Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation? >

Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation?

Notices

Steel Buildings for Boat Storage... Condensation?

Old 03-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian, We built a 55X25 steel building. It is insulated with blanket type insulation. It never got below freezing in it all winter. I set a cup of water inside on the trailer, never so much as a skim of ice in it. Been up for 2 summers and winters, never saw any condensation on anything. Granted it may sweat, and it may be in the blanket insulation, but never saw any moisture or signs of it. Also had 6 sky lights installed in the roof. Stays light enough to do minor tasks without lights on during the day.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by excursion
So which building are you going to do???? I hope National Barn?? Spend the little extra fpr the insulation.
Have fun on the skid!!!
30x60x12 National Barn more than likely.

I have one more local Richmond builder yet to talk to, and I may see if I can chew SteelMaster down to an "end of quarter" special.

If I go with SteelMaster, I am going 35x62x15; to allow for more rom since the walls/roof slope a bit. Concrete cost goes up exponentially since a footer is required. Also, I will add an extra arch to the front of the building to create an awning type of effect, and will skin the front of the bulding to match the house; as the front is only part visible from the road.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Excavator just completed his shop. Poured a slab on grade with Wirsbo piping in the concrete . You can run a small boiler and run Glycol throgh the lines . Keeps the floor warm and moisture under control . He moves his snow covered equipment in and in no time the floor is dry .
Old 03-24-2007, 10:07 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ike
Is it better to pour the slab before you build a pole barn or does it not matter?
Just build the damn thing!!! I need a place to work on the AT. Remember....copper nails are your friend.