Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Florida Powerboat Club Videos On Youtube (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147615-florida-powerboat-club-videos-youtube.html)

bcschoe 12-21-2006 04:31 PM

Florida Powerboat Club Videos On Youtube

Some great short FPC Pre-View videos on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rqhw...related&search=

rtaylor 12-21-2006 04:41 PM

Re: Florida Powerboat Club Videos On Youtube

Yikes. Good music too.

thespy 12-21-2006 04:54 PM

Cool...........

lucky strike 12-21-2006 05:28 PM

Thanks Brad.

Coleman 12-21-2006 05:45 PM

That is why we are here!! :cool: :drink:

customryder 12-21-2006 06:53 PM

nice thanks

mboger 12-21-2006 07:15 PM

nice video but where are all the life jackets

Back4More 12-21-2006 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by mboger

Exactly what I thought..... :(

Cash Bar 12-21-2006 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More
Exactly what I thought..... :(

I am guessing some of those were before we had the point driven home so vividly. There were lots of jackets on the KW run.......

Jupiter Sunsation 12-22-2006 07:41 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGk5H...elated&search=

This is the best of 2005 with a killer shot of the OSO Gladiator popping up in the inlet. Brad's red/white TG has a nice shot running as well.

Jassman 12-22-2006 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by mboger

They are optional, the way it should be. Just dont race and use common sense when other boaters are around you and you are all getting to the next card stop or destination. Have a great and safe holiday. Jeff

Strip Poker 388 12-22-2006 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman
They are optional, the way it should be. Just dont race and use common sense when other boaters are around you and you are all getting to the next card stop or destination. Have a great and safe holiday. Jeff

I second that Optional.cool vid :drink:

offshoredrillin 12-22-2006 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGk5H...elated&search=

This is the best of 2005 with a killer shot of the OSO Gladiator popping up in the inlet.

you can even hear packinass scream over the music...

Spicy 12-22-2006 08:53 AM

Very cool..... we made the footage just after the 4 minute mark.... Two Face 36 Nortech... great run and a great time... :D :D

PhantomChaos 12-22-2006 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Optional! Yes! Geeeez! That water was flatter than my pool, and they were going.....what.....50-60? :chick: :chick: :chick: :bunny: :bunny:

Jigsaw89 12-22-2006 09:05 AM

Great Vid and I support the PFD option!

Panther 12-22-2006 09:31 AM

Some of the best poker run footage I've seen to date. :drink:

Professional Quality! :cool:

As far a life jackets etc.. I personally know of some folks on here who banter on about life jackets but yet they jump on a 100 mph boat in a poker run without a jacket... Practice what you preach.

The only thing I found weird was some of the girls sitting on the sunpad while under way. Here in NJ it's illegal but I don't know what the laws are in Florida. If it's not law down there than forgive my observation.

I believe in the right to choose, unless it's mandated or I'm going to run with the big boys! :drink:

Lucky Strike Jr 12-22-2006 10:54 AM

A lot of people get out of their normal state of mind on a poker run and sometimes don't use common sense becuase they are caught up in the heat of the moment. Most people want to be first to the card stop. A lot of people race. I call BS if you tell me someone has pulled up next to you on a run and you didn't put the hammer down. Life jackets need to be mandatory while the boat is on plane. When your idling to a card stop without a doubt you should be able to take them off....I know I do.

My $.02

CigDaze 12-22-2006 11:16 AM

Awesome Videos. Thanks!!!! :cool:

Jassman 12-22-2006 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
A lot of people get out of their normal state of mind on a poker run and sometimes don't use common sense becuase they are caught up in the heat of the moment. Most people want to be first to the card stop. A lot of people race. I call BS if you tell me someone has pulled up next to you on a run and you didn't put the hammer down. Life jackets need to be mandatory while the boat is on plane. When your idling to a card stop without a doubt you should be able to take them off....I know I do.

My $.02

I disagree, completely. First of all where we boat are two different area's. It is your choice whether you want to, or mine whether I prefer NOT TO wear a jacket. It is no different than the different styles of boating we do are completely different. You have a set up made for poker runs, and Ive seen how you run with other boats in the pack. That's not my bag, mine wont touch 80 and we use it as a cruiser and do over night quite frequently. I'm there to have fun and will always know that 75% will always be faster, and half the time I don't even make all the card stops. Bottom line is I could care less who is faster, my point is we all have choices, and don't kid yourself, I saw what happened at the KW run, tell me how many jackets were HONESTLY on certain people's boats. Also tell me who was and wasn't drinking (even 1 beer)when they were expressly told not to until you get to your final destination. What about Sat. when everyone was at the island, no jackets and alot of drinking, as well as racing back. I'm not a hypocrite, but I will be one of the very few who wont be racing back especially if I had a beer, not worth it to me. Jeff

Panther 12-22-2006 12:05 PM

I call BS if you tell me someone has pulled up next to you on a run and you didn't put the hammer down.

For me this happens on rare occaisions. When I don't race the other guy it tends to piss them off..... ;) :drink:

I usually turn to who ever is sitting next to me, and yell... don't worry well pass them in a couple minutes when they blow a motor.... :eek:

only kiddin around... :D

Panther 12-22-2006 12:10 PM

I disagree, completely. First of all where we boat are two different area's. It is your choice whether you want to, or mine whether I prefer NOT TO wear a jacket. It is no different than the different styles of boating we do are completely different. You have a set up made for poker runs, and Ive seen how you run with other boats in the pack. That's not my bag, mine wont touch 80 and we use it as a cruiser and do over night quite frequently. I'm there to have fun and will always know that 75% will always be faster, and half the time I don't even make all the card stops. Bottom line is I could care less who is faster, my point is we all have choices, and don't kid yourself, I saw what happened at the KW run, tell me how many jackets were HONESTLY on certain people's boats. Also tell me who was and wasn't drinking (even 1 beer)when they were expressly told not to until you get to your final destination. What about Sat. when everyone was at the island, no jackets and alot of drinking, as well as racing back. I'm not a hypocrite, but I will be one of the very few who wont be racing back especially if I had a beer, not worth it to me. Jeff

Jeff, I'm with you in this one.... If I ever make it down to Fl. for one of the poker runs I'll run my boat with you since we have similiar boating preferences! ;)

Lucky Strike Jr 12-22-2006 12:39 PM

Jeff,

You will always have those who won't follow rules and although I think they shouldn't be allowed to be involved in the poker run that is Stu's decision. There were a lot more people on the Key West PR wearing life jackets than ever before. It's a step in the right direction. This thread is not about whose boat is faster or anything like that but it is about poker runs in South Florida, not MS. I'm just saying if your going to do a FPC event be smart and wear a jacket. 70mph is still fast and anyone can have their equipment break and have a bad accident.

Jupiter Sunsation 12-22-2006 01:38 PM

Life jackets are like seat belts and helmets, not necessarily cool but if you need them you will be happy you are wearing them!

I have done events with and without depending on water conditions. After this year's trajedies I think I will be wearing them more often, if not to save myself then atleast to make body recovery easier for the authorities. :rolleyes:

Jassman 12-22-2006 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
Jeff, I'm with you in this one.... If I ever make it down to Fl. for one of the poker runs I'll run my boat with you since we have similiar boating preferences! ;)

sounds great, we are both more pleasure boaters than poker runners. I'll be at the Miami run, in the far, far right, pass my slow azz up lane :drink:

Jassman 12-22-2006 03:45 PM

Jeff,

You will always have those who won't follow rules and although I think they shouldn't be allowed to be involved in the poker run that is Stu's decision. There were a lot more people on the Key West PR wearing life jackets than ever before. It's a step in the right direction. This thread is not about whose boat is faster or anything like that but it is about poker runs in South Florida, not MS. I'm just saying if your going to do a FPC event be smart and wear a jacket. 70mph is still fast and anyone can have their equipment break and have a bad accident.

It was stated at the drivers meeting, PFD's optional. Alcohol Prohibited. The majority started out with them on, but 75% had them off by Gilberts. Yes, drinking was better, meaning less of it. Bottom line I prefer not to wear one. If I ran my boat like you did, or like many on this board, (not that I have a problem with any of it, that's what the boats were purposely built for) yes I can see the need to wear a jacket. The difference is I don't, I'm alot more cautious than many when it comes to boating. I'm past that point, just my perogitive. I sold my fast boat (37 A.T.Radio Active..the beautiful lady in the thong on the sunpad in the first pic) I'm happy just to be on the water cruising along at 50-60mph relaxing, and enjoying the camaraderie with Friends. I do understand that some poker runs are mandatory and until such, those will be the one's that I wont be attending. We do keep them on the boat, and will obviously use them weather permitting. My point is I JUST WANT THE OPTION LEFT OPEN. Have a good holiday. Jeff

PhantomChaos 12-22-2006 05:11 PM

Jeff,

Make sure you have a helmet on when typing this stuff.........you don't want to fall off your soapbox and get a bump on your head!

You will most likely "put the hammer down" if someone pulls along side cuz you're.....19 years old? Try to be real world.....sometimes, the real world isn't always the safest thing!

Lucky Strike Jr 12-22-2006 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Make sure you have a helmet on when typing this stuff.........you don't want to fall off your soapbox and get a bump on your head!

You will most likely "put the hammer down" if someone pulls along side cuz you're.....19 years old? Try to be real world.....sometimes, the real world isn't always the safest thing!

Poker runs are the real world and people "put the hammer down" during them. Is it the safest thing? No, but it happens.

PhantomChaos 12-22-2006 05:44 PM

Poker runs are the real world and people "put the hammer down" during them. Is it the safest thing? No, but it happens.

Sure some people put the hammer down. You called "BS" and in doing so, you implied that no one could show restraint against that and therefore we all must be required to wear life-jackets at all times while on plane.

The real world has all kinds of unsafe things! You'll figure that out eventually......you can't live life in a bubble forever! :drink: :drink: :drink:

tomtbone1993 12-22-2006 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Sure some people put the hammer down. You called "BS" and in doing so, you implied that no one could show restraint against that and therefore we all must be required to wear life-jackets at all times while on plane.

The real world has all kinds of unsafe things! You'll figure that out eventually......you can't live life in a bubble forever! :drink: :drink: :drink:

thats the Christmas Spirt............ :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

TeamSaris 12-22-2006 05:50 PM

The girls on the engine hatch of the boats and even the swim platforms of the boats while underway are being stupid.

Jassman 12-22-2006 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
The girls on the engine hatch of the boats and even the swim platforms of the boats while underway are being stupid.

But it looked good, :D that bottom side is definatly a ten, with or without the flotation device :drink: Jeff

Back4More 12-23-2006 12:45 AM

I'm not for mandatory jackets but was surprised at the lack of their use...

TeamSaris 12-23-2006 09:04 AM

But it looked good, :D that bottom side is definatly a ten, with or without the flotation device :drink: Jeff

True :drink:

lucky strike 12-23-2006 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Life jackets are like seat belts and helmets, not necessarily cool but if you need them you will be happy you are wearing them!

You can lead the horse to water......but you can't make them drink

LS

PhantomChaos 12-23-2006 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by lucky strike
You can lead the horse to water......but you can't make them drink

LS

Yeah....but if the horse gets in the water at all to drink, make sure it has a life jacket on first. :drink: :drink: :drink:

PhantomChaos 12-23-2006 01:17 PM

http://static.offshoreonly.com/forum...rumHeader2.gif

Let me count the non-racing life jackets........um, ummmm.......never mind. :D

the duke 12-23-2006 02:48 PM

and when one of them slides off the platform unfortunatly she will never look good again. That was about the most stupid thing I've seen on a boat running on plane. Get in the boat or get the F out.

As far as vest, do as you like. Are you using your lanyards?, or are they not needed either?

Jassman 12-24-2006 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by the duke
and when one of them slides off the platform unfortunatly she will never look good again. That was about the most stupid thing I've seen on a boat running on plane. Get in the boat or get the F out.

As far as vest, do as you like. Are you using your lanyards?, or are they not needed either?

\n

Why don't you look at the video again, VERY CLOSELY, before you pre-judge. The boat is floating, (The heli is moving taking the shots) NO ONE IS DRIVING UNDER POWER, look at the driver, absolutely nothing wrong with her laying out and tanning her beautiful behind. That is their prerogative....Yes, I do agree under way everyone should be in the boat and not on the sunpad. As far as being the stupidest thing, Ive seen worse, even on this last KW run. As to your hypocritical comment on the lanyards, YES, I use them all the time, jackets only when I see fit. Jeff

Panther 12-24-2006 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando
4 second run 10 second pause over and over and over. :mad: :mad:

Your connection must be slow. No problems here. :p