Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OUCH! This may hurt the re-sale!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/149559-ouch-may-hurt-re-sale.html)

dykstra 01-20-2007 02:44 PM

Re: OUCH! This may hurt the re-sale!!

Wow

vtec 01-20-2007 06:55 PM

Damn resin bucket:evilb:

poolsinc1 01-20-2007 07:47 PM

This is not a classified... Project boat for sale. Make offer, crane included.

CAP071 01-21-2007 01:25 PM

How would you like to see the look on the bank clerk's face when you deposit that insurance check.:eek:

VelocityMark 01-21-2007 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by CAP071 (Post 1999909)
How would you like to see the look on the bank clerk's face when you deposit that insurance check.:eek:

Better yet how would you like to see the look on the insurance agents face when he got that call.:eek:

louietherigger 01-21-2007 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 1998693)
if Louietherigger was there this would not have happend :D

Thanx Dave,
Boats are very tricky to lift with a crane, always off balance, slippery, need spreaders or there own wieght will crush the sides in. Wind is unpredictable so you must always figure the worst keep the load as low as possible and on a yacht that size have at least 8 tag lines. With all that in consideration failures can still occur. A telling sign is that no one was killed, so they must have had some sort of safetys in place.
And Dave it this was an attempt to butter me up, it ain't workin, lol, you guys got our trophy and were coming for you guys!! Hope all is well see you at the awards.

Louie

Iggy 01-22-2007 05:12 AM

What a mess!!!
I sure wouldn't want to be that crane operator.

I remember seeing a similar accident. Crane operator was lifting a wood hull cruiser when the main cable parted. Boat was about 10 feet up. Landed in the dirt but still crushed the hull bottom. It looked like sombody cut the bottom off and set the rest of it on the ground.
My Dads boat was just placed in the water by that crane about an hour before the accident.

glassdave 01-22-2007 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by louietherigger (Post 2000219)
And Dave it this was an attempt to butter me up, it ain't workin, lol, you guys got our trophy and were coming for you guys!! Hope all is well see you at the awards.

Louie

:D . . . cant wait for the season to get started, racing at its finest. we'll see you guys in a few weeks

Wahoo ATV 01-22-2007 08:05 AM

watch out Louie, we have some top secret stuff going on at the Wahoo R&D facility. :drink: