Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Way To Go LS, Jr. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147242-way-go-ls-jr.html)

lucky strike 12-15-2006 09:36 PM

Way To Go LS, Jr.

As an extremely proud mother, I can't help but tell the entire OSO world, that in spite of Bobby's obsession with OSO, inspite of him reading every new daily post instead of his books, inspite of him dreaming of every Poker Run instead of his classes, inspite of him learining every boat, engine, owner and price paid instead of studying for exams...he got accepted Early Decision to his first choice college, FlaglerCollege in St. Augustine, Florida. Close enough to attend JAX, Daytona and Sarasota Poker Runs.....
I am so proud of him. Congratulations Bobby.
Mom

OL40SVX 12-15-2006 09:39 PM

Re: Way To Go LS, Jr.

Congrats Bobby!!!!

Too Old 12-15-2006 09:43 PM

Never a question in my mind. He's a great kid.

Congratulations.

Shane 12-15-2006 09:48 PM

Way to go LS Jr.! :cool:

Jupiter Sunsation 12-15-2006 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by lucky strike
As an extremely proud mother, I can't help but tell the entire OSO world, that in spite of Bobby's obsession with OSO, inspite of him reading every new daily post instead of his books, inspite of him dreaming of every Poker Run instead of his classes, inspite of him learining every boat, engine, owner and price paid instead of studying for exams...he got accepted Early Decision to his first choice college, FlaglerCollege in St. Augustine, Florida. Close enough to attend JAX, Daytona and Sarasota Poker Runs.....
I am so proud of him. Congratulations Bobby.
Mom

No wild coincidence that this school is 200 yards from the ICW and about 1/4 mile from the Inlet. Good job, we will need LS3 to keep the Floating Reporter afloat while you are gone. :drink:

tommymonza 12-15-2006 09:51 PM

Way to go Bobby. Cool school with a lot of neat history and a great little town. Congratulations. Will he be in charge of the college bikini contest up there? :D

bcschoe 12-15-2006 10:00 PM

Great job Jr. Congratulations....

Roger 1 12-15-2006 10:44 PM

CONGRATULATIONS BOBBY! :evilb:

cuda 12-15-2006 10:52 PM

Very cool school, Debbie and I were talking about it the last time we drove through SA.

Congrats!

FeverMike 12-15-2006 11:06 PM

Congrats! I could tell the minute I met him at the OPBA St.Pete/Sarasota Poker Run that he will go far.

99fever27 12-15-2006 11:30 PM

Congrats!!! Be very proud, and dont get all caught up in all that learning stuff... :evilb:

BobbyB 12-15-2006 11:57 PM

Congrats Bobby.

bgchuby01 12-15-2006 11:59 PM

Bobby, My whole family, Kellie, Jacob, and Michael wish you the best in your years to come. If you go to that school make sure that dad gives you the suphen to take with you. We will have to ask Steve to make it so that you can only log onto OSO on the weekends so that your school work comes first. Congrats again, the Murray family :evilb:

gusman 12-16-2006 02:15 AM

Congrats Punk :eek: :drink:

cig1988 12-16-2006 04:11 AM

Congrats JR. Was glad to meet you & dad @ KW.

GLH 12-16-2006 05:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
He learns well :D:D:D

Congrats.

tanner 12-16-2006 06:17 AM

Dont worry MOM, after a few weks in college he will start to buckle down and stop thinking about Top Guns, Tigers, 525's, Poker Runs, Supthens, and will start paying attention to what is happening at college..... Sara, Michelle, Jennifer, Laura, Sue, Kelly, Julie, Debbie, Cindy, :evilb:

Congrats Bobby !!!!!!

Top Banana 12-16-2006 06:22 AM

Well done Bobby......I look forward to seeing you at many of the poker runs that your Mom described...and also hope that you will spend a little time on campus.

Steve and Meta....that's one down....now get working on LS3

Congratulations to all!!!!

TeamTaboo 12-16-2006 07:46 AM

Way to go Bobby

dhlaw 12-16-2006 07:47 AM

Fortunately, we have been able to line up employment at Lolliopops for him on the weekends and during break. He will be the new liason to the under 21 dancers, bar back and rash diagnoser. I might also let him intern at my office, but only after getting good reviews from the the management at Pops.......

Macklin 12-16-2006 08:14 AM

Congrats Bobby. Don't know if you remember, but I met you at the Clevelander when you were greeting arrivals to the OSO party, Miami Boat Show 2004. I was with the HRPA group of degenerates. :drink:

Enjoy your college days. They are the best!!

OSO 12-16-2006 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by dhlaw
Fortunately, we have been able to line up employment at Lolliopops for him on the weekends and during break. He will be the new liason to the under 21 dancers, bar back and rash diagnoser. I might also let him intern at my office, but only after getting good reviews from the the management at Pops.......

lol, and I bet he is not kidding either.

Congrats Bobby. Cant wait until the first weekend when he tells his friends that some friends from home are coming up to visit and we roll in.

docmanrich37 12-16-2006 08:37 AM

Congrats Bobby.I think they should give you a special pass to attend the party at the Clevlander for later than 10:00 pm That way you can help OLD SCHOOL to he's room. :evilb:

klaw 12-16-2006 09:36 AM

cogratulation
what will his major be?
nice tio see a younger member on the board move in a positive direction in life
you guys have done a great job in raising him

el indio 12-16-2006 09:36 AM

go bobby........there is nothing more valueable then a good education. my years of studying at Whats a Matta U have come in real handy......m.m.....

Lucky Strike Jr 12-16-2006 10:01 AM

Thanks everyone, appreciate the kind words! Flagler is very close to the city docks where we go for the Daytona Poker Run so anyone that does the run can check it out. I'm very excited and the pressure is off now that I know where I'm going. Plus, they don't have a summer session so I can hit all the poker runs before college :D

Steve-Roll up in the 650 ...they're here :drink:

crb76 12-16-2006 10:11 AM

Way to go Bobby! Don't do anything I wouldn't do, and if you do, please don't name it after me! :cool:

Roger 1 12-16-2006 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin

Congrats Bobby. Cant wait until the first weekend when he tells his friends that some friends from home are coming up to visit and we roll in.

I can see it now... The first official OSO....ROAD TRIP!!!! :evilb: :evilb:

ktron 12-16-2006 11:12 AM

Congratulations Bobby!

masher44 12-16-2006 11:22 AM

:cool:

berns29scarab 12-16-2006 11:23 AM

congrats Jr...keep it up dude !

sellsman11 12-16-2006 11:53 AM

Nice job Bobby!!

Frankie

HUSTLEthis 12-16-2006 12:25 PM

Congrats Bobby.... :drink:

Tom & Shannon

Zudnic 12-16-2006 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin

The first thing that popped in my head was the scene in Goodfella's when young Henry is coming out after his first court appearance. :D

Cash Bar 12-16-2006 01:20 PM

Good job, D-hlaw....... :eek: :evilb:

Gotta give a kid a job to keep 'em on the right path these days..... :drink:

Seriously, good job LS,jr. I still think you should have gone to Miami, but at least you stayed in the state.

I also told you dad to let you go to MMI, at least he would have gotten a mechanic out of it and you could learn the one thing you still don't know everything about on boats... :D

J-Bonz 12-16-2006 01:26 PM

Congrats Ls, jr......................... Have you picked out a major?

Cash Bar 12-16-2006 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by J-Bonz

He will be teaching Cigarette History 101..... :rolleyes:

Lucky Strike Jr 12-16-2006 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by J-Bonz

I'm going to follow in the foosteps of liar d-hlaw...ooops I mean lawyer :D

BRD 12-16-2006 03:09 PM

Congrats Bobby .... ya know ... I never finished college ... maybe now would be a good time to go back and get that degree !?!?!?! :drink:

How many co-eds ya' think will fit on a 41 Saber ??? :cool:

BY U BOY 12-16-2006 05:11 PM

Good Job Jr. Study Hard And Make Your Pops Jealous When You Buy Your First Boat :d