)....
Agree 100%! Unless we all have a personal helicopter it was awsome to watch the race then turn your head and watch it up on the TV Screen with live anouncers. They had better footage of the race than ESPN and Speedvision ever had! Job well done!
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:27 AM
  #26
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member
 
Racegirl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bucyrus, Ohio
My Boats: Former Boat Btch, now I just dream
Posts: 22,944
Default Re: Destin Report card

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
..now if I can just get the boat to grow 3 inches for next year...hmm
any suggestions other than make it drink a 55 gallon drum of resin?...
Run OPA .... maybe that can be the new OPA slogan ... "its not the size of your boat that counts, just the size of your ****"


or ... maybe you should think about keepin the boat in south florida waters cuz we all know about cold water and shrinkage ....

(j/k .... hope that made ya smile )
__________________
Bad Girls Make Good Company
Racegirl3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:48 AM
  #27
Enjoy the show
VIP Member
 
Ron P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The Joisey Shore
Posts: 10,353
Default Re: Destin Report card

Quote:
Originally Posted by louietherigger
I gave it an outstanding grade, could use a bit more promotion prior to the event, and I agree with Tim the bar was to crowded the convention center would have been more
classy.

No doubt the convention center would have offered more room but there would have been no booze and very very few fans.

If that's all we can gripe about, it was a damn good week.
Ron P is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:04 AM
  #28
RHC
Registered
 
RHC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sandusky Bay
Posts: 1,375
Default Re: Destin Report card

You guys that keep saying Key West would have been better need to go talk to JC,,, He is the one who does not want anyone playing in his sandbox!!

I think the OSS guys have made the best out of a bad situation and they should get lots of atta-boys and support from the fan's.

RHC
RHC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:26 AM
  #29
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member
 
SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Sharkey-Images.com
Posts: 19,671
Thumbs up Re: Destin Report card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron P
If that's all we can gripe about, it was a damn good week.
Isn't that the truth!
__________________
www.TimSharkey.com/

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
SHARKEY-IMAGES is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:50 AM
  #30
Racer
Racer
 
louietherigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: L.I. N.Y. Boca Fla.
My Boats: Fountains,Mainship,Predator.Mako OPA 2007 class 2 ,2011 S.V. ,2013SVLNational Champions
Posts: 2,126
Default Re: Destin Report card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron P
No doubt the convention center would have offered more room but there would have been no booze and very very few fans.

If that's all we can gripe about, it was a damn good week.
Amen brother
louietherigger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Pete B
OPA/The Jersey Boyz
0
11-17-2006 06:14 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.