Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   National Marine in ohio (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150901-national-marine-ohio.html)

vagrant 02-11-2007 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 2022247)
In reading this there is basically NO way to tell if there's a previous lien on the boat then correct???? My credit union asked for the VIN number and I was assuming that was to verify that is was a "clear" title...now I'm not so sure they could tell that.

So who must uphold the burden? It would seem if the bank was fooled why should the owner be held responsible??? I always assumed shady dealings would be found by the banks....

We caught him by doing a Abstract title search. Were is TITIOS?

fantastixvoyage 02-11-2007 02:45 PM

Anybody do an Abstract title search??? Not sure where to begin. I googled it but got a lot of paysites, most dealing with property...

Is this something best done over the internet or is something say a county office can do???

cgarrett 02-13-2007 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2018960)
No memo any more . Lien is listed on title

I live in Ohio. As of last year May 06 when I purchased my boat I was issued a Memorandum Title to register my boat.

BigMike 02-13-2007 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got this when I bought my new boat. Should I be concerned?

bouyhunter 02-13-2007 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by cgarrett (Post 2025126)
I live in Ohio. As of last year May 06 when I purchased my boat I was issued a Memorandum Title to register my boat.

That's what I always thought from my years living in Ohio.
Even after buying a used boat, If I remember correctly, I had to turn over the actual title to the lender, and was issued a memorandum.
This is why I thought it strange to be issued a title at the time of purchase - never payed attention to the lender lien on it.

Now that I've moved south of the OH river, I'll be paying off a vehicle in the next few months (purchased and reside in Kentucky) - do they send me a new title with no lien from the lender?? Do I have to apply for a new title??

bouyhunter 02-13-2007 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by BigMike (Post 2025666)
I got this when I bought my new boat. Should I be concerned?

Are you selling??
What size and power??
Any Pics?:D :evilb:

louietherigger 02-13-2007 06:54 PM

Every state is different, and there are a lot of ways to hide a lien. I just passed on a good deal on a Fountain because the deal got a little hazy. :(

sy goldberg 02-13-2007 07:58 PM

Justice ?

Hopefully when this dirtbag gets locked up his cell mate will cause a change in his last name from Hionas to HIGHANUS.:D :D

IDRPSTF 02-14-2007 10:20 AM

BigMike, Can I use that pic as my avitar?

BigMike 02-14-2007 12:21 PM

Feel free.

Mike