Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chicago Boat Show... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14829-chicago-boat-show.html)

G-Force 01-23-2002 01:54 PM

Chicago Boat Show...

It is this weekend, right? Although I will be unable to attend (surgery on Friday), I don't see any of you guys setting up a time/place to meet! How about it you guys...where and when? Consider this my public service announcement... ;)

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: G-Force ]

supercrash 01-23-2002 02:00 PM

I will be there Sat. morning..
G... I hope you didn't mean "puplic"
gross

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: supercrash ]

G-Force 01-23-2002 02:14 PM

Thanks bro...that could have been a major faux pas... :D ;)

Wally 01-23-2002 02:30 PM

I'll be there on Sat as well.....not sure what time though..maybe plan for that beer garden area outside the entrance around 2-2:30ish? Any thoughts?

hp500efi 01-23-2002 02:56 PM

I will be there as well, only on Friday. I take a day off work and the wife and I spend the day down there without the crowds. :D

I hate Chicago traffic enough during the day let alone a Saturday :yikes:

Caincando1 01-23-2002 03:59 PM

Did somebody say Party???? Myself and five of the best river drinkers the Mississippi has to offer will be there. A few of them are OSO members as well. We will be in town Friday night, attending the show on Saturday and heading home Sunday. Pick a time and place and I'm sure we wouldn't object to kicking back a few cold ones and talking smart.

Brian
AKA Chicagobound1

Wally 01-23-2002 04:25 PM

Hey guys, Just found out that Karl wants to go tomorrow for the show to beat the crowds as well! :D Who am i to argue with the boss! :D So we should be there around noonish as well! I will also be ther eon Sat to meet al the rest of the OSO bunch. Maybe snap a few photos of the cool boats as well! Anyone around tomorrow? I'll be wearing my Black/Yellow/Hotpink Skidoo Jacket.....

Frequency 01-23-2002 04:32 PM

Wife and I are going up Thursday afternoon, leaving Friday evening or Saturday morning. It's boat shopping time. I'll be easy to recognize, I'm the guy going "ooooooo...." :)

Waterfoul 01-23-2002 05:08 PM

I will be there on Sat. Usually get there about the time they open the doors. Whenever that is!!! LOL!!!

So, who's up for pizza and beer afterwards? Say 5 or 6 o clock??? Later than that???

Remember to say hi to Marc (Boatme) at the black thunder boat. He's the tall, skinny, dark haired guy. :)

hp500efi 01-23-2002 05:24 PM

Wally, are you and Karl talking about going on Thursday or Friday?.

I know you said Thurs, but thought maybe you meant Fri.

Jeff

Cord 01-23-2002 05:46 PM

We will be there Sat. Pizza and beer will be fine. 5 o'clock would be fine, but where should we meet?

jafo 01-23-2002 06:50 PM

We'll be there on Friday, probably about noon? Hope to run into some of you- maybe over at the Black Thunder area!

Waterfoul 01-23-2002 06:58 PM

Commanche36, you around Mike???? Didn't you mention something about your sister/daughter/some other woman working at one of the downtown pizza joints?

If it were my choice, I'd pick Uno's or Duo's. But that's just me. I'm sure there's other great places, but those are the two I usually go to simply because I can find them!!!!! Rambunctious and I are open to anything.

Downtown hooters anyone??? Probably be really crowded though.

Intolerant1 01-24-2002 12:17 AM

I will be there on Saturday. Not sure what time but would like to hook up and throw a few frosty mugs down. Hope to see some of you.

Chris

Boomer 880 01-24-2002 08:53 AM

I was at the show yesterday (Wednesday) and it is pretty good. However, there were a few MIAs... did not see Fountain, Awesome, Hustler, or any Formula Fast Techs.

What is there (go fasts) are:

Black Thunder
Sunsation
Baja
Powerquest
Eliminator
Cigarette
Donzi

Enjoy the show.

Payton 01-24-2002 08:54 AM

Linda and I will be ther SAturday afternoon. With another couple. We'll look for you guys around the beer garden at 2:30.

Mark

BOB ONEIL 01-24-2002 09:07 AM

We'll be there Saturday, It would be great to meet up with you guys and gals, even if it's at the beer booth near Black Thunder boats? I don't know if we are staying in town or some place close yet.
Bob

MrCIG 01-24-2002 09:17 AM

I'll be there with a group on Sat. don't know what time yet but will be arounf the Black thunder booth talking with John and Marc. I will have a black jacket on with my Cigarette on the back.
Mark

Wally 01-24-2002 09:27 AM

Originally posted by hp500efi:
<STRONG>Wally, are you and Karl talking about going on Thursday or Friday?.

I know you said Thurs, but thought maybe you meant Fri.

Jeff</STRONG>
Jeff, Karl wants to go today.. I think i may have to pass cause of a prototype im building right now that needs to get outs here by tomorrow. :( Oh well I guess i'll just see everyone on Sat :)

Caincando1 01-24-2002 01:08 PM

We'll be leaving bright and early in the A.M. tommarow. It would be great if something was set in stone today. I'll be checking back tonight to see if anything has been decided. If not hopefully we will run into some of you at the show.

Brian

Cat Girl 01-24-2002 02:34 PM

Looking forward to meeting everyone. We will be there Saturday so we will look for everyone. Hope to meet ya all!

Sherri and Kyle

Mrs.CNC 01-24-2002 02:39 PM

Mr.CNC and myself will be there tonight , Thurday, around 5:30.

voodoo 01-24-2002 05:48 PM

I'll be there when it opens on Sat. I'll have some boating customers with me. If there is a meeting place inside let me know when and where. These guys all boat at LOTO and like to party.

MnFastBoat 01-24-2002 06:14 PM

I got up early on wed morning hopped in the car and made a road trip to Mccormick place
was wondering what all hte MN guys were saying that the chicago show is so great
well, I was somewhat disappointed :(
not as big as I thought it would be.
now don't get me wrong, there was alot more performance there then here in MN but I was not seeing Awesome, skater, AO, or even any Formula Fast techs.
Did like the cig with the twin Torque's. :)
was nice to meet Mark, Boatme.
Was nice to see Rich from Innovative marine again.
Talked Jeffs ear off from Hawkeye marine.
Found a new Idea to replace my current trim tab on my boat. :)
The best part ofthe trip was finding the booth for Custom embroidery (sp)
She will take ANY picture you have and sew it onto t-shirts, polo shirts and even enlarge it on the back of a jacket. I ordered a jacket with 2 tees and a Polo shirt. There went a couple hundred. But it is still cheaper then anyone around here.
All you guys n gals should stop and check it out.
I did NOT like the Velocity boats. Too boxy for me :(
The sunsation was ok
The Sonic had a kewl Color setup
Seen the best looking Baja ever. Awesome graphics.
Not an over all bad show. Guess once you do Miami, no one will ever be the same :)
Wish I could make it out to the LA show. I think that would be a great one

velocity260 01-24-2002 06:43 PM

A buddy did a shirt for me just screen printing but put the manufacture on front boat name on back, then I had a picture of my boat put on the shirt(this only costs $20 at a local photo shop&gt; )

voodoo 01-24-2002 09:59 PM

Back to the top! Where and When are we meeting on Sat?

candyman35 01-25-2002 01:37 AM

MnFastBoat,
I missed you by a couple hours over at the 46' Black Thunder. Thanks Marc and John for letting me crawl around that beast. It's one BIG beautiful boat. If you need to make the wife happy with cabin space, that's the boat.

Some big names are not at this show. Formula only showed cruisers. Fountain has no boats at the show. :( The dealer is there and taking orders on 2002’s. I may be buying a new one, will know in a couple of days.
This is a dealer show, not a manufacturer show and that is why you don’t see everything here.

There are some Baja’s there including the 40' Outlaw with some nice graphics. Sonic has three boats there including a gorgeous 38'. The cabin is sweet but how do you sleep in the nose, very claustrophobic. Cig has a nice 38' with 575's and Merc ITS. Also they were showing a 46' with the Torque 1200's, Damn. :eek: The Jimmy Buffet 33' Scarab is there, sorry Dean.
Donzi had a nice showing of boats including a 38'. Powerquest has their new 30' limited edition boat with some nice graphics. Also they have a 38'. I see why you Powerquest guys like your boats so well. Nice boats at a decent price. Velocity has some smaller boats there but nothing real impressive. Got to see a couple nice Sunsations one with an open bow and cabin in the center layout. Not to mention those beautiful Manning trailers they were sitting on, right Marc.
My favorite boat there was a 30' Eliminator. Why can't the East Coast manufactures do that kind of stuff with their Gel coat? Check out what they did for a drive shower on that Eliminator. They used the drive pick-up for the drive shower. Very neat idea.

I spoke with Tony Esposito, from Mercury, who was on hand answering some of my ITS questions. As soon as I get some feed back on how the ITS performs on the Fountain I will give you a call. I guess Mercury is well aware of us here at OSO. Hopefully one day we can get these guys to become members.

That's about it for the high performance boats. The show is 95% smaller boats and cruisers. I still had a blast and hope to take my Wife back on Saturday to firm up a deal. Maybe I'll catch up with some of you.
Dan
Btw, anyone looking for a great deal on a 34’ Powerquest leftover ask for Tim or Keith at the show.

Wildchild212 01-25-2002 05:15 AM

MN
to bad you were disapointed about the show, that is a hell of a road trip man. did you come back the same day? Its good that you got to talk to Jeff at hawkeye, he is a cool individual, I call him all the time about stupid **** mostly, and he is always willing to talk. I have about 3 more hrs and I need to be ready for the trip. Have fun at our boat show here in MN, and let us know what they had to offer this year.
Mark :cool:

Payton 01-25-2002 08:34 AM

Someone mentioned there is a beer garden near the Black Thunder booth (or is boatme serving them up?) . Why don't we shoot for around 2:30

guys going in the evening can setup another time.

Wildchild212 01-25-2002 08:45 AM

payton
cant promise anything but we will see what we can do. I will be in an apba sweat shirt with some bald guys and some long haired hippies. I will be there with caincando and the thirsty turtle, we all like or maybe we all love Beer. :D :D :D

Intolerant1 01-25-2002 12:57 PM

We are planning on getting to the show at noon. Ill try and be at the beer tent at 2:30. I'm easy to spot. 6'4" blond hair and glasses.

Chris

Cord 01-25-2002 01:11 PM

So what's the meeting time and place? Everybody has a different time so we need to finalize it.

Intolerant1 01-25-2002 01:26 PM

Lets just make it 2:30 in the beer garden by the Black Thunder display. Unless thats a problem. I'm flexible.

Payton 01-25-2002 01:32 PM

"I'm flexible"

That's good, but why are you telling us that? Are you doing the limbo? :D :D

See ya'll there, sounds like we may be ariving about 2:30

How about it waterfowl? When are you getting there?

Wally 01-25-2002 01:40 PM

ok so 2:30 at the beer garden at/or around the Black Thunder Booth!! If there is no beer garden there or near by i say we all meet at the Black Thunder booth anyway! With all us there causeing a comotion, maybe Marc will seel one of those beasts!! :D

MrCIG 01-25-2002 03:46 PM

We should be there by 2:30
See ya all there.
Ya know it's supposed to be 60deg. and there is no ice on the lake maybe someone could bring there boat!!!!!!! :p
Mark

Wally 01-25-2002 04:00 PM

Dont tempt me Mark!!! :D Its been on my mind all day today ever since i heard about the temps!!!

Cord 01-25-2002 04:13 PM

I'd bring mine! Oh, wait......ah, never mind... :D

Waterfoul 01-25-2002 05:47 PM

Here I am!!! Rambunctious and I will be at the BEER garden near my new 46 Black Thunder at 2:30 CST (those of you from the EST like me better not forget the hour difference!!!).

Anyone give any thought to going out for dinner afterward? Pizza? Hooters?

Cord 01-25-2002 05:50 PM

Yea, I could go for some Hooters! :eek: