Like Tree0Likes

T2x???

Reply
Old 05-03-2007, 01:18 PM
  #121
Registered
 
rockstrmkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Marco Island, FL
Posts: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenige View Post
Ahora estoy mas interesado en este conversación! Sin embargo tengo más español aprender! (just in case anyone fluent comes on here and wants to start up a conversation in which I will get rapidly lost!)
Yo tambien...
rockstrmkr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:36 PM
  #122
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member
 
Racegirl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bucyrus, Ohio
My Boats: Former Boat Btch, now I just dream
Posts: 22,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
Racegirl.....
Who is Tx?...poor guy must be old
Tx is my abbreviated version of T2x because Im too lazy to keep goin back to see if the 2 goes before the x or after


1. Regarding your point 1 .... explain to me how your point 3 is "constructive criticism"

2. Again, I have agreed with you on this point in the past, however, bracket racing is pretty simple (see OPA) with cats and Vs running together (also makes for great competition - see Strictly Business/Wahoo just name one)

3. So should Haggin and others quit trying? I still find their efforts as a step in the right direction (Go John Go!) Better than not tryin at all .....

4. Of course everyone wants unity ... I think they need to put a female in charge ... we are better at communication and delegation - at least some of us (ha!)

5. See OPA

6. I disagree ... kinda .. some yes ... some no ... depends on the guy

7. Again ... depends on the people

8. I have no idea who or what your talking about there .... I musta missed that thread

9. Again ... depends on the person. It can work with one person for sure but you also run the risk of a d!ck tator who tells people they cant race in his sport because he doesnt like them ... an example comes to mind on that one too

10. No worries ... Im having too much fun to quit cheerleading ... besides ... somebodys gotta do it

See ya at another race this summer?
__________________
Bad Girls Make Good Company
Racegirl3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:59 PM
  #123
DJD
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Greenwich CT. U S of A
My Boats: 38' Cigarette, 42'Post, Driver:F2-07 Wild Child
Posts: 1,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDavid View Post
Senor Luhrs,

We'll always have Corpus Christi in our hearts,

Tu Amigo,

Estabon David
WOW! Lookie who poped by!
Hello old friend! I hope all is well.
DD
DJD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:35 PM
  #124
RBT
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka Canada
My Boats: Donzi, Pachanga, STV... the worlds fastest production lake boat @ 151.5mph
Posts: 287
Default

I know I am gonna take some heat for this, but I have and most guys I know don't consider brackets racing. I am sure it is great for some guys, but for spectators guys that are sandbaging trying not to breakout goes against my logic of racing, meaning..... fastest and first to the line wins. To me the old open was the only class worth watching. Kinda like Nascar or IRL or F1, you don't see the wanna be classes on TV.... at least not prime TV.
Offshore has always been about macho men and big ego's, but there are way to many with little man syndrome and they are washing out the real guys who act instead of showboat.

For the most part I 100% agree with T2x ( BTW the acronym "T2x" which for those of you who haven't been around long enough was the pinocle motor in inline six technology.... and a place in racing where most all the greats in offshore came from.... as they learned skills that fat wallets and huge ego's cannot buy")...... offshore is in trouble, it needs a lot of help.

Start the flaming, I am wearing my nomex.

RT
RBT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:40 PM
  #125
Registered
 
satisfactionII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: GLOC
My Boats: '96 Scarab
Posts: 2,236
Default

No more popcorn.,,,,
T2X, I'm one who respects age, expierence and opinions of all. Keep on keeping on.
I've learned a lot about this sport by reading from yours and others expierences.
satisfactionII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:10 PM
  #126
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member
 
Racegirl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bucyrus, Ohio
My Boats: Former Boat Btch, now I just dream
Posts: 22,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfactionII View Post
No more popcorn.,,,,
T2X, I'm one who respects age, expierence and opinions of all. Keep on keeping on.
I've learned a lot about this sport by reading from yours and others expierences.


Popcorns not needed. Its conversation ... you learn by conversing. Id love to hear T (even shorter version ) talk about what was good back in the day ... instead of just whats wrong with today .... point me in the direction of those threads
__________________
Bad Girls Make Good Company
Racegirl3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:13 PM
  #127
Registered
 
Sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Darien, CT
My Boats: Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPERF View Post
Rich in case you forgot im the dude on the right Next to Sgro

school bus yellow...
Sean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:18 PM
  #128
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member
 
T2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Quarry, NC
My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
Posts: 5,004
Default

Here goes.......... with civility

"1. Regarding your point 1 .... explain to me how your point 3 is "constructive criticism" "

I hope that the following is "constructive".

Television is the most important ingredient in the success of any sport, yet it has been "belittled" because no group has had any recent success with it. (Of course maybe you could say that it went straight downhill since I stopped announcing in 2001 ) I have pointed out that snowmobile racing and garden tractor repair have been able to crack the code on the Speed channel, why can't we? Answer, so many unpaid bills and unkept promises and schedules have blacklisted our sport. In addition the numerous classes and resulting confusion made the programs unwatchable to the normal viewer. Having spent countless hours in the recording booths for many of those shows, I can attest first hand to the hoops we had to jump through, just to narrate the later programs. I can also tell you that back in the earlier days with only 4 classes I had an easier time (and a better result) doing it live to tape (a much harder format than in studio).

"2. Again, I have agreed with you on this point in the past, however, bracket racing is pretty simple (see OPA) with cats and Vs running together (also makes for great competition - see Strictly Business/Wahoo just name one)"

Bracket racing is accepted and embraced by OPA. It is fashioned after the amateur drag racing classes for cars, and is very popular because you get to run side by side with your buddies...I guess. However, it is anything but simple. How do you explain that one boat beat somebody else on the race course, but went too fast...and lost? That is not "competition" it is brinksmanship..... and confusing to any real race fan. Please note the NHRA doesn't put these classes on TV.... instead they put Top Fuel and Funny car...where people actually race heads up.

"3. So should Haggin and others quit trying? I still find their efforts as a step in the right direction (Go John Go!) Better than not tryin at all ....."

I don't know Haggin, never met him...but he appears to have a lot of money, and he hands it out liberally. He seems like a generous guy and I appreciate his $10,000 contribution to Shore Dreams for Kids. He also chooses to sponsor various race boats with no discernable return other than happy race boat owners...... (which is very understandable ). He also tends to hand out items and money to some of racing's "hangers on" earning him many "supporters". However, his idea of live TV at race sites is not new, IPI sports did it in Key West and a couple of other sites in 87 or 88. The folks in the bars seemed to like it..... The Key West race was actually beamed live to Argentina in the early 90's.

To the point...What's the point?.... live on site TV doesn't (didn't) add any sponsor dollars, increase the audience, nor attract other media networks. The current spin that he is somehow going to join some of the most wealthy, powerful (and cunning) men in the world of boat racing (European Class One) and lay the wonders of AMF on them doesn't make a lot of sense either.... Heck, fix the U.S. scene first. Finally, you talk about "a step in the right direction"... IMHO As an admittedly obsolete observor from the sidelines, aside from great barbecues, the sport hasn't advanced a scintilla since his involvement and, in fact, has continued to shrink and divide. Not his fault certainly, but not a sterling victory either.


"4. Of course everyone wants unity ... I think they need to put a female in charge ... we are better at communication and delegation - at least some of us (ha!) "

Sadly "everyone" does not want unity. Many people want to control the game or take their football and go home. These people do, in fact, need to go home and take their turbines, diesels, "customized" classes, manipulations and petty agendas with them.


"5. See OPA"

See #2


"6. I disagree ... kinda .. some yes ... some no ... depends on the guy"

Last time I checked every major successful racing organization on earth is run by non racers......


"7. Again ... depends on the people"

A duck is a duck...and a committee is indecisive until long after the decision is obvious.

"8. I have no idea who or what your talking about there .... I musta missed that thread"

So you can't think of a soul with any of these attributes......?? Nice try young lady......

"9. Again ... depends on the person. It can work with one person for sure but you also run the risk of a d!ck tator who tells people they cant race in his sport because he doesnt like them ... an example comes to mind on that one too "

And I'll bet that that example fits #8 above. Look, we have found some very good leaders in years past...Gene Whipp being unquestionably the best.... and there are others. By the way even Gene...didn't race while he ran the APBA.

"10. No worries ... Im having too much fun to quit cheerleading ... besides ... somebodys gotta do it "
Cheerleaders are great eye candy....... but have little to do with the outcome of the game. Maybe you ought to try being a constructive critic....

See ya at another race this summer?

Maybe... NYC or Rhode Island... If we travel further than that Darren and I will go to a Champ Boat race instead...... you know...one class....no brackets.... great drivers.....

Last edited by T2x; 05-03-2007 at 04:49 PM.
T2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:41 PM
  #129
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
Mostly we just mumbled and stared at the sky.....
must be tough being only a few with a SS# that has 3 digits
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:22 PM
  #130
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member
 
T2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Quarry, NC
My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmark View Post
I wondered where the T2x name came from..

this is a T2x
Attached Images
 

Last edited by T2x; 05-03-2007 at 04:28 PM.
T2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Miller
General Boating Discussion
8
06-06-2005 09:31 PM
Outlawcowgirl
General Boating Discussion
0
03-03-2005 07:45 PM
BROWNIE
General Boating Discussion
1
12-15-2003 11:27 AM
Boat Girl
General Boating Discussion
5
06-05-2003 12:15 PM
CatAttack
General Boating Discussion
23
03-19-2002 11:59 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.