Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I need your help with proposal ideas (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/148383-i-need-your-help-proposal-ideas.html)

BajaRunner 01-03-2007 08:32 AM

I need your help with proposal ideas

Yes, Im finally going to do it. :eek:

I need help, I want to do a kick ass proposal. any ideas???

Rippem 01-03-2007 08:37 AM

Re: I need your help with proposal ideas

Originally Posted by BajaRunner (Post 1980823)
any ideas???

yea...don't do it! :evilb:

but if you're going to anyway, you need to tell us all the reasons she's a keeper...keeper enough to never, ever consider another woman.

BajaRunner 01-03-2007 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rippem (Post 1980830)
yea...don't do it! :evilb:

How did i know that one was coming :D

Rippem 01-03-2007 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by BajaRunner (Post 1980834)
How did i know that one was coming :D

once was enough for me!

but congrats on feeling the committment. Do it right. She'll always remember it.

the size and cut of the stone that is...

Sonic30ss 01-03-2007 09:09 AM

OK, this is one I've never shared, but since I can't(won't) use it again here goes.... I steamed a fortune cookie open and put the ring inside. After a dinner I gave her the cookie and you can guess the rest

lost most everything 7 years later...shame I wasted the fortune cookie trick on her, should have saved it for the right one

Audiofn 01-03-2007 09:23 AM

Dude I like the keep it simple. They will remember just about anything that you do. Most chicks that I have talked to would rather have it intimate then like up on the jumbo tron at at ball game (unless you guys met there or something like that)

Mine was simple. Nice dinner, walk on the beach and then handed her a ring that was twice the size of what she wanted. She thought that I kept going back to the store because they were having issues setting the stone that she picked properly.

Jon

Audiofn 01-03-2007 09:25 AM

Ps I must say that married life has been good to me. I can honestly say that the two of us together can accomplish a lot more then not. There are time heck even a lot of them that I want to kill her but that don't last long. Of course I am a saint so she aint got no complaints with me :D

Clay Washington 01-03-2007 10:55 AM

Everyone needs to be married at least once. After that, FORGET IT!!!! :mad:

Clay Washington 01-03-2007 10:55 AM

Two words...

PRE NUP!

Rippem 01-03-2007 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Clay Washington (Post 1980989)
Two words...

PRE NUP!

unless she's rich :evilb:

LEOPAJM 01-03-2007 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Clay Washington (Post 1980989)
Two words...

PRE NUP!

Definately !

Sydwayz 01-03-2007 11:10 AM

Mine was during the Miami Boat Show several years back. Valentine's Day night, on the Beach. Walked out to the beach between dinner and dessert, popped the question, returned for dessert, and the table had been prepped with roses and chocolate (had the GM of the restaurant in on it); nice applause when we came back in.

We changed clothes and went to the OSO party to celebrate. :D

The hardest part was airline travel with the ring, (security, and keeping it on my person) without her knowing about it. I cut a little slit in a tiny stuffed animal, inserted the ring, and sewed it shut. I kept it in my backpack, which I kept on me at all times.

A couple months later she stated: "I think you should sell the boat."

I took the ring, moved out, sold the boat, and bought a bigger one. I am also with the right girl now, with bigger boobs even.
:D :D

GOOD LUCK!

Rippem 01-03-2007 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 1981001)
Mine was during the Miami Boat Show several years back. Valentine's Day night, on the Beach. Walked out to the beach between dinner and dessert, popped the question, returned for dessert, and the table had been prepped with roses and chocolate (had the GM of the restaurant in on it); nice applause when we came back in.

We changed clothes and went to the OSO party to celebrate. :D

The hardest part was airline travel with the ring, (security, and keeping it on my person) without her knowing about it. I cut a little slit in a tiny stuffed animal, inserted the ring, and sewed it shut. I kept it in my backpack, which I kept on me at all times.

A couple months later she stated: "I think you should sell the boat."

I took the ring, moved out, sold the boat, and bought a bigger one. I am also with the right girl now, with bigger boobs even.
:D :D

GOOD LUCK!

now that's a great story with a happy ending :D

Racegirl3 01-03-2007 11:30 AM

You guys are too funny ... and I agree with all of you :D

Chris Sunkin 01-03-2007 11:33 AM

As my brother once told me...

"If I'd have killed her on our wedding night I'd at least be out by now"

Stormrider 01-03-2007 03:43 PM

fly to paris...

take her to the top of the eifel tower...

and jump.

Pete280 01-03-2007 07:34 PM

I'm in the same boat, we have the ring picked out, I just have to go buy it, . This is my second time around, so I know I have a good one this time.

I am thinking about driving up to DC or flying to NY for the weekend and poping the question.

Racegirl3 01-03-2007 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Not Right (Post 1981592)
I'm in the same boat, we have the ring picked out, I just have to go buy it, . This is my second time around, so I know I have a good one this time.

I am thinking about driving up to DC or flying to NY for the weekend and poping the question.

Ok ... Im either really slow on this kinda stuff or way too logical but if you already picked out a ring then didnt you already ask the question? cuz how did she help pick out the ring if she didnt know the question was being asked? :bunny:

Audiofn 01-03-2007 08:39 PM

Freeking women and their semantics :D

Pete280 01-04-2007 07:21 AM

It's a matter of circumstances, yes, we have a ring picked out and no, I havent asked her yet. It makes the "surprise" a little more difficult but how many women are completely shocked that they are going to be asked to get married? I think most couples discuss the matter in depth.

The ring is a big purchase, I would rather get her exactly what she wants rather than "surprise" her. It works for us so that's all that matters.

BajaRunner 01-04-2007 07:33 AM

Ive got it figured out.

There is a romantic overlook (at the lake of course :D) so im going to take her there for a picnic. Ive hired a plane and getting a banner done that say her name and will you marry me, then ill propose, and when we walk down from the overlook ill have a limo waiting and take her to a nice romantic dinner.

sound good??

ps, i may start a plane service because i am paying out the a$$ for that one.

Aqua-Holic 01-04-2007 07:48 AM

Just make sure it fit's your situation. You will probably get a lot of answers for what would/could work for other couples : )

yzbert 01-04-2007 10:31 AM

custom some m&m's for her

http://www.mymms.com/customprint/

yzbert 01-04-2007 10:33 AM

or candy, i did these for my buisness they are awsome, but you need to order alot, the m&m's is a small order

http://www.handmadelollies.com/

Dave1972 01-04-2007 11:09 AM

yzbert,

That's what I did just a few months back...the M&M thing was pretty cool....although $75 for 3 tiny bags of M&M's is sure a kick in the nuts. Beats the $$ of some other ideas I had though that's for sure!

StraightJacket 01-04-2007 03:01 PM

Your name is Baja Runner I suggest you do just that. Get on it and run. Mine was 15k to get in and 60k to get out, not much to most but when your an average working stiff it can be alot. Plus the 35k in C/Card debt i got stuck with. Back on my feet now . Best of luck to ya, Its not always that bad.

BajaRunner 01-04-2007 03:12 PM

Damn, you guys put a downer on an exciting time for me. :(

Dave1972 01-04-2007 03:57 PM

BajaRunner,
I have been through the process more than once...but let me tell you; it can be the best thing in the world. I would not change a thing and absolutely love being with my wife. She is my best friend, companion, and partner in life. I can't imagine my life without her.

Lots of negatives brought up in this thread...but by and large...the statistics are in that married people are happier and their lives are more fulfilled. Not speaking for everyone...just statistics :).

Whatever your idea I'm sure it will go over well! How about the fire department or police in your hometown...not sure how rural your area is but might be worth it to check to see if they can do something special to help you!

Racegirl3 01-04-2007 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Not Right (Post 1981925)
The ring is a big purchase, I would rather get her exactly what she wants rather than "surprise" her. It works for us so that's all that matters.

:D Yup .... I forget sometimes that not every female is easy to please :D

Good luck to all you guys lookin to do it up right :drink:

wrinkleface 01-04-2007 04:05 PM

Put the ring in a little box, tie it to the neck of a new puppy and let the little muttster run 2 her! Double notch in the bank!!!

Busta 01-04-2007 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by yzbert (Post 1982119)
custom some m&m's for her

http://www.mymms.com/customprint/

Yeah, get her some like this....(they say Baja with my boat name "No Cover") That should win her over. :D

Seriously, just give her the ring on your boat keychain. Might as well do it now because you'll be handing it all over to her some day anyway! :rolleyes:

Just kidding Jason, congrats. I guess we can hang some beer cans off the back of your swim platform this summer! BTW, I think your idea with cliff and the plane, limo, etc sound excellent and first class! ....and if she says no you can threaten to push her off the cliff...just kidding!

ericaull 01-04-2007 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by BajaRunner (Post 1980823)
Yes, Im finally going to do it. :eek:

I need help, I want to do a kick ass proposal. any ideas???

Dude, I'm begging you ......don't do this !!:evilb:

Cash Bar 01-04-2007 09:15 PM

I took my girl to the fountains at Centennial Olympic park in Atlanta. We had met during the Olymics in 1996. We didn't date 'til 1999.

In Dec. 2001 we went to dinner to have an early holiday dinner before the families overwhelmed us. After the dinner we drove around, I pretended to be just killing time. We got out at the Ga dome and I said lets take a walk. It was fukkin FREEZING......:eek:

Anyway, about a year previous she had spent the night at my bar waiting for me to get off. When the shift was over and we went for dinner she took out a tiny straw that she had made into a ring. She got a serious look on her face and asked me to marry HER......

I was stunned, then confused. Anyway, she had been drinking a lot( I was a bartender) and I told her she was drunk. We laughed, but I kept the ring.

FF to the fountains. I get her down to the fountains and it's beautiful. The xmas lights are up and the water is great. I sit down on the edge of the fountain and so does she. After a few minutes I asked if she realized that the founatins symbolized our first meeting. She said yes and looked around. While she did I got on one knee in front of her and pulled out a box. When she looked at me she was in shock. I asked how she'd feel being my wife and opened the box. Inside I had put the straw ring she had made. She smiled and laughed. I said "Ha, got ya huh?". She had such a great smile and said what a shock it had been. I said I figured, but then asked how she's have felt if it was this other box and pulled out the REAL ring. I went a little teary(shut UP masher) and said what I had practiced. She started to cry and smile and all that stuff girls do. When i put the ring on her small finger it covered her from knuckle to knuckle even though it was modest. I was sooo happy and thought how it was one of my greatest moments. :cool:

But then........:rolleyes:

Cash Bar 01-04-2007 09:20 PM

About a week later she gave me back the ring and said that even though I was the greatest guy she could ever have, her being married twice before was enough.

It took me almost 4 YEARS to sell that fukker since I had it custom made.........:eek: :mad:

Thats' the LAST time I will do that......

Donman 01-04-2007 09:38 PM

We were driving around, just cruising and killing time and I looked over to her and said "We should get married, ya know ?". A few weeks later we picked out a ring and 20 years later....all is very well. :D

Cash Bar 01-04-2007 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Donman (Post 1982895)
We were driving around, just cruising and killing time and I looked over to her and said "We should get married, ya know ?". A few weeks later we picked out a ring and 20 years later....all is very well. :D

That would of been a lot less painful.........:rolleyes:

Chris Sunkin 01-04-2007 09:44 PM

Since we're all confessing here...

I handed my wife the ring box- unopened.

Ever the romantic, I said "Here- you want this?"

Sydwayz 01-04-2007 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR (Post 1982867)
t took me almost 4 YEARS to sell that fukker since I had it custom made.........:eek: :mad:

Thats' the LAST time I will do that......

BEEN THERE!!! :D

And anyways; Baja Runner is only asking her to marry him. He's got YEARS to drag out the engagement! :D :D

Racegirl3 01-05-2007 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Donman (Post 1982895)

Thats pretty close to the way mine went and we were together for 18 years :D Still get along great :drink:

Indy 01-05-2007 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by BajaRunner (Post 1981936)
Ive got it figured out.

There is a romantic overlook (at the lake of course :D) so im going to take her there for a picnic. Ive hired a plane and getting a banner done that say her name and will you marry me

I did the same thing on our boat in Long Island Sound. It went off great and was one heck of a surprise to her. I also had the family waiting for us at the dock to celebrate upon our return. A great day in my life :)