Notices

mythbusters NOW wed @ 9pm

Old 04-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
You want something banged right give it to some good old boys in the Carolinas not to dudes and a dudette from California...

What's the story on this Fountain in the woods? I'm probably way out of the loop, but I see these pics all the time, and I've never read a story on how exactly it got there. Anybody?
Old 04-19-2007, 03:30 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bsirk
What's the story on this Fountain in the woods? I'm probably way out of the loop, but I see these pics all the time, and I've never read a story on how exactly it got there. Anybody?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=77146

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=134323
Old 04-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyo
I'm guessing thats where your name comes from.
Give the man a cigar!

The boat didn't have a name before that incident, and you take a lot of $hit from your buddies, but I just let it roll off my back, and made a joke of it myself.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Was that here?? which bouy did you hit?? if there not going to light up the ones in the river..they need to make nerf bouys, theyd float, wouldnt rust and be a lot safer.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Registered

Yep Phragle, coming back in from the Port Light house.
I got a little disoriented at night coming back, and when I found the channel marker lights at the CG station, I was trying to gently get them lined up - I was watching the lights to get in the channel, ( it can get shallow out there quick if you're outside the channel) and while I'm easing back into the channel I clipped #57 Nun Bouy. Unlit, No Moon that night, or at least very little - and me concentrating on the Nav lights at the CG.
Unlit, out-of-nowhere, BANG.
Damn lucky I didn't hit head-on.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
you're just pissed because both boats that split open like eggs are both fountains...
nope jest at MB when they did the old car stunt with the rockets. it did not take off like the car in the myth. it could not they had to munch down force. the car in the myth had the rockets mounted on the side not on the roof like they had them . === full of it
Old 04-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Registered

osd i think you need to look at freeze frame dvd crashes they swam away from i see a lot more than fountain's turning to eggs .

Last edited by fountain1fan; 04-19-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:05 AM
Registered

I was highly dissapointed in the way they conducted this myth. As stated before just too many variables came into play. The boat on a track would have performed closer to what it would have in water. As a fan of the show it seems the three co-hosts are more out to produce damage than to actually prove a myth, while it's highly entertaining (see boat hiting crain) it leaves us with myths "plausible". Which to me seems completely worthless.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 236 Posts

I whacked a steel can at about 50 with a 19 Baron/Powerplay about 25 years ago.I was racing a Scarab through the narrows on Lake Macatawa and we came up on a big cruiser and the guy i was racing went right and i went left, i got caught in the wake of the cruiser and was washed into the can that appeared from behind the shadow of the cruiser.

I thought i had caved the whole front of the boat in. Nope i caught it right at the rubrail the boat just looked like a docking episode gone bad.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tommymonza
I whacked a steel can at about 50 with a 19 Baron/Powerplay about 25 years ago.I was racing a Scarab through the narrows on Lake Macatawa and we came up on a big cruiser and the guy i was racing went right and i went left, i got caught in the wake of the cruiser and was washed into the can that appeared from behind the shadow of the cruiser.

I thought i had caved the whole front of the boat in. Nope i caught it right at the rubrail the boat just looked like a docking episode gone bad.
well, that makes three of us in the club. One more and I think we're supposed to have a special handshake or something...