Notices

Labor Day Accident

Old 03-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bonds, I understand that people need to know but I think it is now pretty much esatblished that this was an accident, a terrible tragic accident, but nothing but an accident.

Personally, if it became obvious that it is an accident, that no foul play was involved and there were no claims issues, I wouldn't care whether the drive failed or whether steering let go or whether it was just driver error.

Fact is that people must accept risks of life and that accidents are going to happen as long as people continue going 150 mph in boats, 700 mph up in the air, etc. All these activities are risky business and people tend to forget that and take it for granted that everything will be just fine. As long as we have pleasure boats capable of easily outrunning race boats, with open cockpits and virtually no safety gear, we must accept that every now and then a terrible tragedy is going to happen.

People must accept that running 100+ mph in a completely open boat on a lake which is not a controlled environment and on a course which is not closed is not to be taken lightly, it is "pushing the envelope". And there are risks attached to that, risks that we must evaluate before it's too late.

So my heart goes out to everyone involved but the only lesson we can learn from this is that going real fast in a boat is dangerous and that we must constantly remind ourselves of this fact and be extra careful especially when family is aboard as sh** usually happens when you become confident and drop your guard.

ST
Old 03-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very well said S.T........
Old 03-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Registered

Jason Mineo just called me and told me that Bonds is indeed a legitimate friend of the family so my apologies if I seemed hostile toward you Sir. Jason also stated that there is ongoing litigation but with the Mineo's it is only defense, I'll leave the details to Jason as it is not my place, he said he will be posting under his Fathers screen name soon.

Last edited by Anarchy Powerboats; 03-17-2007 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Clear things up.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
Jason Mineo just called me and told me that Bonds is indeed a legitimate friend of the family so my apologies if I seemed hostile toward you Sir. Jason also stated that there is ongoing litigation but with the Mineo's it is only defense as the sole survivor on FG is suing all parties, I'll leave the details to Jason as it is not my place, he said he will be posting under his Fathers screen name soon.
Pardon me, but I don't believe there were any survivors on Flash Gordon.

you all say it was an accident so it should be left alone, I am not sure why you think because it was an "accident" it should be left alone. There are differnt types of accidents in life some caused by mechanical faliures, some caused by carelessness, recklessness, inexperience, weather etc. If you guys had a family member or friend that was killed or hurt in an "accident" I am sure you would want to know what caused it and if you felt the other party was at fault you would be expecting compensation. Just because you are on a 100 MPH boat does not mean that someone else can not cause you harm, "by accident", and you should have the same rights to pursue what happend as anyone else does.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 03-16-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bonds ... are you telling us your not a lawyer?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by customryder
That is my question as well. He states he is a close friend. But says he heard a "rumor" Their is a big difference from rumors and facts.

Originally Posted by BONDS
Rumor has it, the investigation is back open.
Witnesses have come forward. Any other eyewitnesses would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by BONDS
I was asked to do a favor and that is exactly what I am doing.
So, if you were "asked to do a favor", why did you start this post with "rumor has it" ??

I don't particularly feel that death and rumor belong in the same arena/thread/discussion.
Rumors don't give or bring piece of mind.
They just launch lawsuits.

EVERYONE in this community still has scars from this event last year; big or small. This was an ugly event and time for everyone. If the event is still smoldering stronger in some folks views than others, only time will allow this to flame out.
However, I don't see the need to open the door and throw in a big 5 gallon can of gasoline.

Agenda skewed = no interest in this thread.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 03-16-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Registered

I called it a rumor because we havent seen it on paper yet!!!!
we recived a phone call about the eyewitness!!! and we thought if everybody thought the case was closed they would not come forward if they where a eyewitness!!!! so i made this post to ask for help....jason has more on his plate than one person can handle so i am helping as much as i can!!! i am online more than him and i have highspeed service..where he is
they only have 56k..
Old 03-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by customryder
thats a good 1!!!!hell no im not a lawyer!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 03-16-2007, 03:22 PM

Bonds. I can understand the families loss and feeling the pain of nonclosure, I have been down that road with my family and loss of my father but sometimes there is noclosure in my case there never was, you have to expect that and we in the boating community feel the same pain of loss when we lose a fellow boater that some of us new, got together with and had a few laughs with. I feel for you and the family deeply, Investigators can find the answers sometimes, they can re open cases (Let Me Tell You That Hurts Even More!) the past comes back and the healing process gets put in reverse and when all said and done you will still be missing the people you loved. The only way is to go back and stop the accident before it happens and reality we can't do that. The shame of it all is an accident is just that an accident, we see this everyday with car accidents that could have been avoided. My heart goes out to you and the family and my prayers are with you. But remember even if they find the cause it dose't ease the pain the question will always be why? My father is dead over 20 years and the question still remains why. but there will never be closure he has perished he was my racing partner, my friend and my sons grandfather he never seen.
I dedicate everything in my life to my mom and dad that I lost to early in life. Again my prayers to all the families involved that perished that sad day at Lake TX.

Quick Reply: Labor Day Accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.