Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poll: What Is Your Boat Worth ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147426-poll-what-your-boat-worth.html)

NASCAT 12-19-2006 10:02 AM

Re: Poll: What Is Your Boat Worth ?

The way I see it everyones boat is only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay for it regardless of the asking price!

el indio 12-19-2006 10:48 AM

what is my boat worth? trick question!!!!!!!what is my boat worth to whom???????????????that is the real question................m.m......

Clay Washington 12-19-2006 11:25 AM

Mine is in the $50K - $100K range. It (like everything else I own) is ALWAYS for sale! :D

jeff32 12-19-2006 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by klaw
I was thinking about the other thread and was also wondering if the boat was paid for was it done with money borrowed against something else like a second mortgage
Boat is technically paid for but debt was taken on to pay for it.

then I would say a loan somewhere helped you have it.

jeff32 12-19-2006 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by NASCAT
The way I see it everyones boat is only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay for it regardless of the asking price!

Then, does it mean I could have your boat for, let's say... 50 K?

I know what you mean but I doubt it's worth 50K! We always have an idea on what could be a selling price for our boat, not the dream price we wish we had...

OldSchool 12-19-2006 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by klaw
I was thinking about the other thread and was also wondering if the boat was paid for was it done with money borrowed against something else like a second mortgage
Boat is technically paid for but debt was taken on to pay for it.

I learned a good lesson on the home equity line thing when I bought my TG. Wrote a check for the boat, the heloc rate was 3.25%....then it started going up what seemed to be .25% per month. When I paid it off, it was at 7.75%! :eek: :eek: What was a minimum payment of about $400 per month turned into over $850 per month! I don't miss that at all.

Chris Sunkin 12-19-2006 11:56 AM

Thanks for posting this- I needed a good cry.

How do you make a million dollars?

Easy-- buy a 2 million dollar boat and take it home.

BajaRunner 12-19-2006 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Thanks for posting this- I needed a good cry.

How do you make a million dollars?

Easy-- buy a 2 million dollar boat and take it home.

thats how do you lose a million
:D

Pantera1 12-19-2006 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
I learned a good lesson on the home equity line thing when I bought my TG. Wrote a check for the boat, the heloc rate was 3.25%....then it started going up what seemed to be .25% per month. When I paid it off, it was at 7.75%! :eek: :eek: What was a minimum payment of about $400 per month turned into over $850 per month! I don't miss that at all.

It may take a while but read the entire loan doc carefuly before you sign anything. There are many caveats that can bite one in the butt, that are not on the first page or two. Its amazing how bad a loan it is possible to get.. bankrupting many who just didnt know what they were in for. I think its got a little to do with the flat real estate market as of late. Lots of folks are upside down because they took an arm that has matured ..

yesrej 12-19-2006 06:44 PM

im in the 50 or less but im waiting for that rich moron to give me 100k for it.