Notices

T2x???

Old 05-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Charlie, is your boat (Benihana) going to be ready?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Charlie..... nothing like stepping out of your boat with blood on your shirt, a dislocated joint or two, a 15 pound weight loss, and a lifetime of memories....... to make you a more "well rounded" racer.

eh?

T2x
I think I heard somewherre that scars..not ink..are the tattoo's of the brave

Last edited by phragle; 05-04-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:51 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
I think I heard somewherre that scares..not ink..are the tattoo's of the brave
Well, in that race you'll get both scares..... and scars.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

hmmmm.......250k....any sponsors..
Attached Thumbnails T2x???-lastsc.jpg  
Old 05-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

I think one of the problems (other than what T2X stated) with offshore racing is there is no way for the average spectator to identify with the racers. Most of the boats don't look like the average pleasure boat and there is no (boat) brand name or driver recognition so there are no rivalries. The boats are identified by the sponsor name. Who cares about Rio Roses, Reliable caries, etc? Look at NASCAR, everyone has there favorite drivers and makes. Even though they don't really resemble road cars they still are Chevy's vs Ford vs Mopars. Offshore needs Skaters vs Fountains vs Cigarettes vs Outerlimits, etc. Hey, here's an idea, instead of Fountain and Outlimits doing secret top speed runs independantly, why not enter them in a heads up offshore race like Charlie is talking about? Any length boat (V hull only), any power they want, any drivers they want, point A to point B, winner takes all.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Poo
Banned

[QUOTE=BajaFresh;2116690]I think one of the problems (other than what T2X stated) with offshore racing is there is no way for the average spectator to identify with the racers. ,
Bingo !
Fans love Drama . However the racers choose to distance themselves from one another , so no drama = no personality to root for ..

Check out the " SVL MIKLOS" thread in racer general forum .
That rivalry always get people fired up .
Old 05-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Charlie, is your boat (Benihana) going to be ready?
Well we are working on having the boat ready for the Point Pleasnat race in September. I was invited to be a guest of honor at that race by the AMF guys, along with Billy Martin.

If the boat is ready, I'm going to call Rocky and see if he will come down so we can put him back in his old boat that weekend...should be quite an old school Pt Pleasant event.

So, this race will only be a couple of weeks later, if we don't break anything major, I would very much like to participate one more time.

This photo I picked up from another thread, but the engines are the same as I just bought from Roger Munn. Looking at mid 700 hp on the dyno, which should be enough to keep up with the pack.

I'm counting on the adage that ....Old age and treachery beats youth and enthusiasm any time.
Attached Thumbnails T2x???-roger-munn-engines-big.jpg  
Old 05-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Registered

Beautiful motors Charlie. They look like they just came out of the back side of Denny Hulme's Mk8F!

As I watch myself transition from enthusiastic youth to treacherous old man, I can only say that I'll be pulling for you old farts!

Good luck!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
I think one of the problems (other than what T2X stated) with offshore racing is there is no way for the average spectator to identify with the racers. Most of the boats don't look like the average pleasure boat and there is no (boat) brand name or driver recognition so there are no rivalries. The boats are identified by the sponsor name. Who cares about Rio Roses, Reliable caries, etc? Look at NASCAR, everyone has there favorite drivers and makes. Even though they don't really resemble road cars they still are Chevy's vs Ford vs Mopars. Offshore needs Skaters vs Fountains vs Cigarettes vs Outerlimits, etc. Hey, here's an idea, instead of Fountain and Outlimits doing secret top speed runs independantly, why not enter them in a heads up offshore race like Charlie is talking about? Any length boat (V hull only), any power they want, any drivers they want, point A to point B, winner takes all.
I wholeheartedly agree......remember when Factory1 and2 were on TV.......NO mention of the make of boats.....sponsors only.....the leader rundowns.....all sponsors.....and it was supposed to be "factory against factory"......I remember straining at my TV set......Is that a Warlock......or......what is that???.......

For God sakes!......get the MTIs vs the Skaters.......Tomlinson vs Impressia ...... capitalise on Fountain vs Outerlimits......use it in your print adds........on your radio adds......Its not that difficult.......instead the adds focus on speed and excitment......OK.......so you go to the race (which I have )and its like "OK....theres alot of boats out here......ahhhhhhh who am I supposed to cheer for?.......the blue one ahhhhhh.....looks pretty"
I have several race posters in my garage......not ONE mentions an individual.

It should be......"OK,see that number (24) boat.....he thinks he's Mr clean Mr perfect.......and that boat number (20....get it!) is Mr Baddazz......I wanna see Baddazz smoke Mr Perfects clock!!"

Boat racing DOES NOT understand WHATSOEVER how to make rivalries work for them.......
Old 05-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
I wholeheartedly agree......remember when Factory1 and2 were on TV.......NO mention of the make of boats.....sponsors only.....the leader rundowns.....all sponsors.....and it was supposed to be "factory against factory"......I remember straining at my TV set......Is that a Warlock......or......what is that???.......

For God sakes!......get the MTIs vs the Skaters.......Tomlinson vs Impressia ...... capitalise on Fountain vs Outerlimits......use it in your print adds........on your radio adds......Its not that difficult.......instead the adds focus on speed and excitment......OK.......so you go to the race (which I have )and its like "OK....theres alot of boats out here......ahhhhhhh who am I supposed to cheer for?.......the blue one ahhhhhh.....looks pretty"
I have several race posters in my garage......not ONE mentions an individual.

It should be......"OK,see that number (24) boat.....he thinks he's Mr clean Mr perfect.......and that boat number (20....get it!) is Mr Baddazz......I wanna see Baddazz smoke Mr Perfects clock!!"

Boat racing DOES NOT understand WHATSOEVER how to make rivalries work for them.......

Exactly! Look what happens here when you mention Fountain or Apache in a thread! They need to capitalize on that aspect, owner loyalty. I know I would root for a Baja if they raced one (and Cigarette! ). I'm sure anyone that owns a performance boat would root for their brand. I'm really suprised a marketing master like Reggie hasn't grasped on to this.

Quick Reply: T2x???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.