Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain Miami Show sales (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/152076-fountain-miami-show-sales.html)

THEJOKER 02-25-2007 09:24 AM

Louise and Greg are married and getting ready to have a baby boy , any day now. I'm a Georgia boy , always have been. Too bad we couldn't of furthered our business relationship. I always liked the whole concept behind Concept!

THEJOKER 02-25-2007 09:24 AM

oops......Greg and Louise live in Sarasota!

DaveP 02-25-2007 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Concept (Post 2038032)
"he explained" - that would be a "she"

And she's hot :D

fountain1fan 02-25-2007 12:05 PM

thanks mrs susan some of reall enjoy your insight in to the boat sales world . robbie

racinfever 02-25-2007 04:55 PM

A friend of mine went to Miami Boat Show to complete a pending order he had on a 38 Fountain and was told they had a 12% increase since the initial order was placed which would result in $36K increase. He took his check and said "no thanks"!! Seems like everytime they produce a new product like the 35 staggered or the 100 mph 38, their response is to raise prices. The good news is it reinforces the used fountain boat market!

DaveP 02-25-2007 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by fountain1fan (Post 2038230)
thanks mrs susan some of reall enjoy your insight in to the boat sales world . robbie

That would be MISS Susan and that would make her HOT and AVAILABLE! :D

Send her a brief resume, job description and most importantly a picture of your boat :p :D

Back4More 02-25-2007 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by racinfever (Post 2038471)
A friend of mine went to Miami Boat Show to complete a pending order he had on a 38 Fountain and was told they had a 12% increase since the initial order was placed which would result in $36K increase. He took his check and said "no thanks"!! Seems like everytime they produce a new product like the 35 staggered or the 100 mph 38, their response is to raise prices. The good news is it reinforces the used fountain boat market!

About time the prices went up....

FeverMike 02-25-2007 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by racinfever (Post 2038471)
A friend of mine went to Miami Boat Show to complete a pending order he had on a 38 Fountain and was told they had a 12% increase since the initial order was placed which would result in $36K increase. He took his check and said "no thanks"!!

I call BS. If this guy really had a pending order/contract on a boat before the show the price would be held. If he was going to the show just to pick out colors or something and had a deposit like you say he did the price would be held.

If he just talked with his dealer before the show and no contract or deposits were taken and then he shows up at the show and there was a price increase how is that Fountains fault?

I had been talking losely to my Fountain dealer about possibly looking at a new boat for the 3 weeks leading up to the show. I was informed that there was going to be a price increase at the show like there is every year, nothing new.