Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's your winter project? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/145751-whats-your-winter-project.html)

sakoutis3 11-23-2006 09:38 AM

What's your winter project?

Show us what your gonna be doin to your boats this winter. Up grades or just putting it back together after a season of beating it up.

My project is gonna be repowering :evilb: and a new cockpit. I'll post pictures once I get started. :drink:

375stinger 11-23-2006 09:40 AM

Re: What's your winter project?

hopefully selling, great way to finish up a 2 plus year project :D

f311fr1 11-23-2006 09:42 AM

Wet sand, buff, and wax. New a/c unit. Fix various glass nicks and scratches. Three new light fixtures in cabin.

bojoe2 11-23-2006 09:44 AM

blond about 5'8" :D :D :drink:

PhantomChaos 11-23-2006 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
Show us what your gonna be doin to your boats this winter.

Pretty much using them? :drink: :drink: :drink:

sakoutis3 11-23-2006 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Pretty much using them? :drink: :drink: :drink:

I was hoping to make the Miami poker run this year but this work just had to be done. Nice boat you got there.

KNOT-RIGHT 11-23-2006 10:43 AM

Swept back skegs.
PSI Blowers
Graphics
one piece windscreen
Shiftable crash boxes

HUSTLEthis 11-23-2006 11:00 AM

New lifters,pushrods,and valve springs, re-build the blowers, tune up stuff....

And be ready to run by Dec 15th for Tanks Channel Island run

Tom

sakoutis3 11-23-2006 12:01 PM

Doin the engines is gonna be fun. :evilb: I'm pretty much trashin everything except the blocks and cranks. :evilb: Inter coolin, new blowers,cams. I'd like to see 850 each :eek: but my engine builder wants to stay more conservetive around 750 each. :rolleyes: No matter what its gonna be fun. :drink: :drink:

JGMACHINE 11-23-2006 12:08 PM

Hi Guys - new here. I got a 31 foot 1991 IMP that I have had 2 years. I ripped all the interior out and having it all redone.

I was quoted $1600 for everything. That seems like a steal.... I do have a question if you can help. I have 2 drop out bolsters that have shocks on the bottom of the seats. I need to replace them, but I can not find them anywhere. The "shocks" have a cord that runs up the seat to a button to release the valve in the shock. Any thoughts????

Thanks...

Audiofn 11-23-2006 02:55 PM

I would crash OSO's server if I made my list :eek: :eek: :evilb: :evilb: :drink: :drink:

GATORONE 11-23-2006 03:29 PM

Building a new one :evilb:

pkspx 11-23-2006 03:43 PM

Storing the boat down in South FL, having Doller Offshore rebuild my bravo drive, install a IMCO 2" shorty and a hardin marine sea strainer with a perko flush kit. :D

Magnum25 11-23-2006 03:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres what im doing

Magnum25 11-23-2006 03:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Also.........doin the following.....

44MTI 11-23-2006 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by GATORONE

Is it going to be in the Miami Show. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Single With Twins 11-23-2006 08:31 PM

new interior, basic engine work, re-build XR drives, re-clearing and posible color change on the graphics.

1994 42 Fountain with 635 closed cooled Innovations.
Good luck all;

Jay

Single With Twins 11-23-2006 08:31 PM

oooopppppsss,

1999 42 Fountain, not 1994 :drink:

cyberuss 11-23-2006 08:40 PM

Hey all,

Upgrade the stereo....detail the engine compartment....add colored gauge bezels and a new steering wheel.

32 fever with 650 joey griffens.

Fun fun fun!

Hot Boat 11-23-2006 09:15 PM

Lets see, I have a few things to get started on.

Re paint boat, new graphics, repair transom, re install everything on transom , build and install new motor( 800 hp :evilb: ) , finish cabin interior, install trim indicator cables, Etc , Etc, Etc, .........start building addition of house that we are G.C. ing our self ........ start working on new business we are starting ........finish Elanor body kit on 06 mustang ........There's more but I don't want to think right now :rolleyes:

OL40SVX 11-23-2006 09:18 PM

To sell a 38 Hustler. Anyone want one!!

BY U BOY 11-23-2006 09:29 PM

NEW DASH WITH GAUGES, THROTTLE, AND MAYBE TRIM TABS AND HIGH BACK SEATS. :rolleyes:

satisfied1 11-23-2006 09:40 PM

My 42 Fountain is getting a new paint job, fusion purple with metalic flake and pearl, pulling out old stereo have 5 new amps to install, 25 speakers, also jst bought new dash panel from Fred at Trick , all new moster livorsie gauges, powder coat all grab handles, bow rails, transom rail.
more

new flat screen tv, new updated rub rail, Revolution marine 5 person intercom set with throut mics, new fiber optic steering wheel if Fred at Trick will tell me what hub I need :p I know fred you are busy :eek:
new cup holders, and last but not least new livorsie trim and tab indicators.

I think this should be about the end of it. So if anyone is near Wisconsin I sure could use the help Thanks

US1 Fountain 11-23-2006 09:45 PM

New stereo and install A/C. No more lifting the Carry-On Hatch A/C on and off.

For a tid bit of info for you guys thinking about installing A/C.... West Marine has been having a clearance sale on all their Mermaid line of A/C units at rediculous low prices. $100's off the regular pricing. I saved approx $600 off thier reg price. That's almost 1/2 off.
I'm sharing this info with you guys now because myself and a couple buddies have already gotten ours, so we are good to go. :p Order thru your local store and have it shipped to them= no $50 shipping charge. Otherwise order online and ship to your home. PLUS, get another $20 min Rewards certificate from WM.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...allpartial/0/0

jeff32 11-23-2006 10:42 PM

wait till spring... I've worked enough on it this summer... 10 rides, took engines out 7 times. Now trannies and engines are new, tried them in november, so.... maybe my F 35-7 project when I feel like it!

Racine 11-24-2006 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by JGMACHINE
Hi Guys - new here. I got a 31 foot 1991 IMP that I have had 2 years. I ripped all the interior out and having it all redone.

I was quoted $1600 for everything. That seems like a steal.... I do have a question if you can help. I have 2 drop out bolsters that have shocks on the bottom of the seats. I need to replace them, but I can not find them anywhere. The "shocks" have a cord that runs up the seat to a button to release the valve in the shock. Any thoughts????

Thanks...

I can get the shocks shipped directly to you. Contact me thru
www.Boatclinic.net
Don

Panther 11-24-2006 08:56 AM

NOTHING FINALLY!! :evilb:

BUT, I do have the whole winter to think about it.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hunster 11-24-2006 11:19 AM

I'm cool too. One season with the engines still in the boat over the winter. I guess I'll have to help Sak get all the rest of his electronics working in his boat.

Spine Tingler 11-24-2006 12:58 PM

That's quite a shocker! :rolleyes:

GATORONE 11-24-2006 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Superman
That's quite a shocker! :rolleyes:

I can't row my vee fast enough to keep up with all the new E-DOCK hardware. :drink:

Strip Poker 388 11-24-2006 01:12 PM

Trying to get my new B Max drives :(

hunster 11-24-2006 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Trying to get my new B Max drives :(

Still?

littledcsrodshop 11-24-2006 01:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Bought this 28 Saber ( formerly known as No Excuses. ) minus power & drives. I am putting a big power superchargerd single in it. I have just about everything but a drive assy. & steering rams. I am really hoping to hit the water early next summer. However I really need a good drive assy. !!!

Strip Poker 388 11-24-2006 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by hunster
Still?

yes still .I was promised in Sept before I went into the Hospital.No show. Then I broke a vert shaft 4 weeks ago. and was promiosed the
new lowers this week.I even emailed him to see whats up no responce.So I am dead in the water

TeamSaris 11-24-2006 03:40 PM

Grinding out the hook on both boats.
AFRs
Cabin Interior Work
A Whipple (well at least I want one :D )

TeamSaris 11-24-2006 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Bought this 28 Saber ( formerly known as No Excuses. ) minus power & drives. I am putting a big power superchargerd single in it. I have just about everything but a drive assy. & steering rams. I am really hoping to hit the water early next summer. However I really need a good drive assy. !!!

Where are you? We are a Konrad delaer and build Hi-performnace engines if you are interested.

jhiguy377 11-24-2006 03:43 PM

redo cockpit, sun lounge, some wiring

JCPERF 11-24-2006 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop

I have a nice 900HP for that boat.And the engine is yellow and black too :cool:

JCPERF 11-24-2006 05:11 PM

I can't row my vee fast enough to keep up with all the new E-DOCK hardware. :drink:

:evilb: :evilb:

ACTIVESHACK 11-24-2006 07:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Heres mine :D