Like Tree0Likes

Biggest Apache I've ever seen!

Old 01-20-2007, 05:01 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

My Boats: FORMULA 223 W/ 454 MAG --70+ on the trailer
Default Re: Biggest Apache I've ever seen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche3Six View Post
wow
Old 01-21-2007, 01:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: EX 99 MPH 272 Baja owner, 1999 Scarab 33 AVS NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
I hear you Smitty, spent 7 years offshore and consider myself very lucky to have survived the North Sea, South Pacific and worst of all the Gulf of Mexico offshore Louisiana in 1980.

F that
I was on a 670 ft long by 96 ft wide Navy AOR,USS Milwaukee,it was a deep draft ship (36 ft) with a fairly flat bottom. We got our arse kicked in the med during a bad storm. In the midst of the worse part of the storm the capt decides to swing the ship around and run in a different direction. The waves caught us wrong and pushed ship into a real hard roll,before it recovered a second wave caught us and rolled us over further. At that point we lost fires in the boilers,all fwd propulsion,all power etc. We got tossed around at the mercy of the storm while getting everything restarted,it wasn't pretty. The waves washed a 40 ft motor whale boat and the captains gig (36 or 42 ft motoryacht) plus a 20,000 lb fork truck right off the main deck. Had quite a few minor injuries,a few bad ones (one guy got his leg cut off between some fork trucks that broke loose). I was down in the engine room,we were literally hanging from valve handles with our feet just about in the air as the ship took a 47 degree roll (later the engineers from philly flew in to france and said the ship should have went to the bottom at that angle). There were guys who walked off the ship when we pulled into france for repairs that kissed the ground,had a 1/2 dozen or so that went awol,said screw it they were never going out to sea again,they would rather go to jail if they had to . And my wife can't figure out why I won't shell out a few thousand to go on a cruise ,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails
Biggest Apache I've ever seen!-09210204%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 01-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by articfriends View Post
In the midst of the worse part of the storm the capt decides to swing the ship around and run in a different direction.
Was he still a Captain after that move?