Like Tree0Likes

Has the Classified section been Hijacked by SCAMERS?

Reply
Old 03-06-2007, 11:39 AM
  #41
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
36spectre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Princeton, new jersey
My Boats: Fast Boats (surprised ?)
Posts: 589
Default

HEY GREAT NEWS...they shipped my Ranger Rover today!!! Here is my most recent e-mail.....


Dear Oscar Fischer,



We will instruct the start the shipping process today.
The car will be shipped with DAS (Dependable Auto
Shippers ) and will take 7 working days to receive it.
The title and an adequate bill of sale will be forwarded to you via insured express courier.

You can then proceed with registration normally.


Thank you for your participation in the eBay community. I wish you the best with your future transactions. We are committed to making your eBay experiences pleasant and fulfilling.


Sincerely,
Cabe J.

eBay Safe Harbor
Customer Specialist
36spectre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:12 PM
  #42
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36spectre View Post
Hey, got my bill for my new Ranger Rover....I'll get that money into my paypal accouant ASAP
......SEE IT'S NOT A SCAM !!!!! L O L






From: eBay Safe Harbor <[email protected]> Save Address Reminder

To: [email protected]
Subject: Your invoice for eBay Safe Harbor - item 2006 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER HSE #SALMF13476A204908
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 04:44:36 +0000 [View Source]



eBay sent this message to Oscar Fischer.
Your full name is included to show this message originated from eBay's Safe Harbor Service.
Here's the invoice for your item, Oscar Fischer!


Dear Oscar Fischer,
Thank you for your purchase. The total for your item(s) below is $ 44,480.00.



As a protective measure for the parties involved in this transaction the funds will be held in a bank account managed by eBay's agents until you receive the item(s) ordered.
All the details required to successfully transfer the funds to the established account will be sent to you shortly.






Invoice # Item Title Qty. Price
293843165 2006 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER HSE #SALMF13476A204908 1 $ 44,000.00



Subtotal: 44,000.00
Shipping and handling via Sellers Standard International Rate:
$ 480.00
Shipping insurance (required): $

Total: $ 44,480.00


Please email the seller at [email protected] if you have any questions.


Important Information

eBay Safe Harbor's protection program guards you against such problems as misrepresentation,
hidden damage, undisclosed damage, non-delivery, delayed shipping, shipments damaged and/or
stolen in transit.
To guard against any such event, you are given a period of 15 days to inspect the contents of
the shipment for signs of the above and request a refund. Refund requests are processed within
3 working days.



If you need further information, please do not hesitate

Hey that is my Range Rover. I'l split it with you. You drive it sunday's. I'll take it on friday night.

Did the guy call you and tell you how he really wanted to sell it to you because you gave him a good vibe?
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:14 PM
  #43
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36spectre View Post
Hey, got my bill for my new Ranger Rover....I'll get that money into my paypal accouant ASAP
......SEE IT'S NOT A SCAM !!!!! L O L






From: eBay Safe Harbor <[email protected]> Save Address Reminder

To: [email protected]
Subject: Your invoice for eBay Safe Harbor - item 2006 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER HSE #SALMF13476A204908
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 04:44:36 +0000 [View Source]



eBay sent this message to Oscar Fischer.
Your full name is included to show this message originated from eBay's Safe Harbor Service.
Here's the invoice for your item, Oscar Fischer!


Dear Oscar Fischer,
Thank you for your purchase. The total for your item(s) below is $ 44,480.00.



As a protective measure for the parties involved in this transaction the funds will be held in a bank account managed by eBay's agents until you receive the item(s) ordered.
All the details required to successfully transfer the funds to the established account will be sent to you shortly.






Invoice # Item Title Qty. Price
293843165 2006 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER HSE #SALMF13476A204908 1 $ 44,000.00



Subtotal: 44,000.00
Shipping and handling via Sellers Standard International Rate:
$ 480.00
Shipping insurance (required): $

Total: $ 44,480.00


Please email the seller at [email protected] if you have any questions.


Important Information

eBay Safe Harbor's protection program guards you against such problems as misrepresentation,
hidden damage, undisclosed damage, non-delivery, delayed shipping, shipments damaged and/or
stolen in transit.
To guard against any such event, you are given a period of 15 days to inspect the contents of
the shipment for signs of the above and request a refund. Refund requests are processed within
3 working days.



If you need further information, please do not hesitate
Isn't it convenient that our transaction numbers are the same? These guys aren't even smart enough to change the sequence numbers.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:22 PM
  #44
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
36spectre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Princeton, new jersey
My Boats: Fast Boats (surprised ?)
Posts: 589
Default

jeff,
your right....same #'s, but i didn't get any calls about my vibe yet!!! love how he did not even get my name right.

can OSO find them thru the credit card they used to pay for the ad....or was their credit card a fraud also?

otto
36spectre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:41 PM
  #45
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36spectre View Post
jeff,
your right....same #'s, but i didn't get any calls about my vibe yet!!! love how he did not even get my name right.

can OSO find them thru the credit card they used to pay for the ad....or was their credit card a fraud also?

otto
which card? which identity?
OffshoreOnly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:50 PM
  #46
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

According to ebay, none of this stuff originated from their servers. I have requested n investigation to try and go back through the address they sent these emails from. Please send a request from yourself also.

This stuff also seems to correspond to earlier postings in this fraud thread. I actually have a phone number that he called me from in my caller ID. I am posting it on this thread so that I don't loose it and also so others can help with the investigation 5035640544.

I would really like to know exactly what was going on from the beginning on this.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:53 PM
  #47
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
36spectre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Princeton, new jersey
My Boats: Fast Boats (surprised ?)
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffshoreOnly View Post
which card? which identity?

if they payed for the ad with a credit card you should have all their info....plus you should also have their IP address...yes??
36spectre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:04 PM
  #48
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1000man View Post
According to ebay, none of this stuff originated from their servers. I have requested n investigation to try and go back through the address they sent these emails from. Please send a request from yourself also.

This stuff also seems to correspond to earlier postings in this fraud thread. I actually have a phone number that he called me from in my caller ID. I am posting it on this thread so that I don't loose it and also so others can help with the investigation 5035640544.

I would really like to know exactly what was going on from the beginning on this.
thats netzero, it's a routing system, the same as you can hide an ip through routers. 503 is an area code for Beaverton oregon.
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:21 PM
  #49
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
36spectre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Princeton, new jersey
My Boats: Fast Boats (surprised ?)
Posts: 589
Default Beaverton????

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin View Post
thats netzero, it's a routing system, the same as you can hide an ip through routers. 503 is an area code for Beaverton oregon.
Get the bats.... road trip
36spectre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:38 PM
  #50
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36spectre View Post
Get the bats.... road trip
No ****. I mean as flagrant as this is, I wonder if they actually have had anyone send them money?
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
clearcut3
Technical Issues
10
09-10-2015 02:47 AM
paxtonsc
Powerquest
2
05-23-2008 07:53 AM
Charmed1
General Boating Discussion
2
03-09-2006 07:25 AM
fountain333
Pantera
0
07-24-2005 08:28 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.