Anyone ever deal with MarineMax of N.Y?

Notices

Anyone ever deal with MarineMax of N.Y?

Old 03-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmys 288
I don't have any of the details of the transaction. I just know that they are trying to get in to a much bigger/more expensive than they have now.

I've heard the horror stories of someone going in trading their boat in on something else and the broker never pays off the original loan but sells the boat and now the person is stuck with two loans to pay on. I just don't want that happening to my friend.
Jimmys 288,

You friend does not have anything to worry about with MarineMax. Buying and servicing a boat became a much easier task for consumers around the country after Boating Industry magazine developed their "Top 100 Dealer" awards and ranked marine dealers that are unsurpassed in overall business operations, customer service, marketing and professionalism. Their goal was to direct consumers to dealers that can best deliver on the dream that boat ownership promises. MarineMax has been honored with the ranking of #1 the past two years in a row. If there is anything that I can do to help your friend, please PM me.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered

Again, I believe every Marine Max can be different. However I sold a boat to them in Dec. and it is still in my name even though I know a person that purchased it cash back in Dec or Jan. They have pointed fingers back and forth on where the problem is but I know the boat is still registered in my name and the current owner still doesn't have a title.

Chris
Old 03-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

I've heard the horror stories of someone going in trading their boat in on something else and the broker never pays off the original loan but sells the boat and now the person is stuck with two loans to pay on. I just don't want that happening to my friend.
I can tell you that in 98% of all deals I finance, I make sure that we (Essex Credit) are the ones paying off loans on boats. The remaining 2% are the few dealers that are without a doubt 1000% trustworthy when it comes to payoffs and clear titles.

Surfside 3 / Now Marine Max NY is one of the 2% that I would totally trust with payoffs and clear titles. We have been in business for 26 yrs and NEVER had a problem with the folks on Long Island.

The main office in Lindernhurst is VERY IMPRESSIVE and I think most dealers should strive to have such a location run so well.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Chriswithaboat
Again, I believe every Marine Max can be different. However I sold a boat to them in Dec. and it is still in my name even though I know a person that purchased it cash back in Dec or Jan. They have pointed fingers back and forth on where the problem is but I know the boat is still registered in my name and the current owner still doesn't have a title.

Chris
Chris,

PM me with the details and I will get to the bottom of it for you.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by firstoffshore
Chris,

PM me with the details and I will get to the bottom of it for you.
PM sent
Old 03-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Registered

when I was looking I stopped by one in the D.C. area and the one in brick NJ. the salesmen I talked to were really nice and didnt look down on me because I only had a relatively small budget.they are definitely some of the best compared to some of the other dealers I had the misfortune of meeting. Its a huge company they didnt get that way by accident
Old 03-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by psychoboater
when I was looking I stopped by one in the D.C. area and the one in brick NJ. the salesmen I talked to were really nice and didnt look down on me because I only had a relatively small budget.they are definitely some of the best compared to some of the other dealers I had the misfortune of meeting. Its a huge company they didnt get that way by accident
Thanks psychoboater...please let us know if we can help. I run the Brick location and we appreciate your vote of confidence.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Registered

I think I am hearing you loud and clear.

Do you mind PMing me with details?
They had a shop guy named Kenneth that looked into the first 496HO that let go in my 30' Kachina, he told me it had grenaded and Merc was stepping up with a new engine, great or so I thought. His idea of a new engine and mine are completely different, Merc sent a long block and not a new on the skid engine but that still isn't the problem. They put it together and told me it was ready, I go to the lake with my friend Jeremy's family onboard and the boat wouldn't even get on plane. I took it to my friend Brett and he told me that it wasn't a new engine and just a longblock it was only after that the shop Mgr Kenneth fessed up that "yeah it was not a complete new engine" this is after he told me in his own words that it was. It's doublespeak and it's a lie. New engine is just that, new engine. A long block is just that, a long block. A long block does not make your engine new, it makes it "reconditioned" if anything. These are the scum that give the marine industry a bad name , people who speak in half truths and outright lies.
Their is a bright side though, I still have a buddy that works there who is a good guy, reminds me of the OSO type folk that really enjoy boating and the lifestyle of a die-hard boater, we still conduct trade when we can and it's always nice to see him. Another good thing that came out of the bad part of my MM experience is that I met Phil Bergeron Jr and Ben @ Outdoor Sports in Prescott AZ, both of these guys have their **** together and are great to deal with. Ben will be doing my service before the official commencemnent of my season, Phil Jr is back working for his old mans shop in Mesa AZ.