Like Tree0Likes

Wicked Batman MTI in Miami

Reply
Old 02-21-2007, 03:04 PM
  #91
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
My Boats: 2004 29 Outlaw
Posts: 2,793
Default

Kind of what I was wondering
jmeng is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:17 PM
  #92
Registered
 
44MTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-Dock
My Boats: 08' 44 MTI
Posts: 3,128
Default

Because it wasn't built as a display. He built it to run, but after he saw the final product, He is CONSIDERING not running it. This has been a last minute call as the boat was only finished days before it left for Miami.
44MTI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:50 PM
  #93
Registered
 
TSPM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ~ Long Island ~ NY
My Boats: PREMIER PERFORMANCE BOAT DEALERSHIP
Posts: 3,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42MTI View Post
Because it wasn't built as a display. He built it to run, but after he saw the final product, He is CONSIDERING not running it. This has been a last minute call as the boat was only finished days before it left for Miami.
I figure he could pull the power and put it in the next one he builds. How about a "GHOST RIDER BOAT" ?

Anyone see that movie....it was great and would make a great theme boat.
TSPM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:58 PM
  #94
Charter Member #34
Charter Member
 
Dock Holiday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Beautiful North Carolina
Posts: 7,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSPM View Post
I figure he could pull the power and put it in the next one he builds. How about a "GHOST RIDER BOAT" ?

Anyone see that movie....it was great and would make a great theme boat.
We saw it last Saturday and the wife said the exact same thing leaving the theater.

"Ghost Rider" Theme would be cool.
Dock Holiday is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:00 PM
  #95
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member
 
SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Sharkey-Images.com
Posts: 19,672
Default

Actually I am not surprised.

The boat is a real show piece and I couldn't imagine the side of it accidentally hitting a barnacle filled piling.

Besides, a black boat and the hot Florida sun don't mix well for comfortable boating...
__________________
www.TimSharkey.com/

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
SHARKEY-IMAGES is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:49 PM
  #96
Registered
 
cosmic12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Syracuse N.Y.
My Boats: Dreaming of a 32 AT
Posts: 4,951
Default

I'm not suprized at all, that was the first thing I thought also Black hull HOT-HOT-HOT. It would be a shame to scratch the paint, I can't imagine the time it took to do that detail. Maybe its for the best to make it a show boat
cosmic12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:25 PM
  #97
Registered
 
super termoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 647
Default

How about this theme for a boat: no BS, all business offshore powerboat. That would be quite refreshing.

As much as I admire the craftsmanship, I'm not a kid anymore and batman, spiderman etc. don't do it for me. If the guy is planning to hang it up in his mall, great because those wings and that steering wheel are pimples in the face of what is otherwise a serious piece of kit.

I mean, come on people... what would you say if you saw wings like that in the back of someone's porsche or ferrari? would you find it cool???

MTI spends hundreds of hours and tons of $$$ to make sure that their boats are among the best. And then a guy comes along and says: that's great guys but what I really want is a batboat with wings an'all". I am not sure Pete Hledin would built it. And I am very sure that Fabio Buzzi would kick you out of his shipyard no matter how much cash you waved at him...
super termoli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:59 AM
  #98
Registered
 
Downtown42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 1 Flu Ovr KuKos Nest-WI
My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD
Posts: 9,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismo10 View Post
Remember this boat from last years Miami show? It's for sale I guess.
I think Shogren has it for sale 499k.
Downtown42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:05 PM
  #99
PF Marine
Platinum Member
 
Coolerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyper340 View Post
And the not so good news... The boat is rumored to have been purchased to, get this, hang at the Mall of America and NOT be driven!
Putting it in Mall of America? Crazy stuff. When is it going to be at the Mall of America?
Coolerman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:18 PM
  #100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
rainmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Manahawkin, NJ
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by super termoli View Post
How about this theme for a boat: no BS, all business offshore powerboat. That would be quite refreshing.

As much as I admire the craftsmanship, I'm not a kid anymore and batman, spiderman etc. don't do it for me. If the guy is planning to hang it up in his mall, great because those wings and that steering wheel are pimples in the face of what is otherwise a serious piece of kit.

I mean, come on people... what would you say if you saw wings like that in the back of someone's porsche or ferrari? would you find it cool???

MTI spends hundreds of hours and tons of $$$ to make sure that their boats are among the best. And then a guy comes along and says: that's great guys but what I really want is a batboat with wings an'all". I am not sure Pete Hledin would built it. And I am very sure that Fabio Buzzi would kick you out of his shipyard no matter how much cash you waved at him...

Couldn't agree more. IMO, it's Orange County Choppers, taken to a whole new level of $$$.
rainmn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jeff32
General Boating Discussion
25
04-16-2007 11:42 AM
Jupiter Sunsation
General Boating Discussion
1
07-09-2006 11:31 PM
lanpln
General Boating Discussion
15
02-22-2006 11:27 PM
Wasabe
General Boating Discussion
27
07-22-2005 12:47 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.