Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Miami Boat Show, I am there >

Miami Boat Show, I am there

Notices

Miami Boat Show, I am there

Old 01-07-2002, 02:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Miami Boat Show, I am there

What are the exact dates and where is everyone staying/ or the wildest place to stay. Also are any of the Lake murray crowd going down, Wigginout,Curt,Brad,Jan....

Also the info on a OSO get together down there.

Will Murray

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: 27Fountain ]
Old 01-07-2002, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
That thread is on page 3 of general discussion.No info on the party yet.
Old 01-07-2002, 04:32 PM
Charter Member #1528

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok...the party is going to be huge ... when its in stone i will post . be posted this week...
Old 01-07-2002, 06:13 PM
Registered

Rivergirl

Thanks for efforts. A group of us from Arizona Hotboats is looking forward to meeting up with the OSO folks in Miami.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:03 PM
Curt

Hey Will, how's it going? Just checked out of rehab after another awsome New Year party weekend. I think my liver is getting stronger, or maybe I just can't feel the pain anymore!
Regarding Miami, I think we are going to sit this one out after going the last two years. We figure there won't be a lot different as far as the boats being displayed are concerned so we are going to try to hit about 2 or 3 races instead. In the past the best place to stay has been the Clevelander hotel right on South Beach. The big Poker Run party has been there the past couple of years and it is within walking distance of most of the good bars/clubs/restaurants. It is somewhat pricey though, as all of the hotels on the strip are. Expect to spend in the $300 to $400 per night range. The hotel itself is nothing fancy, but none of them down on the strip are. They just cost like they are. The Marriott Biscayne bay is where the inwater display is but at this point I doubt you will find a room there. It is very pricey also but very nice. It is about 5 miles from the party zone however and parking down on South Beach is real *****! You are better off staying down there. The best club I have found so far for babe watching and dancing is Club Mango's which is a block from the Clevelander hotel. Hope this helps,
Curt.

Old 01-08-2002, 09:30 AM

Curt,

Thanks for the input, I think I will probably stay at the RIU like the others on this boad. I am picking up the tab on this trip(not Dad), so need to watch the budget. Even though Dad is going with me I plan on just cabbing it, I get to blasted to drive/walk anywhere. I will definitly go to Mango's. As of now I am flying down on Feb 15, get there around noon. Wish you were going to be there. I plan on a debachery of a time

PS No trading clothes with the girls?

WILL
Old 01-08-2002, 10:02 AM
Registered

Check out the Breakwater Hotel. Have stayed there the past several years. Used to stay at the Clevelander (next door), but the Breakwater has better rooms. Right in the heart of all the action, and a $5.00 cab ride to the show (convention center). WE always have a good time...

I believe they still might have some rooms left. Usually around $130 to $180 depending on type of room. Nothing fancy, but fun....

Almost forgot....dates are 2/14 (red carpet/trade day)to 2/18.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Risk Taker ]
Old 01-08-2002, 10:16 AM

Risk Taker,

Thanks for the lead, I may be staying there now??? The rates are not bad, and I do want to be in the middle of the party. I swear this work stuff gets in the way of my social life.

Will
Old 01-08-2002, 10:26 AM
Registered

Glad to help Will.....let me know when you'll be there, and we'll get together for a couple of cold ones !! I'll be there the 13th, 14th, and leaving the 15th for Key West.
Old 01-08-2002, 05:28 PM

Cool

OK, Res for RIU Feb 14,15,16, I am there, flying down on thursday night late, get there around 11:30pm, Goal is to be on strip by 1:00am no sleep til sunday.

Risk Taker, Be happy to meet up with you on thursday night for lots of drinks. I will be loaded from the flight already

Also if anyone is taking their boat I will be happy to throw in on gas for a ride. I wish I was going to have mine there.

WILL

Quick Reply: Miami Boat Show, I am there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.