Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat Crash off Marco Island Today (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/148635-boat-crash-off-marco-island-today.html)

el indio 01-07-2007 11:31 AM

Re: Boat Crash off Marco Island Today

Originally Posted by warbird (Post 1985214)
Local NBC-2 is reporting live from a marina to which wreckage will be brought. Reporting "many witnesses". Reporting subject "doing figure 8's and jumping it's own wake". They're saying wreckage area was approx 1/2 mile off inlet/pass. Reporting "there were alot of boats around". Maybe a lotta wake...

bummer!!!!!!!!!

AIR TIME 01-07-2007 11:46 AM

A sad day RIP

captnate 01-07-2007 11:48 AM

Very sad day, I went to the beach with them and then we were going to meet at the Snook Inn, It was very calm just doesn't make sence. Harper was looking forward to our next fun run we will miss them. My Prayers to Jennifer and the family.

BRD 01-07-2007 02:15 PM

Was this the outboard triple thats in the classifieds here on OSO ?

This makes NO sense ... and SUCKS !

My condolences ... JM

jtmiller02 01-07-2007 02:27 PM

terrible, the sole survivor has a very long, very difficult road ahead of her...

I'm sure she could use prayers more than speculation right now, like any accident the exact truth may or may not ever be known, but it will certainly not be known quickly.

Saw the movie We Are Marshall the other night, really makes you think about how difficult coping with loss can be.

OL40SVX 01-07-2007 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by jim09091 (Post 1985330)
No, I believe the boat involoved in this accident is a Powerplay.

It wasn't rough yesterday, at least not off of Bonita Beach & Ft. Myers Beach. Low tide wasn't until evening, and even then it wasn't much of a low tide.

Yes it was a Power Play but that pic he posted is a Baja race boat. Sorry if the wording wasn't clear.

bojoe2 01-07-2007 03:25 PM

sad day

AppSysCons 01-07-2007 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by warbird (Post 1985214)
Local NBC-2 is reporting live from a marina to which wreckage will be brought. Reporting "many witnesses". Reporting subject "doing figure 8's and jumping it's own wake". They're saying wreckage area was approx 1/2 mile off inlet/pass. Reporting "there were alot of boats around". Maybe a lotta wake...

What ever really happened, it is a tragedy. Our prayers go out to the survivor(s), family and friends.

We were out yesterday from 11:00am until 3:00PM, Charlotte Harbor to Boca Grande to Ft Myers, a stop, and back latter, calm conditions.

SUNSATION 25 01-07-2007 03:44 PM

Our condolences!!!!!

But does anyone know what PP it was? I'm planning a trip there to look at a few and I'm wondering if it might be one of them..............was this a recent purchase???

Full Throttle 525 01-07-2007 04:00 PM

Very, Very sad. My condolences!!