Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Beware this boat for sale.... >

Beware this boat for sale....

Notices

Beware this boat for sale....

Old 01-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Default Re: Beware this boat for sale....

Originally Posted by customryder
how do you roll that at 40 mph? I guess I missed the thread.
Thanks
It was at Lake Pleasant in Phoenix Az. a couple of years ago. They were in a tight turn and hit a wake...Boat rolled. At least that is their story.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Not the same boat as Rice Hauler. It looked very similar and the owner keeps going through perpetual hassles from this mistaken identity.

Look at P.4 in the Rice Hauler thread in "Stolen Boats"
That is not exactly true. I'm the one that posted the info from Hotboats website about people saying it wasnt the same boat.

However, if you read on a bit on the recovered thread, there was an eye witness there that says they are two different boats and the boat towing Honeyman was in fact Rice Hauler. Not to mention Rob (old owner of Rice Hauler) explained that that boat was a 1 off custom painted boat and he confirmed it was his boat in the photo of it towing the skater. There was also people that saw the "Rice Hauler" on Lake Pleasant that day that stated the boat had black tape over the name on the back. WTF?

Last edited by thisistank; 01-30-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

There were two boats painted similarly. The boat was definitely Rice Hauler as was stated by the recovery officers....
Old 02-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F.Y.I. You can't always blame the Insurance company. In some cases they just pay the note on the boat and its up to the wife or benefacter to trash it or sell it.
I guess it comes down to if you are so desperate to purchase a boat for less and you want one that three people died in, the side of the hull was ripped open and the seats were ripped out of, thats up to you.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
How do you peeps feel about buying a boat from someone who has passed on? (not on the boat) Just curious...
I would have no problem with the above, I have a car that was my uncle's pride and joy that I got when he passed and driving it is a great tribute to him.

I would not buy a boat (or car)knowing someone died in it due to an accident. Same thing with a house. I am sure the original owner of my house died of natural causes in the house and that is ok with me. However, if there was an un-natural act that caused the death (fire, murder, etc.) that would change my thoughts. I guess it is a little superstitious but I don't like the idea of owning something that is jinxed or has that kind of history. Bad karma if you will.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Ever notice how the same restaurant location opens/closes with no one being successful? Karma,superstition, whatever, that shiit is for real......

I would NOT own a boat or car that someone had DIED in or on.....
Old 02-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
Ever notice how the same restaurant location opens/closes with no one being successful? Karma,superstition, whatever, that shiit is for real......
Most likely from location, and the size of the monthly nut. I know one guy who sold one restaraunt at least four times. He would always hold the note, then repo it when they couldn't make the payments, but he already had the downstroke in his bank account. Btw, that same place is now owned by Friends of Strays, and has been for years.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

No, Cuda, I mean in generalization. Remember, it's my business. There are certain places that just never make it, regardless of location or even if a national chain moves in.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see its on e bay
Old 02-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Registered

About 25 yrs ago a man chopped off his wife's head at their home. The house sold for super cheap dollars right away.

I don't think I could move into a home like that then dreaming of heads rolling down the basement stairs.

Quick Reply: Beware this boat for sale....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.