Notices

My Nordic is gone :(

Old 11-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Nordic is gone :(

Well boys, today I had to say good-bye to a very close friend.

'On The Heat' was mine for 3.5 years and she was a terrific boat. She was very reliable and took great care of me and my wife in the best and poorest of conditions. She would shine during all occasions - especially during the local Poker Runs where she earned her '5 minutes of fame'. Never was there a time that she let me down or did something I was not expecting - I couldn't have asked for any better.

Tonight, she departed for her new home in Delaware. She will enjoy many a summer days on the upper Chesapeake Bay and I can happily say that I could not have selected a better owner for her. A very smooth transaction to a gentleman of a State Trooper whom I know will take good care of her (and maybe come vist us at the RPBA Poker Run).

I have a few months to mourn her loss and look to her replacement however, I have to say that being without a boat payment thru the Holidays is appealing .

Thanks to all of you that supported me thru the sale process, thanks to the OSO classifieds for making it easy to show her off, and thanks to the big man for making it possible for me to get into a bigger, faster boat!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails My Nordic is gone :(-img_0003.jpg  

Last edited by Ca$hed Out; 11-20-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:46 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Default Re: My Nordic is gone :(

Bummer....in a good sort of way. Now you have room and $ for a new boat, and to that...congrats.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Registered

Where is my sympathy?
Old 11-21-2006, 06:57 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by On The Heat
Where is my sympathy?
You don't get any.Now get off your checkbook and go get the AT that we know you want.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Onto its third owner, it was a good boat for me too! I think you should get the new 39 Top Gun with the new 700s, why mess around?

Good luck in whatever you get next!!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Registered

Congrats! Now go get another one!
Old 11-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Registered

we all know the Mrs, will pick out the next boat
and don't listen to Rich, do you really want to follow his lead? :
Old 11-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Registered

Didn't take you boys long to figure out who owns the pants in this relationship (although I am sure your lovely wives clued you in). She IS very active in the research right now - so far, so good

Rich - I can get off the check book...and watch it start bouncing from here to your condo. Help a brother out and have AT cut me a special deal on a 33!
Old 11-23-2006, 11:17 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Congrats on the sale....your wife sounds like mine. A 38 Formula came up exactly like we had wanted. She insisted we buy it THAT day......took 2 month to sell the 31 Formula we still had!

(Recently I was looking for used f-350's...last week I picked up a brand new one she said was the "better deal")
Old 11-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by On The Heat
Well boys, today I had to say good-bye to a very close friend.

'On The Heat' was mine for 3.5 years and she was a terrific boat. She was very reliable and took great care of me and my wife in the best and poorest of conditions. She would shine during all occasions - especially during the local Poker Runs where she earned her '5 minutes of fame'. Never was there a time that she let me down or did something I was not expecting - I couldn't have asked for any better.

Tonight, she departed for her new home in Delaware. She will enjoy many a summer days on the upper Chesapeake Bay and I can happily say that I could not have selected a better owner for her. A very smooth transaction to a gentleman of a State Trooper whom I know will take good care of her (and maybe come vist us at the RPBA Poker Run).

I have a few months to mourn her loss and look to her replacement however, I have to say that being without a boat payment thru the Holidays is appealing .

Thanks to all of you that supported me thru the sale process, thanks to the OSO classifieds for making it easy to show her off, and thanks to the big man for making it possible for me to get into a bigger, faster boat!!!!!!
Can we interest you in a new or used 35' or 42' Nordic? Same reliability, great looks and yes, more speed. Stock 35 with 525's runs 92 GPS.. www.unlimitedmarine.com

Quick Reply: My Nordic is gone :(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.