Like Tree0Likes

T2x???

Reply
Old 05-05-2007, 12:17 PM
  #181
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: oshawa ontario
My Boats: 31 Scarab Thunder
Posts: 4,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullmytrigger View Post
I wholeheartedly agree......remember when Factory1 and2 were on TV.......NO mention of the make of boats.....sponsors only.....the leader rundowns.....all sponsors.....and it was supposed to be "factory against factory"......I remember straining at my TV set......Is that a Warlock......or......what is that???.......

For God sakes!......get the MTIs vs the Skaters.......Tomlinson vs Impressia ...... capitalise on Fountain vs Outerlimits......use it in your print adds........on your radio adds......Its not that difficult.......instead the adds focus on speed and excitment......OK.......so you go to the race (which I have )and its like "OK....theres alot of boats out here......ahhhhhhh who am I supposed to cheer for?.......the blue one ahhhhhh.....looks pretty"
I have several race posters in my garage......not ONE mentions an individual.

It should be......"OK,see that number (24) boat.....he thinks he's Mr clean Mr perfect.......and that boat number (20....get it!) is Mr Baddazz......I wanna see Baddazz smoke Mr Perfects clock!!"

Boat racing DOES NOT understand WHATSOEVER how to make rivalries work for them.......
T2x - no comment on this.......???

Offshore racing HAS rivalries.......why dont they capatalise on them......???
pullmytrigger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:58 PM
  #182
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member
 
Racegirl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bucyrus, Ohio
My Boats: Former Boat Btch, now I just dream
Posts: 22,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullmytrigger View Post
Offshore racing HAS rivalries.......why dont they capatalise on them......???


We have some great rivalries between some teams .... but I think it was referred to as chest thumping
__________________
Bad Girls Make Good Company
Racegirl3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:05 PM
  #183
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member
 
T2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Quarry, NC
My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullmytrigger View Post
T2x - no comment on this.......???

Offshore racing HAS rivalries.......why dont they capatalise on them......???
\

For the past 25 years I have advocated featuring our key personalities in the media.

Our best are Stevie, JT, Imprescia, Jeff Harris, Billy Moore, Balough, Dyke, Serrales, Robertson, Sgro and a few others. Rarely do they race against each other, and some are on the beach. How do you emphasize rivalries, personalities and competition, when there is no racing continuity to carry the theme?

Personality development and creating a fan base for our sport's key players is yet another casuality of the bewilderment which emanates from too many classes and organizations.

T2x
T2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:13 PM
  #184
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member
 
T2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Quarry, NC
My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racegirl3 View Post
We have some great rivalries between some teams .... but I think it was referred to as chest thumping

Rivalries are created by a large number of talented people striving to be the best on a level playing field and achieving this by beating the very best....not one or two guys.

Chest thumping is bragging about yourself and trash talking about your competitors every chance you get. This occurs at the bar, in forums like this, and sometimes at race sites. It has hurt the sport immensely and created an image of amateurism and petty finger pointing...and has no place in a true racing environment. To go back to an earlier post, true racing is about keeping your mouth shut and proving your ability on the race course, with humility, respect, and gratitude to your team and the people who work so hard to create a forum for you to race on in the first place.

There may be great rivalries today but they exist in the minds of very few people who actually care....and that is a shame.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 05-05-2007 at 01:19 PM.
T2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:52 PM
  #185
Registered
 
bouyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Apache Jct. AZ
My Boats: 24' Pantera
Posts: 5,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
Rivalries are created by a large number of talented people striving to be the best on a level playing field and achieving this by beating the very best....not one or two guys.

Chest thumping is bragging about yourself and trash talking about your competitors every chance you get. This occurs at the bar, in forums like this, and sometimes at race sites. It has hurt the sport immensely and created an image of amateurism and petty finger pointing...and has no place in a true racing environment. To go back to an earlier post, true racing is about keeping your mouth shut and proving your ability on the race course, with humility, respect, and gratitude to your team and the people who work so hard to create a forum for you to race on in the first place.

There may be great rivalries today but they exist in the minds of very few people who actually care....and that is a shame.

T2x
Hmmm.
Very well said.
bouyhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:14 PM
  #186
Registered
 
ratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: medellin colombia, pablo escobar's lil town
My Boats: michelob light scarab, sold, sailor now
Posts: 8,396
Default

żisnt t2x stecz father? or is the father of steczś first born?
ratman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:00 PM
  #187
Registered
 
stecz20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco CA
My Boats: I am Jersey's B!tch
Posts: 7,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratman View Post
żisnt t2x stecz father? or is the father of steczś first born?
i thougt you were dead!!!!
stecz20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:00 AM
  #188
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Turku, Finland
My Boats: Something small blown and light
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
Here we go with the classes.

There are three classes....that's it.

They are putting up the money and effort to get movie footage....that is their whole agenda.

The racers either go with the three classes or don't go.......it isn't what I would do, but I'm not putting the money up either.
True old School offshore !

And back to this thread.

When T2X became obsolete, that was @ the day Real Offshore Racing ended in USA, IMO.

Thank God There Still Is UIM.
*Those who don´t know what a T2X is doesn´t know more about boatracing than a pig about a satellite.

Rich-keep them stories coming or OSO will become
"just another" site !
Greetings from an Offshore fan 4000 miles East and way more up north than NJ...(like Anchorage, Alaska)

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 05-06-2007 at 06:08 AM.
MikeyFIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:21 AM
  #189
Registered
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Slightly North of Cuba
My Boats: Donzi Criterion SS, X-18 , 16 OB, Z-235, F-14, Magnum Missile
Posts: 2,914
Default

T2X's evil stepchild..
Attached Thumbnails
T2x???-t4.jpg  
Scott B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:11 AM
  #190
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: MIAMI, FL
My Boats: 4 BOATS KILLED :)
Posts: 1,262
Default

Isn't Alaska West? I guess that's why you guys don't go far from shore....................
BROWNIE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Miller
General Boating Discussion
8
06-06-2005 09:31 PM
Outlawcowgirl
General Boating Discussion
0
03-03-2005 07:45 PM
BROWNIE
General Boating Discussion
1
12-15-2003 11:27 AM
Boat Girl
General Boating Discussion
5
06-05-2003 12:15 PM
CatAttack
General Boating Discussion
23
03-19-2002 11:59 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.