Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Should I sell my boat or not? >

Should I sell my boat or not?

Notices

Should I sell my boat or not?

Old 01-25-2007, 02:43 PM
NoQuarter

Default Re: Should I sell my boat or not?

How did you afford this boat in the first place? Seems to me you're doing doing fine already.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarab22-1998
How did you afford this boat in the first place? Seems to me you're doing doing fine already.
affording the boat is not the problem. im just thinking about cutting back for school (saving some of that money and not financing one penny of school), and wondering how much time ill have for the boat.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Keep the boat. Nothing better than getting on the water after a sucky day in class.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

. I love it, just wonder how much time, and how much nicer it would be to save that money till schools over.

Keep the boat!
Old 01-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

I change my mind. If you can afford it and the girl says keep it, KEEP IT. You and your relationship will be better off. I go to college currently, have a boat, work full time, and have a fiancee to be married in May 2008. Scary the similarities. College keeps me so busy that I don't go out or do anything during the semesters, which saves me money. So in a way you will tighten up during the semester if you work hard. On another note I work my $$$ off during the semester and at work so that I can do what I have always dreamed of doing..... POWERBOATING WAHOOOOO!
Old 01-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill tell you what. my girlfreind went back to school last year and she finished in oct. she went all through the summer. she says one of the things that got her through it was the time she had on the boat and drinking with her oso friends. you should have seen her studying on the sunpad when i pushed her in.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Registered

If the thought of even selling it has crossed your mind, then you need to sell it or else you will keep asking yourself if you should have.

The other thing to consider is that there are a lot of boats out there for sale thus, it is not really a sellers market. I would put the boat out there (looks like you have already) and don't sacrifice on price. If it sells, you know it was meant to be. If not, no harm done per your statements.

Just think, if she goes, you can save cash, get that degree and hopefully a bigger paycheck as a result, and buy something bigger, faster or both!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:07 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

If you are comfortable with everything than keep it. You know you will regret it.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Registered

Life is too short! I would never go 1-2 years without a boat if I didn't absolutely have too.

You can also bring your school work with you. I know it isn't ideal, but my wife is in grad school and sometimes she does here reading on the boat at the sand bar then types her papers during the week.

KEEP THE BOAT!!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Be smart, SELL IT. You can always buy another when you have more time to use it. Save the dollars you would have spent on payments, fuel, insurance, storage and that will be a nice down payment for another one when school is over!

Quick Reply: Should I sell my boat or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.