Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
SystemView-Race Edition. Anyone have one on here? >

SystemView-Race Edition. Anyone have one on here?

Notices

SystemView-Race Edition. Anyone have one on here?

Old 12-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SystemView-Race Edition. Anyone have one on here?

http://www.mercuryracing.com/product...systemview.php

Looks pretty cool. This has got to be the coolest part of the display. This info is from the website.

Unique to SystemView-Race Edition is the patent-pending inches-per-revolution measurement. This information can be used to enable the boater to trim outboards/drives and trim tabs to a point in which maximum propeller/hull efficiency is achieved. It also allows for a direct comparison of different drive and propeller combinations that does not rely on the often hard-to-determine pitch of the propeller, and eliminates having to update the display every time a propeller or gear ratio is changed. From this data, the operator can easily calculate propeller slip as well as find out other propeller attributes that can quickly be used to determine what propeller is really needed for a particular race-day, or everyday, by helping to get the best "all-around" setup.

I am assuming that on a twin 300 XS outboard boat I could use this on the dash and have no other gauges. Was thinking about this display and one big GPS screen and nothing else.
Anyone have any real experiances with it? Thanks Mike
Old 12-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: SystemView-Race Edition. Anyone have one on here?

Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SystemView-Race Edition. Anyone have one on here?

Originally Posted by marylandmark
I just ordered a 32 Concept w/ twin 300XS with this- (think it is this- have system view but not sure if race edition or not)

"system" on individual gauges means they can all be linked and the gauge and a LCD screen on the gauge.

I went with:

1 system speedo w/GPS- show MPH on gauge and fuel level in LCD
2 system RPM- show RPM on gauge and water pressure or temp for each motor in LCD
1 system view- show whatever else I want to see
trim tab gauge
depth gauge- channel really shallow where my lift is and also to keep dash symmetrical

I was going to go just with this system view but thought the dash looked too plain and wanted to glance for info, not scroll between screens. I think you can make it so you get a few different readings in different areas of the screen.
Sounds like a good idea. When are you going to get the new boat? It sounds like it will be a nice package.