Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   want to buy 27 zr new for 71000usd cash no finance (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/154500-want-buy-27-zr-new-71000usd-cash-no-finance.html)

bouyhunter 03-28-2007 05:34 PM

Oh, and tc the Poncho thing - it has to do with a Camrillo Brillo.:D

dockrocker 03-28-2007 05:57 PM

I was only being half-smart-assed - I really am amazed that there seems to be little to no dealer support in Europe, even for the high-end boats.

fazznick 03-28-2007 07:31 PM

I don't know if this guy is a scammer or not. I don't think he is. There are people that make decisions quickly. My dad happens to be one of them. He once bought a bought a new 32 outlaw after looking at it for five minutes, test driveing it for 10 minutes, then putting all the junk from the old boat to the new boat. The whole deal was done in about an hour. We werent even in the market for a new boat.
It sounds like he has already made a decision but wanted to confirm that he choose correctly. He may have asked about other boats but I think he knew what he wanted to do already.

jeff1000man 03-28-2007 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by dockrocker (Post 2074079)
I was only being half-smart-assed - I really am amazed that there seems to be little to no dealer support in Europe, even for the high-end boats.

It is the taxes. If you doctor the paperwork properly, high end american autos, boats, RV's etc can be imported from over here, pay the import duty, and shiping all for less than an all out purchase over there. I used to have customers in the car business that would fly over here and buy 2or 3 and have me arrange shipping for them back to europe or amsterdam mainly.

bouyhunter 03-28-2007 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 2074271)
It is the taxes. If you doctor the paperwork properly, high end american autos, boats, RV's etc can be imported from over here, pay the import duty, and shiping all for less than an all out purchase over there. I used to have customers in the car business that would fly over here and buy 2or 3 and have me arrange shipping for them back to europe or amsterdam mainly.

Doctor the paperwork???
Please explain.

blume 03-28-2007 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by blume (Post 2073867)
I talked to this guy and I know of a dealer that talked to him, but who got the deposit and sold him the boat??

................WHO SOLD HIM THE BOAT???.......................who got a wire in FULL FOR THE BOAT?????...........DID HE BUY A BOAT??????

sellsman11 03-29-2007 10:01 AM

Call me Blume.:D

jeff1000man 03-29-2007 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2074343)
Doctor the paperwork???
Please explain.

Public forum.

hammer01 03-29-2007 04:17 PM

That's funny, I was driving across a bridge on the lake and saw a boat for sale on a lift at a dealership and said, "I love that boat, I am going to go buy it." Two buddies in the truck laughing their butt off said, "you probably will!" They dewinterized it to run it the next day and I bought it after the test run. Loved the boat!!!!!! Best one was when I traded my 2 year old runabout for a brand new Baja and on the way home called my buddy who owns the local chevy dealership and ordered a new truck in black to match the boat. That was tough to explain to the wife, she wanted the boat but could not understand why we could not tow a red/wht/black boat with a teal green truck(which matched the old boat). Duh?????

jeff1000man 03-29-2007 07:24 PM

That's funny. I once rode in a friend of mines power boat. First ride ever. Decided I needed one. Wrote a check the week later for one. Bought a brand new truck to pull it. AFTER 3 RUNS I decided it wasn't fast enough. I started upgrading the engines and finally 2 brand new ones will be here tomorrow. Talk about crazy.

I wonder how fast it will go now. I sit back and wonder some times, How come I don't have any extra cash and then I realize that I bought a powerboat.