Notices

Loto snow damage.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Loto snow damage.

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
reed and kramer went to the same comedy school..its the monkeys fault
Careful... I'll have Rev. Al Sharpton and Rev. Jesse ( I like 'Ho-s ) Jackson upon your a$$... They will need you to contribute to their Rainbow Coalition....
Old 12-06-2006, 06:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you knew the contractor base and worker mentality you would know how slow things get done at loto, you would understand 3-5 years. It's a joke to get stuff done.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
If you knew the contractor base and worker mentality you would know how slow things get done at loto, you would understand 3-5 years. It's a joke to get stuff done.
Very True. I still can't figure out why more motivated contractors have not came in and cleaned house. There is money to be made down there. I've been waiting almost a year to get my deck redone.....

CTA
Old 12-06-2006, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Frequency
Around here we used to call these freak snowstorms "WINTER TIME." In the 70's you expected several storms like this every year. When this storm went through, the weathermen all said they had not seen this kind of snowfall since 1979. I think people have forgotten what midwest snow storms used to be like.
I grew up just South of Peoria (Mason City) and I remember climbing onto the roof of my parent's ranch house by simply walking up a snow drift back in the late 70's! Winters certainly have changed here in the Midwest over the last 20 years.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 12-06-2006 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Downtown42
VonBongo, you don't live there anymore by Millers? Where are you at now?

Millers seemed to have a well built dock system.
No, I'm a dumbass and sold the house and bought a condo. Can't wait to be back in a house there.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow. we never get to see snow in texas.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:36 PM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Some weight numbers to think about. Some have said there was 6" of snow on top of 3" of ice on the roof. Assuming ice weighs about the same as water and 6" of snow is about 1/2" of water there would be a total of 3-1/2" of water on the roof. That equates to 18.2 lbs per sq ft.

Some indicated a slip at Arrowhead was 18' x 50' that works out to 16,380 lbs (8 tons) for one slip area. Multiple that by the number of slips and the load on the roof gets way out of hand. Say they had 50 slips that size that would be 400 tons!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I grew up just South of Peoria (Mason City) and I remember climbing onto the roof of my parent's ranch house by simply walking up a snow drift back in the late 70's! Winters certainly have changed here in the Midwest over the last 20 years.
I GREW UP(SOMEWHAT) ABOUT 25 MIN FROM YOU KNOT4ME AND THAT IS NO BS ABOUT THE WEATHER IN THE PAST. I REMEMBER SCHOOL BEING CLOSED WITH ROADS AROUND OUR LAKE CLOSED WITH DRIFTS OVER THE HOODS OF OUR VEHICLES FOR DAYS AND DAYS. HAVE NOT SEEN THAT FOR A LONG TIME. IT WAS 6 OR 7 YEARS AGO HERE IN CHICAGO WHEN WE GOT 18 INCHES OF SNOW AND WE THOUGHT IT WAS THE END OF THE WORLD. WE ARE HEADING TO THE U.P. OF MICHIGAN NEXT WEEK IN SEARCH OF SNOW AND IT IS NOTHING TO WAKE UP TO 12-18 INCHES OF SNOW ON SUPERIOR JUST OVERNIGHT. I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE SNOWMOBILES DOWN TO LOTO. HOPE THE AREA CAN PIECE BACK TOGETHER, IT WILL TAKE A WHILE BECAUSE MY EXPERIENCE WITH WORKERS AT LOTO IS THAT THEY ARE ALWAYS GETTIN READY TO GIT READY TO GIT READY TO THINK ABOUT GITTIN READY TO DO SOME WORK. I HAD A CONTRACTOR PAINTING AND TILING MY 850 SQ/FT CONDO FOR A MONTH TO SHOW UP AND FIND HIS CLOTHES IN MY DRESSER DRAWERS LIVING THERE. NO BS, AND HE NEVER DID COME BACK TO FINISH AFTER THE LAST PHONE CALL. TOO BAD, THERE IS A LOT OF GOOD MONEY TO BE MADE THERE FOR A HARDWORKING CONTRACTOR/BUSINESS.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

www.tradeonlytoday.com The Tracker/Tahoe boat plant in Miami,OK was destroyed by the storm.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not. Best pics yet.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dhagely/...gesDocksDamage

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...20Storm%202006

Quick Reply: Loto snow damage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.