Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Can you restore old gas? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/155129-can-you-restore-old-gas.html)

NJgr8ful 04-05-2007 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by JOHNNYD454 (Post 2083478)
This may be a stupid question but how do you guys drain the gas out of your boat?? What is the best way to do this?? Do you suck it out through the fill/vent?? Pull fuel line off and let gravity do it's job??

Let the electric fuel pump do the work ;) Pull off fuel line to the carbs, run a fuel safe hose, and pump away.

Strip Poker 388 04-05-2007 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful (Post 2083593)
Let the electric fuel pump do the work ;) Pull off fuel line to the carbs, run a fuel safe hose, and pump away.

same here:drink: It pumps pretty fast ,Last time after sucking it out I jacked up the front of the boat and got another 4 gallons. Also One pickup in the tank is deeper that the other

SkiDoc 04-06-2007 04:58 AM

Anyone ever try or know anything about the product from Starbrite called "Tron", it is supposed to help with phase seperation associated with the E-10. Supposed to have enzymes that break up and micro size the "gunk?" It was mentioned in Debartolo's column in Powerboat several months ago.

Nykamp 04-06-2007 05:49 AM

I have one of my Mech.'s come pump mine dry every spring and give him the gas for his work truck. This years he's getting some old 110.

OldSchool 04-06-2007 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle (Post 2083708)
Anyone ever try or know anything about the product from Starbrite called "Tron", it is supposed to help with phase seperation associated with the E-10. Supposed to have enzymes that break up and micro size the "gunk?" It was mentioned in Debartolo's column in Powerboat several months ago.

Never heard of that. I have been using some stuff called "Ezorb" from West Marine that is supposed to do the same thing that you're referring to. One pint of it treats 320 gallons.

Chris288 04-06-2007 08:05 AM

I used star-brite star-tron a few times last year, I can't say I noticed any difference, but after reading about people burning up fuel pumps and having problems with ethanol fuel getting brown and jelly I decided to be safe than sorry. Now I read another thread on speedwake that says they are all gimicks and that ethanol is pure junk...

outlawinil 04-06-2007 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful (Post 2083593)

How do you recommend on 500 hp carb motors? Belt driven pump.

dyno 04-06-2007 10:24 AM

Buy a cheap 12 volt fuel pump from Napa, I carry one in case one of my good pumps takes a crap they are like $20. Put some leads on it with allagator clips.

NJgr8ful 04-06-2007 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2083653)
same here:drink: It pumps pretty fast ,Last time after sucking it out I jacked up the front of the boat and got another 4 gallons. Also One pickup in the tank is deeper that the other

4 extra gals!!!! Thats precious :evilb: That'll fire up dem dare bad boy millzzz you got for a good 30secs!! :D :D :drink:

NJgr8ful 04-06-2007 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by outlawinil (Post 2083940)
How do you recommend on 500 hp carb motors? Belt driven pump.

SUCKS to be you! :D :evilb: just kidding outlawinil :drink:

I have mechanical & electrical ... try to hook up electrical like dyno suggests ... or happy sucking :eek: :D