SNEAK PEEK - Cigarette 55' Super Yacht

Notices

SNEAK PEEK - Cigarette 55' Super Yacht

Old 02-14-2007, 12:10 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by super termoli
Numarine is trying to move towards the 100'+ market.
They have a few 55' projects they're dedicated to
Old 02-14-2007, 12:12 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Outcast1
Looks like the boat mfg. is going the way of the automotive industry did and offshoring more american jobs. It's not the quality they're looking for it's the pennies on the dollar labor.
not even close. the yard was chosen becasue of thier level of workmanship and composite technology.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by puder
not even close. the yard was chosen becasue of thier level of workmanship and composite technology.
Read a few issues of Professional Boatbuilder magazine, it all boils down to cost. Most of the infusion and core technology they use comes from over here, ie: Diab.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
They did that with
1st with skater to build there fast fountain cat race boat
2nd with mti to build there first production cat

Sorry, had to stir the pot

wasnt over seas
Old 02-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so first the nre record setter went to skater, and now this one goes overseas. but there both cigarettes.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by puder
The idea was to biuld a yacht worthy of the cigarette name.
The craftsmanship in alot of these yachts ECLIPSES ANYTHING by any performance builder. Including all my personal favorites. Our industry seems to spend more time on function than form, whereas the majority of true high end yachts achieve both. Not trying to be negative, just the awful truth.

Last edited by Anarchy Powerboats; 02-15-2007 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Reversed form and function to clarify point.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
The craftsmanship in alot of these yachts ECLIPSES ANYTHING by any performance builder. Including all my personal favorites. Our industry seems to spend more time on form than function, unfortunatly. Not trying to be negative, just the awful truth.
MBR,

Craftsmanship has nothing to do with form vs function. Craftmanship is the quality to which something is built and form vs function is how good it looks vs how usable it is.
It is like arguing a Ferrari doesn't have much storage space because it wasn't built well.
The Cruiser market is built to different standards since it will be used differently. Go fast boats are built to go fast and their utility value is secondary. How would a cruiser stay together if it was run WFO for an hour in 3-4 footers?
I understand what you were trying to say but think you are comparing two different boats for two different uses.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Registered

Metal Bros, I would say quite the opposite. Performance builders concentrate more on function than form. If you look at the performance boat design, its evolution is slower than the design of cruisers and motoryachts. Look at Sunseekers just as an example. Few would disagree that their design is way more elaborate than that of your average offshore boat.

Besides, compare a mid 90s Sunseeker to present production and an untrained eye can't even see that it's the same manufacturer. Compare a mid 90s Cig TG to a new boat and it's pretty much the same thing.

And I think it's better that they concentrate on function because the stress that we put on our offshores is tremendous. Jupiter is absolutely right: take out an Azimut or a Sunseeker for some playtime in the rough and I bet that you'll be walking around with a screwdriver afterwards. Things will come loose, fall apart, get unstuck, gelcoat will crack, etc. All these things are common occurences on big cruisers and crew are used to dealing with this stuff on a daily basis. Meanwhile, all this would be considered unacceptable on a performance boat.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered

Point taken guys and I do agree, I was attempting a play on words by reversing the two and forgot to do it The boat I'm in right now is a classic example of the point I'm trying to make, it looks great from a couple of boat lengths away but you cant see the horrible fit and finish and the 2nd rate gel or the fact they used cardboard strips with resin over it to support my rigging. I think if you tried any of that chit in a German shipyard they would string you up with one of the cranes.
So yeah I reversed the two words to clarify.

Metal
Old 02-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sticking with the 50 Magnum Bestia

Quick Reply: SNEAK PEEK - Cigarette 55' Super Yacht

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.