Notices

Chicago Boat Show...

Old 01-24-2002, 02:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking forward to meeting everyone. We will be there Saturday so we will look for everyone. Hope to meet ya all!

Sherri and Kyle
Old 01-24-2002, 02:39 PM
Mrs.CNC

Mr.CNC and myself will be there tonight , Thurday, around 5:30.

Old 01-24-2002, 05:48 PM
voodoo

I'll be there when it opens on Sat. I'll have some boating customers with me. If there is a meeting place inside let me know when and where. These guys all boat at LOTO and like to party.

Old 01-24-2002, 06:14 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

I got up early on wed morning hopped in the car and made a road trip to Mccormick place
was wondering what all hte MN guys were saying that the chicago show is so great
well, I was somewhat disappointed
not as big as I thought it would be.
now don't get me wrong, there was alot more performance there then here in MN but I was not seeing Awesome, skater, AO, or even any Formula Fast techs.
Did like the cig with the twin Torque's.
was nice to meet Mark, Boatme.
Was nice to see Rich from Innovative marine again.
Talked Jeffs ear off from Hawkeye marine.
Found a new Idea to replace my current trim tab on my boat.
The best part ofthe trip was finding the booth for Custom embroidery (sp)
She will take ANY picture you have and sew it onto t-shirts, polo shirts and even enlarge it on the back of a jacket. I ordered a jacket with 2 tees and a Polo shirt. There went a couple hundred. But it is still cheaper then anyone around here.
All you guys n gals should stop and check it out.
I did NOT like the Velocity boats. Too boxy for me
The sunsation was ok
The Sonic had a kewl Color setup
Seen the best looking Baja ever. Awesome graphics.
Not an over all bad show. Guess once you do Miami, no one will ever be the same
Wish I could make it out to the LA show. I think that would be a great one
Old 01-24-2002, 06:43 PM
Registered

A buddy did a shirt for me just screen printing but put the manufacture on front boat name on back, then I had a picture of my boat put on the shirt(this only costs $20 at a local photo shop> )
Old 01-24-2002, 09:59 PM
voodoo

Back to the top! Where and When are we meeting on Sat?

Old 01-25-2002, 01:37 AM
Registered

MnFastBoat,
I missed you by a couple hours over at the 46' Black Thunder. Thanks Marc and John for letting me crawl around that beast. It's one BIG beautiful boat. If you need to make the wife happy with cabin space, that's the boat.

Some big names are not at this show. Formula only showed cruisers. Fountain has no boats at the show. The dealer is there and taking orders on 2002’s. I may be buying a new one, will know in a couple of days.
This is a dealer show, not a manufacturer show and that is why you don’t see everything here.

There are some Baja’s there including the 40' Outlaw with some nice graphics. Sonic has three boats there including a gorgeous 38'. The cabin is sweet but how do you sleep in the nose, very claustrophobic. Cig has a nice 38' with 575's and Merc ITS. Also they were showing a 46' with the Torque 1200's, Damn. The Jimmy Buffet 33' Scarab is there, sorry Dean.
Donzi had a nice showing of boats including a 38'. Powerquest has their new 30' limited edition boat with some nice graphics. Also they have a 38'. I see why you Powerquest guys like your boats so well. Nice boats at a decent price. Velocity has some smaller boats there but nothing real impressive. Got to see a couple nice Sunsations one with an open bow and cabin in the center layout. Not to mention those beautiful Manning trailers they were sitting on, right Marc.
My favorite boat there was a 30' Eliminator. Why can't the East Coast manufactures do that kind of stuff with their Gel coat? Check out what they did for a drive shower on that Eliminator. They used the drive pick-up for the drive shower. Very neat idea.

I spoke with Tony Esposito, from Mercury, who was on hand answering some of my ITS questions. As soon as I get some feed back on how the ITS performs on the Fountain I will give you a call. I guess Mercury is well aware of us here at OSO. Hopefully one day we can get these guys to become members.

That's about it for the high performance boats. The show is 95% smaller boats and cruisers. I still had a blast and hope to take my Wife back on Saturday to firm up a deal. Maybe I'll catch up with some of you.
Dan
Btw, anyone looking for a great deal on a 34’ Powerquest leftover ask for Tim or Keith at the show.
Old 01-25-2002, 05:15 AM
Registered

MN
to bad you were disapointed about the show, that is a hell of a road trip man. did you come back the same day? Its good that you got to talk to Jeff at hawkeye, he is a cool individual, I call him all the time about stupid **** mostly, and he is always willing to talk. I have about 3 more hrs and I need to be ready for the trip. Have fun at our boat show here in MN, and let us know what they had to offer this year.
Mark
Old 01-25-2002, 08:34 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone mentioned there is a beer garden near the Black Thunder booth (or is boatme serving them up?) . Why don't we shoot for around 2:30

guys going in the evening can setup another time.
Old 01-25-2002, 08:45 AM
Registered

payton
cant promise anything but we will see what we can do. I will be in an apba sweat shirt with some bald guys and some long haired hippies. I will be there with caincando and the thirsty turtle, we all like or maybe we all love Beer.

Quick Reply: Chicago Boat Show...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.