Notices

Sit or Stand?

Old 01-23-2002, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wally I think it was Daytona race big seas throttel man takes spinal compression but hanges in there not long after again bad compression has to bail out of boat to try to releave pain.these guys are tuff.I think without being straped down you would be snaped around,and I think that would be worse, not as much control over boat and hard on the body. I like my drop outs and they work well for my type of driving-non raceing.,I,m still new to a lot of it and have not looked inside of any well set up race boats.any drivers want to clue me in on how you do it? re;eat nails before you race,drink rusty water instead of coffee.?
Old 01-23-2002, 05:59 PM
Registered

I like to stand, but in my boats there is only sitting. If I stood up the windsheild is at my waist I have been in many bolsters and there is nothing better then standing.

In both the baja and powerplay there are only sitting arangements. When i sit I like to become one with the boat, tucked in the seat good and tight, feet wide stanced on the foot rest, not be able to move at all. I feel like I am in my own little world, me and the boat becoming one.. then ya just slam the stick to the stop, trim her up and give er' hell

Travis

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: traviss ]
Old 01-23-2002, 06:21 PM
VIP Member

STAND BABY!!! And you better hold on tight!!

Especially when I do a 70+ mph river assault on sunday when there is 3-5 foot chop!!!

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Bigwavz ]
Old 01-23-2002, 06:29 PM
Registered

I have raced both sit down boats and stand up boats. I much prefer sitting. Especially when you are in Skater seats. They really hug you and you feel at one with the boat. There is a TREMENDOUS amount of padding in the seats that are made by Skater and they absorb alot of the shock. I do not feel as in control standing but that is just my personal preference.

Shane
Old 01-23-2002, 06:42 PM
Registered

Too Old,

How are you my friend? I hope you and the family are all well. How come you were looking at selling the Skater?

Shane
Old 01-23-2002, 06:54 PM
jpc

It seems like most of us go fast pleasure boaters like to stand. I wish they would make boats like for instance Powerquests new 32' SC with a pair of bolsters with that big open cockpit. That way we can go out and pound around on Friday night with the guys then take the family out on Saturday.

Some of the new layouts are great, you just can't get the right seats. Is it just me or does anybody else feel like we're missing a good cross over boat?

Old 01-23-2002, 07:05 PM
Registered

Standing with feet pushing against footrest, knees slightly bent.
Old 01-23-2002, 07:15 PM
Registered

TurnItOn, I agree with you on the crossover boat. My boat is only 24' but the cockpit space would rival that of a Top Gun, maybe bigger. Mine has buckets and I thought of bolsters but I like that mine swivel around and I can lounge out in them. You lose that with bolsters. I do however stand in front of the seat most of the time. It's a damn good thing my steering wheel is on tight, it and my throttles are the only thing that keep me standing upright some times!

I really like the 32' Advantage for the cockpit space. You can have 4 bolsters and the back bench of just the 2 bolsters and bench and you have a small dance floor in between them. I'd happily give up some cabin in a 32'+ boat to get that cockpit space.
Old 01-23-2002, 07:17 PM
BJM
Registered

SHANE
I TOO HAVE RACED SITTING AND STANDING AND AGREE WITH YOU 100%. YOU FEEL LIKE PART OF THE BOAT SITTING DOWN.
B.J.
Old 01-23-2002, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my Velocity I sat and liked it..you definately feel more a part of the boat..I stand in the Sutphen I raced this year..takes some getting used-to..with the big jacket on I was pretty well wedged-in..but I did manage to fall through once!

Quick Reply: Sit or Stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.