Like Tree0Likes

Help, Phone # for Viplex Corp,Melbourne FL or Uniroyal Technology Corp

Reply
Old 04-11-2007, 05:51 PM
  #1
Rob
VIP Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Question Help, Phone # for Viplex Corp,Melbourne FL or Uniroyal Technology Corp

I found My windscreen broke today after uncovering it I am trying to find a phone # to replace it. Viplex Corp in Melbourne FL,made it .They make acrilic plastic products for the marine industry.

It may be called Uniroyal Technology Corp now? or somebody else might own them now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rob
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 04-16-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:27 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Middletown, Ct. 06457
My Boats: sutphen 33
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 View Post
I found My windscreen broke today after uncovering it I am trying to find a phone # to replace it. Viplex Corp in Melbourne FL,made it .They make acrilic plastic products for the marine industry.

It may be called Uniroyal Technology Corp now? or somebody else might own them now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rob
strip did ya try yellowpages.com?

Last edited by [email protected]; 04-11-2007 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling error
sschafee01@snet.net is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:41 PM
  #3
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 228
Default

try these guys
http://www.spartechmarine.com/ABOUT.HTML
Cevert is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:15 AM
  #4
Rob
VIP Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevert View Post


I dont think they made the original but maybe could remake it?
http://www.spartech.com/marine/windscreens/install.html


sschafee01 I tried it and couldnt find anything, they may have got out of Biz?

Thanks
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:19 AM
  #5
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
tomtbone1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LAKE CONROE, TX
My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU
Posts: 15,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 View Post
I found My windscreen broke today after uncovering it I am trying to find a phone # to replace it. Viplex Corp in Melbourne FL,made it .They make acrilic plastic products for the marine industry.

It may be called Uniroyal Technology Corp now? or somebody else might own them now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rob
sorry Bro I didn't know I was climbing all over your boat
tomtbone1993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:06 AM
  #6
Registered
Trade Score: (3)
 
BGIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: West Michigan
My Boats: 34 Saber
Posts: 1,383
Default

Good Luck Strip. I went through this with my old boat that had a Viplex windshield. From what I remember, Viplex was bought out by Spartech back around the time I was researching. Might want to call Hustler and talk real nice with them. When Baja allowed Viplex/Spartech to sell direct, Viplex sold my windshield for $800. Baja wants $2500 for the same exact thing. Pretty heavy markup if you ask me.
BGIII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:14 AM
  #7
Rob
VIP Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGIII View Post
Good Luck Strip. I went through this with my old boat that had a Viplex windshield. From what I remember, Viplex was bought out by Spartech back around the time I was researching. Might want to call Hustler and talk real nice with them. When Baja allowed Viplex/Spartech to sell direct, Viplex sold my windshield for $800. Baja wants $2500 for the same exact thing. Pretty heavy markup if you ask me.

Thats what I am figuring from Hustler 2-3k. You would figure they would be happy making the money on the sale of the boat and not 300% mark up on parts after the sale.
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:20 AM
  #8
Rob
VIP Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 View Post
sorry Bro I didn't know I was climbing all over your boat

Yea Tom you were so excited after ridding in a real fast boat thats OK


The crack started in a bolt hole, I guess its from when it was installed from the factory?
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:44 AM
  #9
Geronimo36
Gold Member
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default

$2-3K for a friggin wind screen! We are truely being ripped a new one by some of the people in the marine industry!
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
  #10
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
tomtbone1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LAKE CONROE, TX
My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU
Posts: 15,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 View Post
Yea Tom you were so excited after ridding in a real fast boat thats OK


The crack started in a bolt hole, I guess its from when it was installed from the factory?
that sucks.........you just make sure its fixed before Tickfaw. I don't want to see you driving a raggedy boat
tomtbone1993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
hpy540
General Q & A
2
03-28-2005 10:32 PM
SteveS
General Boating Discussion
18
10-16-2003 09:09 PM
GO4BROKE
General Boating Discussion
5
10-05-2003 05:12 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.