Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150937-has-anyone-taken-pics-la-boat-show.html)

johnlomant 02-07-2007 09:23 AM

Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show

I have heard that there is going to be a lot of new boats there Nordic 42' cat and 43' offshore deep v. I would love to see pics if anyone has them.

rickdarling 02-07-2007 10:15 AM

Re: Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show

I took a few shots but don't have them with me. Take a look at : http://www.speedwake.com/upload/show...threadid=45653

TSPM 02-07-2007 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got these today from from the Nordic Factory GM........although they are poor quality :(
This is the NEW 43 CAT
I will try to get some better shots.

TSPM 02-07-2007 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
47 CYCLONE Race Boat / Poker Run

TSPM 02-07-2007 10:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Adrenaline V-30 also at the LA Show

TSPM 02-07-2007 10:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More V-30 pics..........

TSPM 02-07-2007 10:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
more

TSPM 02-07-2007 10:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
last ones

johnlomant 02-07-2007 11:33 AM

That cat looks a lot like the mti cats. I cant wait to see more pics of it. The nordic v looks sweet also , they are going to have a good year.

Dude! Sweet! 02-07-2007 11:46 AM

Went yesterday, but forgot my camera (sorry IlmoreDude)! Some really nice looking stuff.

TSPM 02-07-2007 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by johnlomant (Post 2018497)
That cat looks a lot like the mti cats. I cant wait to see more pics of it. The nordic v looks sweet also , they are going to have a good year.

Yes and the 32 Cat will be out in Spring. The Big V is a 47 Nordic CYCLONE. CYCLONE RACE BOATS ( A championship race boat company in Europe) was purchased by Nordic Powerboats, they relocated the entire factory and staff to the US to produce these under the Nordic name.

Steve Zuckerman 02-07-2007 11:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have posted some pics in the Nordic and MCPA forums.
The show was awesome!
Regards,
Steve

Rik 02-07-2007 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by TSPM (Post 2018533)
Yes and the 32 Cat will be out in Spring. The Big V is a 47 Nordic CYCLONE. CYCLONE RACE BOATS ( A championship race boat company in Europe) was purchased by Nordic Powerboats, they relocated the entire factory and staff to the US to produce these under the Nordic name.

The V bottom is from Australia, Ross Wilson design.

Michael1 02-07-2007 02:30 PM

I was a bit disappointed in the Nordic cat. Boat wasn't finished, although the design looked good. The V didn't look finished off either as far as rigging and details, but at least the back seat was in it.

I was also disappointed in the Laveycraft quality this year. Two years ago it was flawless. You had to really look for any defects. The decks were completely flat. The interior fit like a glove. This year, it looked a bit sloppy, like they hired a bunch of new people who didn't really know what they were doing. The Baja looked better built this year to me.

Prices seem to have shot up this year. $82K for a 26' Baja, and that's the show special?:eek: Entry level offshore is getting out of reach for many people.

The new 700SCi Merc package was there. It has aluminum heads, new higher strength drive with dry sump that slots between the Bravo and Six, and, of course, the blower.

Mercury Marine says they are scrambling to meet the new '08 emission standards for California for 500 hp or less. They are trying to get catalytic converters to last in a marine environment. I'd avoid an '08 engine myself until they have some field time, because I think there may be a good chance problems could come up later. We'll see.

Other notables: Cigarette Top Gun 38, a well used 30' Skater cat, and two Fountains.

Michael

Rik 02-07-2007 02:38 PM

A lot of manufacturers are scrambling to make a show. Some such as Eliminator, had to have at least 12 boats built, polished and delivered to the show, in addition to their regular production work.

The Nordic Cat was just finished on Thursday morning and they have the interior in it now.

A lot of work goes into just getting to the show. Especially when one adds that its a new model they want to show off. The 55' MTI was the same way at the Miami show last year.

The Nordic V runs, it was just solid white and needs some color.

TSPM 02-07-2007 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 2018753)
The V bottom is from Australia, Ross Wilson design.

Correct....and yes the cat and Big V are not yet completely finished ....they just made it to the show in time as in the present state.....at least they had them there.

johnlomant 02-07-2007 03:02 PM

Nordic is just getting started, just wait untill the cats are done.

TSPM 02-07-2007 03:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Interior Pics of the Nordic 47 Cyclone......

rickdarling 02-07-2007 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Michael1 (Post 2018762)
I was also disappointed in the Laveycraft quality this year. Two years ago it was flawless. You had to really look for any defects. The decks were completely flat. The interior fit like a glove. This year, it looked a bit sloppy, like they hired a bunch of new people who didn't really know what they were doing. The Baja looked better built this year to me.

Other notables: Cigarette Top Gun 38, a well used 30' Skater cat, and two Fountains.

Michael

I didn't notice the problems with Laveycraft. There're boats are almost always flawless.

Although I may be a little bias :D - I thought the best boat of the show (in terms of bang for buck) was the staggered 35 Fountain Lightning. $188,000 for 93 MPH in a fully loaded 35 foot package....

TSPM 02-07-2007 03:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Nordic 43 Cat interior.......

Dude! Sweet! 02-07-2007 04:38 PM

I thought that big Nordic V was pretty impressive. I always think of Nordic as a lake boat company. I dug the solid white too.

I'd never seen a Laveycraft in person before. I was blown away by the fit and finish on that boat as well as the common sense that went into the rigging and ammenaties.

We were pretty disappointed that Formula didn't see fit to bring a single performance boat.

Rik 02-07-2007 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by TSPM (Post 2018793)
Correct....and yes the cat and Big V are not yet completely finished ....they just made it to the show in time as in the present state.....at least they had them there.

I'm suprised no one has commented on the bottom of the V. It has no strakes, but yet it is not a straight dihedral bottom.

Dude! Sweet! 02-07-2007 06:27 PM

The boat is sitting on the floor (no trailer) in the back corner of the hall. It's kind of hard to see the bottom! I'm sorry I missed it.

TSPM 02-08-2007 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 2019110)
TSPM,

Did you see the new Revolution Redline 26 cat? Do you have a pic of it?

No....I am not familiar with that boat. I was not at the show. I posted pics sent to us from the factory for the Nordics as we are the East Coast dealer for NORDIC / CYCLONE and ADRENALINE as well.

TSPM 02-08-2007 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! (Post 2018904)
I thought that big Nordic V was pretty impressive. I always think of Nordic as a lake boat company. I dug the solid white too.

The 47 is killer and is a fantastic rough water boat. Nordic started in 1966 building jet boats for lake and river applications. Over the years they have expanded to ocean running boats. They won several Catalina skee race championships which take place on ocean waters. We have several Nordics running ocean water on the East Coast and they run very well. Up until now the 35V was their largest offering but now have developed a 32 Cat ( available late Spring), 43 Cat, 42 V and a 47 Race / Poker Run . Also new in the line up is their 26 deck boat and the 27 Thor Cat. The new owner Randy Davis has revamped the entire company since his take over a little over a year and a half ago. His goal has been to offer state of the art, high quality machines at resonable pricing. He seems to be well on his way to achieving that goal.

cosmic12 02-08-2007 08:52 AM

Is Lonnie still around? I used to deal with him alot back when I had the dealership up here in Syr. N.Y.. Great guy and alota fun

TSPM 02-08-2007 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2019625)
Is Lonnie still around? I used to deal with him alot back when I had the dealership up here in Syr. N.Y.. Great guy and alota fun

Yup he is still running things. Great guy to deal with.

thisistank 02-08-2007 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by TSPM (Post 2018391)
Got these today from from the Nordic Factory GM........although they are poor quality :(
This is the NEW 43 CAT
I will try to get some better shots.

WOW! The hull of that cat sure looks a lot like a Skater!! :rolleyes:

OL40SVX 02-08-2007 12:59 PM

And the deck like an MTI, besides the middle part.

Stormrider 02-08-2007 01:11 PM

where can more info about the clyclone line be found?

Cash Bar 02-08-2007 01:26 PM

I think you are all wrong, the 43' looks like the as-yet unreleased 42' Spectre that Scott Conrad is building.....:cool:

Dude! Sweet! 02-08-2007 01:39 PM

Saw photos of the big Spectre at the show. Looks like a serious hot rod! I guess we'll find out in a month or so.

Strip Poker 388 02-08-2007 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by TSPM (Post 2018395)
47 CYCLONE Race Boat / Poker Run

thats sleek looking ,anymore picks?

TSPM 02-08-2007 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2019957)
where can more info about the clyclone line be found?

Right now through dealers like us. Much more info will follow in the weeks and months ahead.

TSPM 02-08-2007 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2020005)
thats sleek looking ,anymore picks?

I will try to get more pics up as I get them.

thisistank 02-08-2007 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR (Post 2019979)
I think you are all wrong, the 43' looks like the as-yet unreleased 42' Spectre that Scott Conrad is building.....:cool:

I'm thinking if you dropped that boat into a Skater mold it just might fit!:eek: :rolleyes:

bobl 02-08-2007 05:17 PM

You're correct. That is a Skater bottom. Nordic purchased the rights to use it from them. They tooled the top themselves. At least that is the way Nordic explained it to me.

Strip Poker 388 02-08-2007 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by TSPM (Post 2020026)
I will try to get more pics up as I get them.

thisistank 02-08-2007 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by bobl (Post 2020307)
You're correct. That is a Skater bottom. Nordic purchased the rights to use it from them. They tooled the top themselves. At least that is the way Nordic explained it to me.

Hmm, well, if that is the case, cool! If not.....UH-OH!:eek:

HUSTLEthis 02-08-2007 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2020547)
Hmm, well, if that is the case, cool! If not.....UH-OH!:eek:

No worries there Tank....Randy Davis is straight up.
The 47 is supposed to be great for the Catalina ski race too, word has it the wake is great for the skier...

Tom