Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ilmor vids or pics out there?? >

Ilmor vids or pics out there??

Notices

Ilmor vids or pics out there??

Old 12-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Ilmor vids or pics out there??

I will!!!
Old 12-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone found or have the video of our "Viper Powered" Eliminator turning into a submarine at Smoke on the Water??? Ive heard its on here but cant find it....
Old 12-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really don't know alot about Ilmor marine engines but I have heard a TON of great things. I had a friend of mine telling me that they get really good fuel economy. Is this true? And if so do they get better G.P.H. than the Merc motors with the same H.P. there was a yellow Fountain they were putting Ilmors in a few months ago. Does anybody know what speeds or any specs on that boat?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainracing42
I really don't know alot about Ilmor marine engines but I have heard a TON of great things. I had a friend of mine telling me that they get really good fuel economy. Is this true? And if so do they get better G.P.H. than the Merc motors with the same H.P. there was a yellow Fountain they were putting Ilmors in a few months ago. Does anybody know what speeds or any specs on that boat?
http://www.powerboatsnw.com/fountain.html

The last I heard was that it ran 95 with a set of 5 blade mercs.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:18 AM
Registered

The Ilmor engines are great. They will provide very good fuel economy even in a large boat. I have compared mine to several other boats in my size and it is just amazing at the efficiency. I can cruise at 3500 rpm and get a total of 1.44mpg in a 41' with twin 625's and full of fuel and 4 adults and 2 kids. This was based on mostly cruise and a little on the wood over a 360 mile trip
Old 12-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Registered

Thats awsome. I love merc but I am happy to see the competition!!! The Ilmors look great and I am happy to hear all the possitive feedback from people on there dependability. I am a Fountain guy and its real cool to see those Ilmors in that 42'. Is the secret to there efficency the tourque? Are they different to prop?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ILMORdude
Has anyone found or have the video of our "Viper Powered" Eliminator turning into a submarine at Smoke on the Water??? Ive heard its on here but cant find it....

The only two people that have that video that i am aware of is myself and one other person that i sent it to at Ilmore

I will post it after we send out the DVD for this past year

If it is posted somewhere than it had to be posted by the guy at Ilmore i sent it to a while back

It is a million dollar shot caught by our camera guy

Marc
Old 12-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The boat is new and I have not sorted out the prop selection or the exact drive height yet. 117 so far. I had a few issues when I first got the boat & contacted Ilmor. They took care of it instantly. So far, I am very with my Ilmors.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Registered

HOLY CRAP!!! I have been doing alot of looking at Ilmors after his thread. Are they really that light?!! WOW. I would like to hear from anybody who has them in a Fountain. How are they to rig? size, fit..ect?
Old 12-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Registered

Thats awsome. I love merc but I am happy to see the competition!!! The Ilmors look great and I am happy to hear all the possitive feedback from people on there dependability. I am a Fountain guy and its real cool to see those Ilmors in that 42'. Is the secret to there efficency the tourque? Are they different to prop?
I believe the torque curve has a lot to do with the efficiency of the motors. I was very surprized when I first run the 550's and then switched to the 625's. I understand from Ilmor, that during the testing of the new 710's vs. the merc 700's that the Ilmors were approximately 40% + more fuel efficient than the mercs. That is incredible. I believe the test results are to soon be out in one of the HP magazines.

Quick Reply: Ilmor vids or pics out there??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.