Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's your winter project? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/145751-whats-your-winter-project.html)

J-Bonz 11-29-2006 01:13 PM

Re: What's your winter project?

Rebuild two TRS's

mr_velocity 11-29-2006 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
Boat is getting picked up today. I can't wait to get started. :evilb: :drink: :drink:

Who's doing your motors? What drives you putting back on the boat?

I still haven't pulled the props off, if I wait long enough I'll be able to just walk on the ice behind the lift. It'll sure make it a lot easier :D

Still working the powerhead for the little cat, trying to get 120 hp out of that little 49 cu in motor :cool:

25 hors la loi 12-18-2006 04:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some small change ...but i realy think i going to enjoy more my ride :D .....
1- upgrade sound system .... Sub with amp (Rockford and Kicker 400 W ) ... and better amp for mid and tweeter (PS 4 - 800 W) .....
2- install my Gps with the a recess .... with out obstructing a single gauge...... :eek:
3- have to install my Refrigarator / freezer Norcold ...painted white of course ... :D
4- My new Zoomer muffler for my 525......try to figure how to be able to remove it easy .....and made some appearance straight pipe next summer :D :D
This week-end i fall in vacation for one week ....i think i can do half of job.....if we don't have to much party :drink: .....

OL40SVX 12-18-2006 04:54 PM

Repair crappy CMI headers!

Joe 12-18-2006 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Repair crappy CMI headers!

Been there... wasn't able to do that, and the new ones weren't exactly cheap! However, I did have tons of people wanting to buy my cracked ones. They literally sold within minutes.

Remember --- Merc. f'd us by changing the bolt patterns (which are now unique to only the 525 & 600 EFI's..... Niiiiice! :(

Joe

fishead 12-18-2006 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I built this from scratch

nocigarette 12-18-2006 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by fishead
I built this from scratch

EVEN WITN MATERIAL AND TIME IT WAS STILL CHEAPER TO DUE YOURSELF WASN'T IT

nocigarette 12-18-2006 06:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
New 572 from 540 diamond plated engine compartment and all new rigging

fishead 12-18-2006 07:46 PM

Way cheaper.I got everything off of the internet.Actually on ebay.The Aluminum was from a place that goes around to auctions and buys it from places going out of business.Total cost of Aluminum for the whole thing was about 300.The tab is 38 wide by 26 long.The part mounted to the transom is 38 at the widest and 16 inches tall.The brackets were made from 1x2 6061 Off of ebay and the hinge was made by taking 1 1/4 inch round and cutting into 3 inch sections.It was drilled out with a 16mm bit (by a machine shop).The pieces were welded in an alternating sequence.One to the tab then the next to the transom mounting plate until all 12 were welded.Then a 5/8 ss rod was inserted(4 thousandths smaller than the 16mm hole)I threaded each end of the rod and put a SS nut on either end.All the brackets were attatched with countersunk SS hex bolts so they are flush with the tab.Total for welding and machining was about 300.The tab and the brackets were cut on a water jet.Total was 200.I bought the pump off of ebay for 40 bucks!And the rams are omc cobra rams and I got them for 30 for both.Spent about 200 for SS lines and about 50 for bolts.Total was about 900.I still have to get the indicator.I am figuring about 1100.00 total.A Dana Monster tab is about 5800.00.Oh yeah and a lot of time to wet sand it all to get it to shine.

tgersx 12-18-2006 08:09 PM

hey sakouts3, i have a business in manahawkin nj and i saw a dumper with sakoutis on it, you im the dumpster business?? Also who do you have doing you engines, because i've gotten royally screwed by two local buliders.