Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   National Marine in ohio (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150901-national-marine-ohio.html)

fountain11 02-06-2007 06:07 PM

National Marine in ohio

Does anyone have any information on the Bankrupt National Marine Boat Sales in Ohio? I traded a boat in for a new Fountain and they never paid off the loan.

bojoe2 02-06-2007 06:28 PM

Re: National Marine in ohio

This post can,t be for real can it!

fountain11 02-06-2007 06:39 PM

yes it is!

THEJOKER 02-06-2007 06:47 PM

Oh man........so sorry!

fountain11 02-06-2007 07:00 PM

im not the only one! several of my boating buddys are in the same situation, my question to anyone is help! they took my trade sold it and did'nt pay off the loan.

THEJOKER 02-06-2007 07:19 PM

I think you are screwed. The guy you're looking for lives in Fla.

t500hps 02-06-2007 07:26 PM

Good Luck.....this has been discussed on OSO more than the last presidential election. From what I've heard, apparently you now own 2 boats... just haven't seen one of them for quite awhile!

cosmic12 02-06-2007 07:30 PM

OH MAN does it ever end? you have my sympthy:(

Clay Washington 02-06-2007 07:42 PM

unbelieveable :(

skopi55 02-06-2007 07:49 PM

I still don't understand how he is still around. Surely he has messed with the wrong person by now. Unbelieveable!

Chris Sunkin 02-06-2007 07:54 PM

National went toes-up in the late summer of '04. You haven't been making payments on your "former" boat all this time and the bank is just now, 2.5 years later, letting you know that your payment is late?

Audiofn 02-06-2007 08:07 PM

Unreal. Time to get a lawer and have him find your old boat and the new guy is gona get hosed from what I understand... :(

Jon

Ron P 02-06-2007 08:10 PM

So did anyone go to jail from National?

Talk about trickle down ecconomics. Wow.

LubeJobs42 02-06-2007 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2017856)
National went toes-up in the late summer of '04. You haven't been making payments on your "former" boat all this time and the bank is just now, 2.5 years later, letting you know that your payment is late?

I was thinking thhe same thing. Did you just find this out?

epeek 02-06-2007 09:40 PM

Pm otis311. He went thru it with National and
came out of it o/k. I think the banks did some
illegal chit and had to pony up.

Need-the-Speed 02-06-2007 10:25 PM

When I read the first post I had Grey Goose shoot out my nostrals:eek:

thisistank 02-06-2007 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 2017793)
I think you are screwed. The guy you're looking for lives in Fla.

Which prison in Florida is he in??

I don't get it. How is he not in prison!?

OL40SVX 02-07-2007 07:17 AM

Rumor is that Bill is starting to get back in the boat business. He is supposedly behind this web site.

www.performanceboatsusa.com

vagrant 02-07-2007 07:39 AM

Fountain11. Your best bet is to find the boat and get it back if you can. My boat came from National and the JackA## try to pull a fast one on me. It amazes me he is not in prison or someone has not went after him. Try and do a abstract of title you may be able to find so info on were your boat is located. Sorry for your troubles and good luck.

Indy 02-07-2007 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2018051)
I don't get it. How is he not in prison!?

I keep thinking the same thing. I guess he never ripped off a bad-a$$ either because he's still around.

otis311 02-07-2007 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 2018199)
Rumor is that Bill is starting to get back in the boat business. He is supposedly behind this web site.

www.performanceboatsusa.com

I heard the same thing from a VERY reliable source. He is partnered up with Randy Garciga from Cobra on this deal. WTF ??

Athough I do like Randy, I would stay far,far ,far away from this company until this all pans out and someone flushes Bill out. If Bill is involved, someone will get burned for sure

otis311 02-07-2007 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by fountain11 (Post 2017681)
Does anyone have any information on the Bankrupt National Marine Boat Sales in Ohio? I traded a boat in for a new Fountain and they never paid off the loan.

Where have you been hiding for the past 2.5 years ?? Many lawsuits have been filed and most have been settled as far as I know. I dont know what can be done for you at this point. I would contact an good lawyer in Ohio and get to work on it right away.

Good luck, You will need all of it

sy goldberg 02-07-2007 08:12 AM

PERFORMANCE BOATS USA ! I know the owner of this company and his family for over 10 years and no way are any of the previously mentioned people involved. I also know that this business is only a very small part of the family empire and that no floor plan is in place or will ever be needed.

Dano 02-07-2007 08:23 AM

Abstract title search will produce the legal owner and lein holder. Yes, you are still responsible for the loan if your original lein isn't satisfied. If a major bank was holding the note (must be the case or you certainly would have heard before now) they have been involved already. If it's a local player you might have some ground to cover but something has been happening. No one will tell you anything without your own legal representation as the banks own the asset not you.
Get a lawyer and settle as fast as possible.

More Miami hustle...condolences.

otis311 02-07-2007 08:25 AM

I just got off the phone with Sy

My apologozies to PERFORMANCE BOATS USA

These people are long time customers of Sy's

I have the wrong business and meant no harm to these fine people

If Sy says they are standup people... They are standup people

Wow, I now see how a thread can go south real quick and hurt some innocint person or a business

Sy, Thanks for jumping in real quick and saving my ass

Bob

otis311 02-07-2007 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by klaw (Post 2018236)
wow if this is true I would steer clear
I have met Randy and bought parts from him and recommended him to others but he needs to lets us know if this is true

We need alittle more OSO investigation.

I was wrong with tying this company to Bill H.

My bad, Ill go hide my dumb ass under a rock for awhile

Von Bongo 02-07-2007 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dano (Post 2018262)
the banks own the asset not you.
Get a lawyer and settle as fast as possible.

Not so, the bank(s) will have a lien on the boat. They don't become the owner until it is reposessed and gone through proper proceedures to have the title changed. The new owner may acutally own the boat, but it is subject to the lien of the first bank and probably the bank that loaned him/her money. By transfering title the origional owner probably triggered the "due on sale or transfer" clause in his note & security agreement. If the current owner pays off the original note I can't see any reason why he couldn't keep it as he bought in good faith. However he probably won't, he will look to void the transaction and then.......

I agree 100% with the last statement.:D :D

cigracing1 02-07-2007 08:52 AM

So is Sy saying that Randy Garciga is not involved with PERFORMANCE BOATS USA ?

Chris Sunkin 02-07-2007 09:07 AM

A title with a lien placed on it cannot be conveyed unless the lien is removed.

If I buy a boat from you and pay you the full amount- and the bank you owe money to has a lien on the title, I cannot transfer that title into my name until the lien is discharged. Even though you have my money and the bank's money, and I have possession of the boat, it's still titled in your name and technically your boat until the bank discharges their lien. If they do so without receiving payment from you, that's their business. If I don't hold clear title, I can't sell it to another party- since I don't legally own it. I can give it to them and they can give me money in return but they still don't own the boat.

The big question is- how does the "owner" of a boat that they've had for over 2 1/2 years yet doesn''t hold title to register the craft?

BigMike 02-07-2007 09:34 AM

This can't be for real.

Mike

Von Bongo 02-07-2007 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2018305)
A title with a lien placed on it cannot be conveyed unless the lien is removed.

If I buy a boat from you and pay you the full amount- and the bank you owe money to has a lien on the title, I cannot transfer that title into my name until the lien is discharged.

Not so, you can title the boat or car, airplane, house or whatever, in your name. The lien however will continue to appear on the new title or court house records because it wasn't paid.

The bank's security agreement will have a "due on sale or transfer" clause because it doesn't want you to sell it without paying them off, but it can't stop you from selling the asset. It can however call the note due in full at that time because the prior owner violated a loan covanent and if not paid reposess the asset from the new owner.

Now no person of sound judgement would buy it without paying off the lien, unless they were able to assume the loan from the bank. But the bank can't keep you from transfering title of an asset, they can only enforce their lien if not paid.

rdoactive 02-07-2007 10:03 AM

Von Bongo,
Didn't I read here that National was producing duplicate titles?
Maybe without a lien showing up?
Gary

otis311 02-07-2007 10:38 AM

well, I dont know for sure that Bill H. is involved with PERFORMANCEBOATSUSA.COM or not. The info I had on that is second hand, although from a very reputable and reliable source

But nobody can now dispute that Randy Garciga is involved with this company

www.register.com

type in PERFORMANCEBOATSUSA.COM and look at the registrantand the administrative contact and the technical contact

Randy Garciga

Things that make you go MMMMMMMMM

otis311 02-07-2007 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by sy goldberg (Post 2018249)
PERFORMANCE BOATS USA ! I know the owner of this company and his family for over 10 years and no way are any of the previously mentioned people involved. I also know that this business is only a very small part of the family empire and that no floor plan is in place or will ever be needed.

Sy, Can you explain this finding ??

otis311 02-07-2007 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by cigracing1 (Post 2018298)
So is Sy saying that Randy Garciga is not involved with PERFORMANCE BOATS USA ?

I dont think he can dispute this fact now, I just havent tied Bill H into this whole deal yet besides hearsay

cigracing1 02-07-2007 10:50 AM

I found the same thing you did and am asking the same question.

Chris Sunkin 02-07-2007 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo (Post 2018335)
Not so, you can title the boat or car, airplane, house or whatever, in your name. The lien however will continue to appear on the new title or court house records because it wasn't paid.

The bank's security agreement will have a "due on sale or transfer" clause because it doesn't want you to sell it without paying them off, but it can't stop you from selling the asset. It can however call the note due in full at that time because the prior owner violated a loan covanent and if not paid reposess the asset from the new owner.

Now no person of sound judgement would buy it without paying off the lien, unless they were able to assume the loan from the bank. But the bank can't keep you from transfering title of an asset, they can only enforce their lien if not paid.

Not in Ohio.

ORC 4505.08(A)
"...The clerk shall sign and affix the clerk's seal to the original certificate of title and, if there are no liens on the motor vehicle, shall deliver the certificate to the applicant or the selling dealer. If there are one or more liens on the motor vehicle, the certificate of title shall be delivered to the holder of the first lien or the selling dealer, who shall deliver the certificate of title to the holder of the first lien."

Real propery and vehicle titles are registered with the county, as are liens. If there's a lien, they will not convey the title without release. I've been on both sides of this issue- several times placing judgment liens on properties and once with a boat I bought- the seller forged a lien release on the title.

If the buyer showed up at National with his boat and a clear title looking to deal that's one story. If there was a lien marking on the title, Warren county would not have transferred it from National to the new owner. Duplicates don't work either- they're all numbered and bar-coded now. If they had a clear but bogus out-of-state title, it would have popped back- they return them to the state of origin. If it was counterfeit from another state, Ohio would have voided their title and either contacted the holder or if unable, contacted the Highway Patrol. If it had gone to a 3rd state, Ohio would have gotten their title back. When they discovered the bogus title, they would notify that 3rd state.

Maybe in the instance we're speaking of, the person didn't offer the boat as security- possibly they made the purchase on a home equity loan. The lender and/or original dealer could have screwed up as well. I purchased a new Ford in Detroit and took one of those zero-interest deals. The dealer sent me a clear Michigan title. I took it to my local title bureau and transferred it here. I still have it. I have a contractural security agreement, collateralized with the vehicle, with the lender- but they have no lien on my title. I'm essentially free to sell it.

If I skipped the last 30+ payments, they probably would have called me by now.

hpoffshore 02-07-2007 12:53 PM

Un-authorized duplicate title eliminates that pesky chain-of-ownership problem.....

Chris Sunkin 02-07-2007 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2018656)
Some reason seeing this thread made the famous saying from the Hindenburg pop in my mind:

"Oh, the Humanity!"

That wasn't what they were saying......

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ugemanatee.jpg

hpoffshore 02-07-2007 01:29 PM

Spontaneously combusting manatee.....that's funny