Wicked Batman MTI in Miami

Old 02-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kind of what I was wondering
Old 02-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Registered

Because it wasn't built as a display. He built it to run, but after he saw the final product, He is CONSIDERING not running it. This has been a last minute call as the boat was only finished days before it left for Miami.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 42MTI
Because it wasn't built as a display. He built it to run, but after he saw the final product, He is CONSIDERING not running it. This has been a last minute call as the boat was only finished days before it left for Miami.
I figure he could pull the power and put it in the next one he builds. How about a "GHOST RIDER BOAT" ?

Anyone see that movie....it was great and would make a great theme boat.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by TSPM
I figure he could pull the power and put it in the next one he builds. How about a "GHOST RIDER BOAT" ?

Anyone see that movie....it was great and would make a great theme boat.
We saw it last Saturday and the wife said the exact same thing leaving the theater.

"Ghost Rider" Theme would be cool.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:00 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Actually I am not surprised.

The boat is a real show piece and I couldn't imagine the side of it accidentally hitting a barnacle filled piling.

Besides, a black boat and the hot Florida sun don't mix well for comfortable boating...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered

I'm not suprized at all, that was the first thing I thought also Black hull HOT-HOT-HOT. It would be a shame to scratch the paint, I can't imagine the time it took to do that detail. Maybe its for the best to make it a show boat
Old 02-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Registered

How about this theme for a boat: no BS, all business offshore powerboat. That would be quite refreshing.

As much as I admire the craftsmanship, I'm not a kid anymore and batman, spiderman etc. don't do it for me. If the guy is planning to hang it up in his mall, great because those wings and that steering wheel are pimples in the face of what is otherwise a serious piece of kit.

I mean, come on people... what would you say if you saw wings like that in the back of someone's porsche or ferrari? would you find it cool???

MTI spends hundreds of hours and tons of $$$ to make sure that their boats are among the best. And then a guy comes along and says: that's great guys but what I really want is a batboat with wings an'all". I am not sure Pete Hledin would built it. And I am very sure that Fabio Buzzi would kick you out of his shipyard no matter how much cash you waved at him...
Old 02-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pismo10
Remember this boat from last years Miami show? It's for sale I guess.
I think Shogren has it for sale 499k.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:05 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Vyper340
And the not so good news... The boat is rumored to have been purchased to, get this, hang at the Mall of America and NOT be driven!
Putting it in Mall of America? Crazy stuff. When is it going to be at the Mall of America?
Old 02-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by super termoli
How about this theme for a boat: no BS, all business offshore powerboat. That would be quite refreshing.

As much as I admire the craftsmanship, I'm not a kid anymore and batman, spiderman etc. don't do it for me. If the guy is planning to hang it up in his mall, great because those wings and that steering wheel are pimples in the face of what is otherwise a serious piece of kit.

I mean, come on people... what would you say if you saw wings like that in the back of someone's porsche or ferrari? would you find it cool???

MTI spends hundreds of hours and tons of $$$ to make sure that their boats are among the best. And then a guy comes along and says: that's great guys but what I really want is a batboat with wings an'all". I am not sure Pete Hledin would built it. And I am very sure that Fabio Buzzi would kick you out of his shipyard no matter how much cash you waved at him...

Couldn't agree more. IMO, it's Orange County Choppers, taken to a whole new level of $$$.

Quick Reply: Wicked Batman MTI in Miami

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.