what would you do? (boatme) >

what would you do? (boatme)

Notices

what would you do? (boatme)

Old 01-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: what would you do? (boatme)

and thats right wnelles, he told me the same thing that he owned manning trailer too. (LIED) He had just sold it and bought the warf
Old 01-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see any scumbags in this deal on either side. I just wish you guys could handle the problem between yourselves.

I have bought several boats without sea trials including my current Tiger. I did have a good survey done including mechanical and knew the history of the boat. This one turned out better than expected.

Other times. I haven't been as lucky.

If you want a survey, insist on picking your own surveyor. If you sea trial and somesthing doesn't seem right, walk away.

On a used boat, it's usually your problem from about the time you hook it to the back of your truck.

On a personal level, I feel bad for both parties that a problem popped up. No one wants that. Not buyer or seller.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally would not trust anyone and would have walked from the deal if he was not there for an agreed final sea trial.

I bet if you said you are turning around and going back to FL, he would have made a change in his schedule. But you did not.

There is fault with both parties, you decided to do the deal without final sea trial, most of burden lies with you. Marc should have been there when you arrived to finalize deal. That is poor manners on his part.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Registered

Personally, I find it odd that the seller would leave prior to your arriving to get the boat. This isn's a $100 deal we're talking here, this is a MAJOR purchase that needs to be handled correctly. I believe I would have sai dthat if he wasn't willing to wait that he could find another buyer. He apparently made an appointment with you. Were it me, I would have expected him to keep it if he were interested in selling me a boat.

Conversely, you agreed to take it without the sea trial. Your decision completely. As far as a survey goes, you should have taken that responsibility on yourself. I would not accept a survey paid for by the seller unless I was able to have a thorough conversation with the surveor about everthing he did. Also, on boat with that many hours, I would never consider it without an engine/mech inspection.

I bought a used Superboat sightunseen from New York in 2006. I found a good surveyor and paid him to sea trial and give me a thorough report. In the end, we got a great boat. 5 weeks afetr owning, the shifter cable went out. It was a $400 repair. I figure it's the cost of having fun. The sky is blue, grass is green, and high performance engines break, many times with NO ADVANCED WARNING. If he paid $1000.00 towards repair, I'd say he went a long way to help out.

As far as him lying or not lying with regards to owning this business or that, I'm not sure what that has to do with the core problem here. In the end, you bought a boat that you liked, and knew it had a bunch of hours on it. You knew that the survey did not cover the mechanicals. It was up to you to make sure it was ok before taking delivery. I'm not trying to be harsh, but we all go into these things with our eyes wide open. Good luck with the repairs. Get them done and go enjoy the boat!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Registered

I hear you about the no-wake time. Thats why I don't keep my boat at my house and keep it at the Wharf.

I think you might want to be careful when you start accusing someone of being a liar. Marc did own Manning for awhile and was the Manager at the Wharf. I can see how you might think that he was the owner, but feel that it was probably a conclusion on your part. Mis-communication...maybe.

Marc listened to the boat on the trailer over the cell phone? Not sure you're helping your case here.

The survey was structural. So what's the point? If you wanted something else you should have asked for it. If you didn't want it, you shouldn't have paid for it. I know I would have wanted a structural survey.

It sounds like you were out on the boat for probably 2 hours or so. Probably not more than 30 minutes at speed. Not sure how you feel Marc misrepresented the boat when you were on it with it operating for 2-3 hours.

The fact that Marc kicked in money for parts, should have demonstrated his good character, but to ask him to pay for everything is unrealistic and not in spirit of your sales agreement of "as is". I think you made out well here.

Marc could have taken the other extreme and told you to "pound sand" but instead he attempted to meet you half way. Why are you not willing to meet him half way?

I believe that you're a victim of bad luck. I could tell you stories over about 3 cases of beer about my bad luck!

Kind Regards,

Mike
Old 01-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fubard
Lesson 101
ITS NOBODIES BUISNESS BUT WHO THE PROBLEM IS WITH!!!!! I didnt know he had posted this till resently. and i saw whateverbody was saying so i just wnated to get the whole truth out there....no what sounds good
He continues merrily on

Hey gang dont assume because he is telling you these things that they are true

This guys first post ever on here are to attack me

I didnt attack him
i asked a question months ago on this board looking for input and Fubar takes it out on me when i was trying to help him out a little bit
Old 01-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
As far as him lying or not lying with regards to owning this business or that, I'm not sure what that has to do with the core problem here.
Credibiity. After pappos last post, it does seem possible for a misunderstanding between Manning and warf involvements to be the case.

You have to seriously think this was an unknown condition to Marc. Would you take someone out for a couple hr sea trail on a boat that had a motor with issues? I think Marc went above the norm with the $1000 offer. Ecspecially that the boat was continued to be ran after the ticking was heard. Fubar has to accept that as his learning mistake.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Registered

Pappo I didnt call anybody a liar im not the only one on here that is saying that he owned manning trailer and that he owened the warf. Thats the only reason i trusted him is because of the marina and the charity he did other wise i would have handle it differently I dont care about the survey. THE POINT IS WHY DID HE LEAVE BEFORE THE FINAL SEATRAIL. he was 2 hrs from where he needed to be i was 1400 away from home trying to finish business, ITS CALLED GOOD BUSINESS I dont know what you do or care. but if you make an agreement and you tell him your leaveing 2hrs or so before i get there, do you run your business that way....
Old 01-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Registered

I am not attacking anybody, havent said a neg. thing just read what you posted(boatme) back then and just it wasnt accurate. so you got responces that wasnt correct and im just telling the truth. I just found out that you posted it What woul you do.. IT was nobodies business. so im just asking like you thats all.....
Old 01-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered

thaks for the quote marc. why did you call sooo many times on our way up there and then call me back and tell me your leaveing????? you know i was going to be there by 5pm at latest. And im not ATTACKING you thats B.S and what different does it make if its my first post. the truth is the truth weather its your 1st 2nd or 100th post like i said im just answer there question honestly and they can go back and read what you wrote in your blog on 08/16/006 if i would have seen that then i would have commented then. sorry i dont hang around on the computer much.... jsut today lolol and actually its boring..

Quick Reply: what would you do? (boatme)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.