Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where is the Cigarette KILO Boat Now ??? >

Where is the Cigarette KILO Boat Now ???

Notices

Where is the Cigarette KILO Boat Now ???

Old 12-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Default Re: Where is the Cigarette KILO Boat Now ???

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
The point I was trying to make was if you chnage the original hull design to a padded bottom , what is it? That would be like me saying my 28 would be the fastest 28 in the country if I added a pad to it.
If I read your post right, you're saying that if Cig changed the bottom it wouldn't be a "cig" per say. I think that's why they didn't do it. But on the other hand, messing with the bottom of boats is part of the game.

The boat that Fountain uses for the records ("the cat killer" ) is a modified bottom hull. It isn't a boat you can walk into a Fountain dealer and buy.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm confused... WHERE IS THE CIG KILO BOAT NOW, AGAIN???
Old 12-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Downtown42,
Of Course it is all in good fun and I love the back and forth ripping on all sides. Lord knows the Apache guys always chime in....actually Panther, I am in the same boat as you (not technically ) in wanting to know where the kilo boat is and there have been other threads that I stopped following because of these off topic rants. We all know Fountain holds the v-bottom record, Yeah for Fountain. That has nothing to do with the Kilo Cigarette, nothing to do with their build quality, and at this point not much to do with Reggie himself.

It is all done in fun and everyone here respects each other because we are out there doing it and it really doesn't matter what you run......as long as you run!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Skater should go for the record
Old 12-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
If you came over and helped me change the angle of my trim tab mounts is the boat now a "Greg and some Jackazz" special.....?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Skater should go for the record
Yes they should! Competition is great and all of us here on OSO benefit from it no matter what brand of boat.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Where is the Cigarette KILO Boat Now ???

I don't think there's anything wrong with Cig outsourcing the design & construction of thier race boat to Skater. If the Skater/Cig V did in fact beat the current Fountain record... oh wait a minute, they didn't so who cares what might have been. Failure to break the kilo record is unfortunate, but also part of the game.

In my limited boating experience, a padded v-hull is faster than a true v (given the same engine hp) and has slightly harder landings upon re-entry.

Following are pics of my 21' RedLine padded bottom. Runs a respectable 67 mph on GPS w/stock 200hp Yamaha OB (no jackplate or setback).

Dan
Attached Thumbnails Where is the Cigarette KILO Boat Now ???-dscn5363.jpg   Where is the Cigarette KILO Boat Now ???-dscn5364.jpg   Where is the Cigarette KILO Boat Now ???-dscn0154.jpg  

Old 12-04-2006, 03:58 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vtec
A Velocity with steps is called a "Fountain"

now that right there is funny...

and accurate.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

What I find funny is you all feel that it is perfectly alright for Cigarette to outsource Skater to build there race boats but when Fountain had Skater build a couple back in the late 1990's there have been a ton of post's on here basically claiming, flaming and slaming Fountain can't build boats, that is wrong having Skater build a boat and blah blah blah....
Old 12-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
What I find funny is you all feel that it is perfectly alright for Cigarette to outsource Skater to build there race boats but when Fountain had Skater build a couple back in the late 1990's there have been a ton of post's on here basically claiming, flaming and slaming Fountain can't build boats, that is wrong having Skater build a boat and blah blah blah....

Mike, the same people are on here bashing Cig for doing it.....

Quick Reply: Where is the Cigarette KILO Boat Now ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.