Like Tree0Likes

#6 Drives

Old 12-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2016 50' Skater Catamaran , 2003 41' Apache Cat, 2003 36' Cigarette Gladiator
Default Re: #6 Drives

this thread has helped the people of OSO. I have recieved several calls and emails from people that have broke drives that they did not know who too call to fix and several people that have the old style skegs and want them turned into swept back skegs.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Registered

My Boats: Nada at the present time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1
I have been following OSO for a few months now from the wonderful country of Afghanistan. (no, I am not here by choice) I don't own a boat, don't even really know how to drive one, but the sport of racing interest me. So I am not a professional of water sports by any means, but I enjoy racing in general. Anyway, it sure sounds like a whole lot of whinning going on. You all are passing judgement on one individual and you are only hearing one side of the story. I have PVT's in my Platoon that don't whine half as much as all of you are and they are working 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year making sh!t for money. Oh by the way, they get rocketed, mortared, IED and small arms fire from some rag head f%$k every other day. The original question that started this thread... 'where can I get weld on skegs for #6 drives?' anyone remember that... sounds like you took a question that was asked 4 months ago and four people replied to it. Then you turn around and used it to bash someone your pissed at. If the man owes you the money, I am sure you will get it. But don't act like a Godd&%m five year old and play the 'he said she said game'. It is between you and the individual you did the work for. Not you, him and the rest of OSO. You even stated that he said if you could, sell them. So quit [email protected] whinning and go ahead and sell them and get you money that way. The damn thread was starting by someone looking for skegs. Back in Aug... that was when the original question was asked. It is now December. Nice, real nice.

I know, who is this prick who doesn't know crap about boats, doesn't own one and couldn't affort to buy an empty, used fiberglass hull...

Sarge

I think the date you are looking at is when Mungle joined OSO....looks like he asked the question on Monday.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2016 50' Skater Catamaran , 2003 41' Apache Cat, 2003 36' Cigarette Gladiator

Quote:
The original question that started this thread... 'where can I get weld on skegs for #6 drives?' anyone remember that... sounds like you took a question that was asked 4 months ago and four people replied to it. Then you turn around and used it to bash someone your pissed at. If the man owes you the money, I am sure you will get it.

Sarge
the first post on here was asking where I can get the weld on skegs for a #6, within 24 hours of posting I had answered him on where he can get them and of a set that is used that he could probably get cheeper then welding new ones on.

this thread took a turn for the worse, Sorry about that. and If I had wanted to bash someone I was pissed at I would have started my own thread about them six months ago when they had not paid.

and this question was just posted a few days ago
Old 12-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
I have been following OSO for a few months now from the wonderful country of Afghanistan. (no, I am not here by choice) I don't own a boat, don't even really know how to drive one, but the sport of racing interest me.

I know, who is this prick who doesn't know crap about boats, doesn't own one and couldn't affort to buy an empty, used fiberglass hull...

Sarge
I followed this forum for over a year before my first post, and if you go back and read all my first years worth of posts, the only thing I posted were answers to questions people on here were asking, and the only time I would put an answer on here was when I knew exactly what they were asking and If I knew 100% that I was going to give them correct information. I have been on here for several years and never bashed someone on here till a month or so ago when I finally got screwed by enough people to do something about it.

why dont you quit looking at OSO, and finish that war over there so we can get Cheeper fuel for our boats.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Registered

"Cheeper fuel".... cheep cheep.... ... oh.... you mean Cheaper fuel......... hahahahahaha.... Spelling police at your service......
Old 12-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1999 Mystic 32 cat

Sarge1, nice first post!!! Thank you for doing what you do, trying to make this world safer for all of us, as far as the first post goes, that was bu!!sh!t.
If you have been paying any attention to OSO you know what kind of person BYC is, but there comes a time when being nice, and waiting for your money doesn't cut it.
So in short if it bothers you so much, all the whining, complaining, and the he said, she said, go find another boating website that suits you own personal tastes! As for me this place is home, thanks OSO.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just got off the phone with the guy who owns the #6 lowers, he says he wants $4,000 for the lowers and that he will split it with me so he would get $2000 and I would get $2000. anyone want to buy them
Old 12-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Quote:
I have been following OSO for a few months now from the wonderful country of Afghanistan. (no, I am not here by choice) I don't own a boat, don't even really know how to drive one, but the sport of racing interest me. So I am not a professional of water sports by any means, but I enjoy racing in general. Anyway, it sure sounds like a whole lot of whinning going on. You all are passing judgement on one individual and you are only hearing one side of the story. I have PVT's in my Platoon that don't whine half as much as all of you are and they are working 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year making sh!t for money. Oh by the way, they get rocketed, mortared, IED and small arms fire from some rag head f%$k every other day. The original question that started this thread... 'where can I get weld on skegs for #6 drives?' anyone remember that... sounds like you took a question that was asked 4 months ago and four people replied to it. Then you turn around and used it to bash someone your pissed at. If the man owes you the money, I am sure you will get it. But don't act like a Godd&%m five year old and play the 'he said she said game'. It is between you and the individual you did the work for. Not you, him and the rest of OSO. You even stated that he said if you could, sell them. So quit [email protected] whinning and go ahead and sell them and get you money that way. The damn thread was starting by someone looking for skegs. Back in Aug... that was when the original question was asked. It is now December. Nice, real nice.

Sarge
Sargent Slaughter?

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 08-29-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
I just got off the phone with the guy who owns the #6 lowers, he says he wants $4,000 for the lowers and that he will split it with me so he would get $2000 and I would get $2000. anyone want to buy them
F him Tyson, he owes you 3500, if he sells them for 4 k he should pay you every red cent. you did the work in the alloted time and went above and beyond, why let him profit??? let the rest of know who this "racer" pos is... go get the drives then and you sell them for 3500, piss on him let him take the loss
Old 12-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1993 Cigarette Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
F him Tyson, he owes you 3500, if he sells them for 4 k he should pay you every red cent. you did the work in the alloted time and went above and beyond, why let him profit??? let the rest of know who this "racer" pos is... go get the drives then and you sell them for 3500, piss on him let him take the loss

Ya' took the words right out of my mouth. FCUK HIM!