Notices

Loto snow damage.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Loto snow damage.

What's keeping them down? The floats should have popped it back up as soon as enough of the weight had melted. Doesn't aapear that the frame work is crumpled on these last pics, just sunk.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do people in general leave their boats on the slips year round or take them out for the winter?
Awful damage......
Old 12-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
the moorings were denied their insurance claim because their insurance co. warned and told them last year to reinforce their standards, cross bracing and to steepen their roof pitches or they will not be covered, wonder how many claims will be denied for whatever reasons.
wow

on the local news tonight they qouted Port Arrowhead saying they estimated 4 million in damage. that must be just for the docks.....

Old 12-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Registered

Here is a link to photos including aerials that were sent to me:
http://dealerimpact.com/ozarks/

Credit should be given to Brian Cox for putting this together.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
the moorings were denied their insurance claim because their insurance co. warned and told them last year to reinforce their standards, cross bracing and to steepen their roof pitches or they will not be covered, wonder how many claims will be denied for whatever reasons.
Many insurance companies don't include ice and snow on the standard dock policy. Kind of like sewer backup or earthquake coverage on a homeowners. You have to buy the snow and ice as a separate coverage, and it allows decisions like you cited, the insurance company can decide to deny that coverage if they feel you need your structure to be more stout to handle ice and snow, yet still cover you for other perils.

I wonder how many condos, marinas and personal docks do not have their policies endorsed with the extra coverage.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Registered

Most boats including mine usually sit on the lift in the water all year. The lake rarely freezes and if it does it is only for a few days and ice is way to thin to walk on. My dock did not get damaged but so many did. It is going to take years to recover from all the damage and get the docks taken out and replaced.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Somebody get that sweet ride out of Dock #5 in those aerials.....
Old 12-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Registered

We started getting calls to go ck on boats days ago we put the work boat in the water today. As some of the docks have started to come back up and the ones the dock went under some were ok the ones where the roof came broken arches windshields ect. I think Glencove at the 1MM is ok went around to glencove at the 21 it is pretty much intact. I look at a lot of the pictures of docks that went down or the roof caved in and think boy we service a boat in that dock.I work at Bergers if you want us to ck on your boat give us a call it will get pretty busy quick. Good luck to everyone with a boat down here!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Registered

Shane,
I went by your home today and from what I could see from the road your dock looked fine--wasn't sure if it was the right house or not so I didn't walk down to the dock. Did you buy your home from the Zummallen's ? If so I know the house and will walk down to your dock tomorrow--pretty sure it is OK though cause I was down by Randy Kent's island the other day looking back with binoculars and saw your dock and looked fine from there.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Registered

I just don't get this whole problem. This isn't some 3rd world country or something (well....it is LOTO). Are there no building codes in LOTO? I'm shocked that this just seems "normal" to happen if it snows too much. I don't think ANY of this should happen! IT IS A DEFECT SOMEWHERE!

Quick Reply: Loto snow damage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.