Notices

Launch with a crane ?

Old 03-06-2007, 05:54 PM
  #11  
MES
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LOTO
Posts: 176
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 View Post
I could understand if was an all day job, but it's 10 minutes work I just pull through the first drive through full service truck(semi) wash and they will hose down the truck, trailer, and boat for $50.
You also forgot to mention that they are open 24/7. Is that the famous Wildwood Truck Wash?
MES is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:56 PM
  #12  
Charter Member#203
Charter Member
 
Pete B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ft.Myers, Fl/ Atlanta, Ga/ Worldwide
Posts: 15,644
Received 528 Likes on 168 Posts
Default

It may only be a 10 minute job, but have checked out the costs of cranes?? and a operator?? And cost of repair if something does break, and possible lost revenue, if unit is down awaiting parts. I would think the organization gets a certain deal for the weekend then charges the participants what they feel that service is worth. Again not sure of all the spec in this situation.

I can say while in a remote area the only crane available to lift a piece of equipment we had broke, and we needed the lift to happen, closest crane capable was 400 miles away, the charge was $13000 for about 2 hrs lifting, and the rest driving back and forth. the orginal quote $18000.
Pete B is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 PM
  #13  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
iTrader: (3)
 
tomtbone1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LAKE CONROE, TX
Posts: 15,490
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

this one didn't go so well......
Attached Files
File Type: pps
CraneIncidentPH.pps (1.95 MB, 157 views)
tomtbone1993 is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 06:37 PM
  #14  
Registered
 
HPJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Stillman Valley Ill
Posts: 566
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Still high .
HPJunkie is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 08:36 PM
  #15  
Registered
Platinum Member
 
THEJOKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lake Lanier - N. Georgia
Posts: 6,307
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hanging out at the cranes is almost as fun as hanging out at the ramp. Nothing funnier than to see nice boats w/ the straps on wrong , bow down and the boat not level!
THEJOKER is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 08:44 PM
  #16  
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member
 
WARPARTY36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: E DOCK GLOC, OK
Posts: 3,869
Likes: 0
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
It may only be a 10 minute job, but have checked out the costs of cranes?? and a operator?? And cost of repair if something does break, and possible lost revenue, if unit is down awaiting parts. I would think the organization gets a certain deal for the weekend then charges the participants what they feel that service is worth. Again not sure of all the spec in this situation.

I can say while in a remote area the only crane available to lift a piece of equipment we had broke, and we needed the lift to happen, closest crane capable was 400 miles away, the charge was $13000 for about 2 hrs lifting, and the rest driving back and forth. the orginal quote $18000.
I could understand the price if you called a mobile crane just for you, but it should not cost that much with a permanent crane at a marina.
WARPARTY36 is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 08:58 PM
  #17  
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 11,464
Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 View Post
I could understand if was an all day job, but it's 10 minutes work I just pull through the first drive through full service truck(semi) wash and they will hose down the truck, trailer, and boat for $50.
just dont let the valets park the truck
offshoredrillin is offline  
Old 03-07-2007, 02:00 AM
  #18  
Lynch Mob Racing
Platinum Member
 
Hot Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ocean City, MD
Posts: 2,703
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

No matter how many times you use the crane, it still makes you cringe to see your boat swinging in the air!
Attached Thumbnails Launch with a crane ?-seaside-heights-07.jpg   Launch with a crane ?-seaside-heights-09.jpg  
Hot Duck is offline  
Old 03-07-2007, 09:11 AM
  #19  
Registered
 
hunster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: oceanport nj
Posts: 1,626
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sakoutis3 View Post
I like NYC I just go by water.
After the travel lift puts your boat in the water cuz you don't even have a trailer to back the pumpkin down the ramp! You gonna get a lift this year?
hunster is offline  
Old 03-07-2007, 09:40 AM
  #20  
Registered
 
sakoutis3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Colts Neck,NJ
Posts: 2,149
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hunster View Post
After the travel lift puts your boat in the water cuz you don't even have a trailer to back the pumpkin down the ramp! You gonna get a lift this year?
I might get a lift. The travel lift don't cost me anything its unlimited in and outs.
sakoutis3 is offline  

Quick Reply: Launch with a crane ?


OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser